1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Swag

Swag Member

the xbox one sucks lol. go buy urself the ps4

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Yesterday I pre-ordered a PS3 but after thinking about it I think I will switch to the xbox one.

Microsoft seems to be trying to do some innovative things with this new console, I like the idea of being able to watch a show and a friend challenging me to a game of madden and being able to instantly switch over to that. Yesterday in the conference they showed someone playing that gladiator game and in comes a challenge from killer instinct and the person was able to just switch over to the killer instinct match. that's pretty cool

like someone said before, i want to download games on the fly this generation. no more going to stores to pick up games, i should be able to play them on my console day 1. so the whole used game thing is kinda doesn't matter for me, i don't think i've ever bought a used game before although it seems dumb for microsoft to do that in the first place when sony isn't doing it.

watching an nfl/nba game and getting fantasy updates right on the fly is also pretty cool. every console will be bundled with kinect so there's very little fragmentation between users and you'll know that every person who owns the console will also have a webcam which should make multiplayer matches with friends alot more fun.

i know microsoft is getting alot of hate but i kinda like some of the stuff they showed. the xbox one has a lot of potential

3. BleedsRocketRed

The ridiculous restrictions on the check in feature, always on, 1 hour limit for bringing a game to a friends, 24hr offline allowance, no backward compatibility of any kind (I mean is it really that hard to code an emulator for XBLA games?)..etc. I am not paying for a system where I essentially "rent" a game from M$

I have been a huge Xbox supporter. They have done me well over the years (XBL member since launch) but this system has left a huge sour taste in my mouth. I want a video game console, not a restrictive contractual rental box. Its ridiculous and I think M$ is making a HUGE mistake here...

I will be getting a PS4

4. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D7KSkZxt_zo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Anticope

Anticope Member

Well, I'm convinced. You make a compelling case

6. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I bought that too. Looks cool.

However, not so sure you can apply that to next gen. PS4 is supposed to be just as development-friendly as the XBone, so I'd think the indie gap would close.

Secondly, State of Decay isn't a true "exclusive," as it will be coming out for PC.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The hardware specs are close enough to be a non-issue.

Kinect is more than a gimmick, and if it is truly improved as people say, it will be something everyone wishes they had. The games are mostly good for family fun and party play, but to me the real value is in no controller. The first Kinect was $150, IIRC when it came out. DVR is another advantage.

The other crap they are doing provides such negative value.

People can spend their money how they want, but I hope enough people hold out that MS has to change what they are doing.

If they did away with the crap, pulled out the Kinect, sold for $399, w/ $150 Kinect or $499 bundled, Xbox would have a chance to win.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The specs are different enough to show a pretty obvious difference, assuming devs take advantage of PS4 hardware. Wouldn't say it is a HUGE thing (like Xbox to PS2/DC), but there is a decent gap in performance. Especially with the Xbone's OS taking up so many resources.

I'd like to wait and see how 3rd parties use the hardware, but it wouldn't surprise me if PS4 games did look substantially better. Though unless PS4 runs away with this, devs will probably try to keep both versions looking/running similar.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'd say that is going to the biggest effect performance wise, but that's not really on the hardware.

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

True. OS resources + software tools probably have a larger affect on what you will end up seeing. Just on specs, PS4 would have mostly "minor" improvements (if you consider better AA, textures, and maybe some extra particles as minor). Though as I said, I think devs will try to make both versions look as much alike as possible (already doing that with 360/PS3).

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dammit...as soon as I start leaning in one direction, I get swayed into another direction. You made it sound like fun...need some time to think about what I want to do with my life.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good points. Either way I'll wait until they've been out for at least a year before ordering either of them. So, I'll be able to see reviews and game selection before ordering.

Right now, I use the xbox for a lot of stuff such as watching Amazon Prime, Netflix, Youtube, etc. I like that they've done that, and this seems to carry that kind of convenience further.

14. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Interesting article on Ryse, saying it is not a QTE-heavy monster.

"Rather than offer pre-determined move sets, Crytek has opted to give you the choice of how and what strikes you string together. Successfully execute whatever form this may take and the last attack is highlighted on screen. Pulling it off will see you rewarded a high hit point score and, for example, a health boost."

Basically unlike a animated QTE you are not stuck in that action until it is completed. You can opt out to do something else.

15. astros123

astros123 Member

lmao people buying a xbox one are just trying justify there ****ty purpose by saying there using it for media and other bull****. GUYS ITS A VIDEO GAME CONSOLE stop comparing media bs with the ps4.

16. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

As an exhibitionist, I can't wait to know that Kinect will be watching me at all times.

17. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It's leading in exclusive games so I don't see your point. If you want to bash it bc of their policies than by all means...

18. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

fix'd

Also many gamers are like addicts. They sacrifice game ownership and privacy to get their fix.

19. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

it's not like the xbox one doesn't have great games but i think consoles have evolved from just playing video games. i think casual gamers like myself will enjoy it.

also does anyone know what the whole nfl deal with the xbox one is about?

20. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Lol at people complaining about a system costing $500... #poorpeopleproblems