1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With OKC getting Melo, are we even a top 4 seed in the West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Sep 23, 2017.

?

Are we now the 4th seed or the 5th seed in the West?

1. 4th seed, barely.

73.0%
  2. 5th seed, no more home court advantage.

27.0%
  1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This syyyguy has 5 threads on the first page of the GARM, he must be a great poster.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Abraham Rodriguez

I dont think OKC is better than Houston.. Melo is getting old and i think since Paul Georges injury to his leg I dont think hes the same player as before.. we should be fine.. we got a good starting 5 and good bench with Gordon, Tucker

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

I think we are second or third in the West separated by a coin flip with OKC on offseason paper.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

And that boy mooootay

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Here we go again overlooking the other teams, we have done it since dwights last year here.....every time you guys are wrong.

The best we can wish for is the offense doesn't click for okc...

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We aren't a bad team but we have to face the fact that OKC now has a legit 3 headed offensive monster. If anything Morey needs to swing for the fences and get a 3rd star in the next few days. This time I think it might cost us more than we'd really like.

7. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

If anyone wants to bet a large amount of money on the Thunder winning more games than Houston I think you will find a lot of takers on the Rockets side. The top team is obviously the Warriors, then a slight nod to the Rockets for 2nd over the Spurs. Placing us at the 4th or 5th seed is laughable.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

i think he's top 2 or 3

9. MonteMelo

MonteMelo Member

Guys, I've been following this forum the whole summer, rooting for Melo to Houston. I've red literally every page of literally every Melo thread. You guys wrote like 1000 pages for Melo. And all of the sudden, he is "little better than Ryan f*****g Anderson". C'mooooon guys, don't be that disrespectful. No team in this league wanted him, while Carmelo was recruited by CP3, Harden, Westbrook, George, Lillard, CJ McCollum, Lebron.... Just please stop. My point is, OKC is not clearly better than Houston right now. But they are not clearly worse either. They have some work to do, they need to improve their bench. But why everybody here raving about Clint Capela, yet they don't mention Adams as a really good center in this league who is still 24? All of you who are calling Melo "a little better than Ryan" etc etc, y'all gonna see a beast this year I can promise you that. I am Melo fan for 15 years now, and I really really wanted him in Houston, but it is what it is. NY didn't want that third year in Ryan's contract when KP is free agent, and you just can't blame them. They are worst organization in NBA, but even they are not that stupid. It's not like anybody else wanted Ryan Anderson... And on Melo's side, you can't blame him for accepting trade to OKC either. How many of you would be with Knicks for this long if you were in his skin? How many of you would say "F**k this, I'm out" a few years ago? He just didn't want to start season with that organization, and he also knew that they ain't accepting Ryan Anderson in a trade. So he pulled a trigger and got himself in another great winning situation, with two in their prime superstars. And he WILL show the world how good of a player he still is, I can promise you that. Just watch and admire one of the greatest scorers this planet has ever seen.

That's pretty much it from me. I wish you guys a great season. You really have a great roster here and you should be able to do well. Cheers!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

bye Me7o

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Melo man good to have you on clutchfans! Thank you for posting your entire autobiography here for absolutely no charge! I cannot wait for vol2!! Wicked paragraph break right at the surprise twist end there.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. MonteMelo

MonteMelo Member

You guys are so mad, I can't belive this :D I'm out

13. MonteMelo

MonteMelo Member

Dude with 10000 messages on a forum is telling me i am posting autobiography on a forum :D

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It was cool of you to join a rockets forum to chastise us for talking about Melo. Dude has really been kicking ass in the Leastern conference

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

16. Daddy Long Legs

you did not

17. MonteMelo

MonteMelo Member

I've joined at the end of july. Been following since draft. I'm not chastise you for talking about Melo, I'm just stating my opinion, and btw I was very polite, I wished you guys luck. I didn't even say OKC is better, did I? I just said they are both really good teams. So no need to talk like that my friend honestly :) Anyway, wish you guys good luck again, thank you for your time :)

18. Daddy Long Legs

dude you guys will SUCK next year.

ib4thacurbstomp

19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

That was probably Potato Head, not Melo.

:D

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Are you guys bumping @swyyyguy threads on purpose?

Nearly every thread on the front page is by him!!

It’s like that one time we had 50 dmo threads. Except now it’s 50 @swyyyguy threads!!