1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] For Jeremy Lin, a jagged journey back to Houston gives him reason to trust again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gah, Nov 14, 2012.

1. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

:rolleyes: Please. Stop. Talking.

2. jaedenky

jaedenky Member

His struggle is similar to Robinsons although less, of course this is several decades later so times have changed a bit. But I believe a valid comparison can be made....

1) Lin is the first high profile Asian American player in the NBA
    2) Lin himself has stated many times that he received relentless amount of racial slurs in high school & college games, this was from fans and players
    3) Lin was undrafted out of high school even though his team won state championship and he was state player of the year
    4) Lin was not drafted out of College even though he had success with Harvard and turned their team and system around for the better
    5) Lin was never given a chance in the NBA and was cut by 2 teams, while on the Knicks, coach Dantoni refused to even call Lin by his name. The ONLY reason Lin even got a chance at some minutes is because the Knicks were on their 3rd game of a back to back to back, both Baron Davis & Toney Douglas were injured at the time, that game was the first game of Linsanity.
    6) His own teammate Melo called his contract "ridiculous". His own teammate JR Smith said that if Lin came back there would be serious problems in the locker room because of the contract. The NBA is a league of players that never talk about another players contract, it's an unwritten rule
    7) While on the court last year I seen several players take very hard shots at Lin, Jason Kidd tried to decapitate him once and I remember another player blatantly stepping on Lin's face when he was down.
    8) Fans of road teams have spit on Lin while he was walking the tunnel
    9) Jason Whitlock made a blatantly racist tweet about Lin yet was not fired
    10) ESPN ran a racist headline in one of their articles, using the word "c-h-i-n-k"
    11) Floyed Mayweather made racist comments on Lin
    12) Guys Like SAS have a definite hatred for Lin and has made it his personal mission to bash him

Racism against Asians is considered acceptable in western societies, considered perpetual outsiders and foreign invaders. Economic rivalries with China & japan, wars with Japan, Vietnam & Korea. Japanese internment camps.

Did you know that John McCain once said quote "I hate gooks, I'll always hate gooks" this was not covered by any mainstream media outlet.

Yet when Don Imus says "nappy haired ho's" there is frantic media coverage, public outcry and he is fired.

Truth is the truth.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wait so you are upset that Lin is enforcing asian american stereotypes. So you decide to express your displeasure by re-enforcing asian american stereotypes yourself. Well done.

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

Dude, it's just 7 games in. For all we know (which is, you know, NOTHING), Lin knows what the long-term plan is and knows that the team is in an experimental phase right now.

We already have enough morons in pro sports who jeopardize their careers by vastly overinflating their worth on a team and badmouth their coaches, GMs, and teammates. And only the true greats can get away with it, and even they take a beating for doing so (see Kobe, Dwight).

5. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Poor Jeremy. Guess he spoke too soon about how he was going to get a chance and be allowed to play again after the disappointment of Woodson. He's now in a much worse position on the Rockets than he was on the Knicks, I wonder if he conceived of that before he agreed to sign here. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next little while.

Listening to Sampson's interviews what I find most illuminating is what he does not say. He's always talking about Chandler being a winner and about his intangibles or any other player. Not one good word about Lin though.

I guess we'll soon find out how sincere Morey was in wanting Lin to be part of the Rocket's future because he won't let the coaching staff ruin him with their boneheaded stupidity if that's what he wants.

6. Arthurprescott2

Way to de-rail the thread completely by race baiting. Both of you go on the ignore list and honestly, should have been on it long ago.

7. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Um how did reinforce Asian American stereotype? Explain.

8. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

LOL, what are you talking about?

What would you like him to do? Break plays and just do his thing in the middle of games? Take to Twitter to complain like Royce? In the interview with Woj, say: pass me the freaking ball, Beard Boy?

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin is the modern day Jackie Robinson, eh?

I would like to take this opportunity to formally submit my two-weeks' notice in the GARM. I will stick around long enough for a transition to be made, but it has become apparent to all parties that this partnership is not sustainable. I appreciate the chance you took on me allowing me to post here, but it is time to move on. I wish nothing but the best for all of you in your future endeavors.

God bless us everyone.

-Haymitch

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

No where close, Jackie Robinson had reason to genuinely fear for his life.

11. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Well it looks like his trust was completely broken by the Knicks ( but keep in mind this is woj). I wonder how he feels about how he is being utilized in this system that clearly marginalizes his contribution to the team. Does he still trust Sampson and Mchale? Is he that naive?

12. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I'd say the interview probably happened after the first two games or so. It takes time for these things to be written up, edited, re-written, printed etc.

Lin's had a rude wakeup call not long after he gave that interview. Kind of ironic. I think he's stronger and smarter than people give him credit for. I don't think he'll be happy to let morons like Sampson keep him down indefinitely. Though I'm not sure what his options are short of asking for a trade. Hopefully his agent/family have his back.

13. nono

nono Member

Smh. This is getting ridiculous.

14. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I am not sure when Jeremy made this statements but for him to say that he completely trusts his coaching staff when they are not setting him up to succeed appears completely naive to me.

How he deals with it is up to him. He doesn't have to be an ******* and go ape shot but certainly can express his concern in a more diplomatic way. Of course we as public will not know if he had already done that, but all I see is his role being minimized with every game.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

If a single fake Jeremy Lin fan and troll can affect you that much, then you definitely should not be visiting GARM.

Take care

16. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

+1000000

17. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I don't think we need to worry about Lin. From the sound of some of these posts here, his fans will tar and feather Morey or burn the TC to the ground if he doesn't get the ball more or is traded to the Lakers. :)

18. kinein

kinein Member

Thats pretty brutal and ignorant. Try visiting some Asian American blogs or read what asian Americans are writing in the la times or wall street journal and get some perspective.

Attacking his character because he is stating what people of Asian descent from multiple countries do believe has it's own sound to it as well.

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I agree with everything u have posted thus far. U obviously do a better job of articulating your sentiments but it seems like u r expressing exactly how I feel. Keep up the excellent posts.

20. jaedenky

jaedenky Member

Case in point, the hilarious thing is that you do not even see that what you wrote was racist, it's been ingrained in you so long that racism against Asians is acceptable. You're a pawn, a stupid brainwashed, indoctrinated sheepling.

Let me spin your post abit and talk about a black guy, say president Obama:

Obama talks of disrespect, but he continues to play the stereotype of the stupid, lazy black man, If he's just content with with being dumb and lazy then I will not defend him anymore. I'm quite dissapointed in his lack of intelligence and laziness but maybe it's not in his genetic makeup to be intelligent and hard working.

See how it works?