1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

They are trying to figure out how many unemployment checks it's going to take to buy one.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

question is. Will it work properly?

Will it change as quick as they demonstrated?

I have another question for the X One expert.

If i'm busy with school or work and haven't turn on my Xbox for over 24 hrs, what happens?

Will it just turn on automatically and connects to the network or it will turn into a paper weight? :confused:

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im surprised the exclusives arent getting more recognition for XBone...they all look pretty interesting to me and I definitely see a ton of potential with them.

I really like Ryse and Quantum Break...I think Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, and Titanfall have a lot of potential...Forza has been amazing for years now and I have no doubts itll continue to be impressive. Halo, Im not as big on as I used to be, but if they can step it up with next gen powers, then who know.

In any case, XBone has the potential to deliver to casual/media people, as well as "gamers", if the exclusives deliver. If that happens, I think XBone will do very well.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

NO schit they will do very well if they didn't have any restrictions for the damn box!

Microsoft, please fire Phil Harrison!

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Nothing bad happens...I think this issue is overblown. First, it's probably connected to the internet already. Second, assuming you dont have internet connection for 24 hours, you will be able to play once you do get that connection. If you like multiplayer games and play online, you wont run into any issues. If you like to play single player games and you take your XBone on a trip, and you happen to not be able to connect online, then you cant play your game, but can do multimedia related stuff.

EDIT

My guess is that XBone will change this 24 hour check to maybe a weekly check, or something along those lines.

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I would imagine nothing happens until you turn it on. Once you turn it in then it recognizes the situation which results into paper weight activation. Personally, don't really know though.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

how is it already connected to the internet if it's on sleep mode (assuming i'm connected to the internet using wireless)

if it's a hard wired, i understand

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

my understanding is that when you turn it off i goes into sleep mode and thats how its able to turn on so quickly.

sleep mode with a constant connection to the internet i would figure. kinda like apple's power nap

honestly the details on this stuff is still so bare it seeems

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The media aspect is a gimmick. If this is your selling point, you're a fool. Microsoft will only support platforms that fit their agenda. There are too many other media centers that are content agnostic and perform much better.

11. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I think it is the variety of entertainment some people like. There are a lot of casual gamers who like the games, Kinect and multimedia features. Personally, I just want games.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's not a ****load IMO when you consider everything that it offers for me. Possibly, but if I can use an all-in-one thing, I'd like that. I'm always about simplicity when it comes to technology. Yeah I could probably get a Raspberry Pi device, but I'm also getting this because Microsoft is the company behind the software. They've done a lot since when the Xbox 360 first came out on the software side. I personally like the direction they're going in.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

I been trying to defend Xbox One for the past few days and it felt like I was the only one who saw Xbox like a better way to go.... Thank You OP and others for actually looking into the positives of Xbox and not just the online, camera, and games trade part... In MY opinion... As in MINE... Xbox exclusives look better than PS4. They just look more interesting. Who knows, maybe every single one of those exclusives for Xbox fails and the PS4 exclusives are great but as of now to ME.... Xbox Exclusives look better. I do think Kinect 2 will work way better than the first and if that's the case then its going to be awesome owning it. Skype and all the apps Xbox Live for content is also a plus for me because crap I would love to use my Xbox for everything. Sports, Movies, Games........ The price difference is the Kinect. You know, that interesting thing that Microsoft came out with that with a camera can mock very expensive motion sensors used for 3D modeling in CGI.... I take special effects classes and at school we have a very expensive system with track balls and the sensors around the whole room. It was impressive to see the Kinect two using its camera to actually put someone's body into 3D space and having a somewhat close reading of the shape features of the person. Its impressive how well it worked on the first Kinect thou not perfect but Kinect may just do something we were not expecting. To actually work the way it was intended to. Hands free controller that truly does bring a future sci fi feel to things...

PS4? No thank you. I will take my chances with the One because if Xbox pulls it off. If Kinect two improves significantly over 1 and they provide good exclusives with a smooth dash and quick switching to sports/movies/games/Skype then there is no way those extra $100 is not worth it..... As I have said before, just hope those PS4 buyers out there understand they are spending $400 dollars on a console without even considering the Xbox... Hope this does not come back to haunt them later when they cant afford the extra $550 to get the console that does more..... Just saying..

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Well PS4 is doing what 360 has been doing for 8 years now..... Group chat, online support...... Xbox is moving on to bigger and better things....

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

how long did it take xbox to add a blu-ray drive?

don't even start with the HD-DVD crap

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

How long till Xbox brought Netflix and High Def streaming to Live? Why would I go buy a blue ray when I can stream it in HD with the click of a button...

17. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Blu-ray? I like games, not multimedia features.

Srsly though, don't feed the troll. :)

1 person likes this.
  18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

If i'm already paying for Netflix, why am i paying for gold to access something that i already paid for?

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Because you can access Netflix straight from your Xbox to your tv without the need of a PC....???? I don't understand why people cry soo much over paying for live when its $50 dollars a whole freaking year.... That's less than $5 a month for tons of free content, downloads and access to your services as Netflix..... No to mention multiplayer gaming with full lobbies that actually works..... Is it wrong that Xbox asks for $50 to provide tons of stuff to watch and look at plus a great online multiplayer experience for a whole year? $50 is pocket change man..... Pocket change...

1 person likes this.
  20. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

yeah thats pretty dumb. they've been doing that for awhile and it makes no sense to me and neither does this used game stuff (even though i don't care about it)

found this article which was pretty interesting http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/201...o-asteroid-maps-next-gen-kinect-and-football/

i think we have a long way to go in getting more information from both consoles. too early to pick one right now