1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With OKC getting Melo, are we even a top 4 seed in the West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Sep 23, 2017.

?

Are we now the 4th seed or the 5th seed in the West?

1. 4th seed, barely.

73.0%
  2. 5th seed, no more home court advantage.

27.0%
  1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The west is stacked, of course. Wish we could just fast forward to the playoffs and see what happens. Not sure if I can survive all of the regular season narratives again.

2. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

The west is a ****ing murder factory this year. I want to see the playoff format changed, big time. With the great western migration of players, they need to just go with best 16 teams regardless of conference. Silver will never let it happen, but it would be best from an entertainment/competition stand point.

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Omg the amount of negativity on this board today is unfathomable, so cp3 will be heading out after this season and okc is top 3....!! Yes they have 3 all star players but our depth is second to the warriors, I still like our chances if we face them in playoffs, westbrook will be westbrook and he'll continue to be the alpha of that team. Do you guys think pg13 and melo will enjoy playing alongside westbrook or even stay in okc longterm. melo will be wearing different uniform next year and pg13 will end up in LA.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

We are top 3 worst case number 4 which still descent

swyyyguy likes this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I hope so man.

ryano2009 likes this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

None, 3rd seed. They still built a solid team. Melo isn't LeBron and anyone who thought we would get Melo is crazy, we had no trade package to give NYC.

cerophilik likes this.
  7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Where’s the 2nd seed option on this poll?? At least 3rd. I still feel we are better than okc. Are the spurs #2?
    I know the warriors are one but who’s 2&3?
    Let’s just wait and see how the season goes. I still see us at 2 or 3.

So we got 3rd seed last year and we IMO got better this year. We got Cp3 improvement on offense. We got Luke n Tucker and black which will be better than Harrell, dekker or wiltjer.
    I think we better than the spurs now. Last year we were but our bench couldn’t keep up w the spurs on some games. I’m talking about the reg season. And on the playoffs we just needed another scorer or playmaker. Ego Ryan or Lou weren’t helping much creating their shots or opening space. Patrick was good in def but he can’t create his shot. So Cp3 fixes all that helping harden and plays great against the spurs.

Only other team that might be good might be the wolves.
    So maybe

Gsw
    Houston
    Spurs

Wolves
    Okc
    Denver *
    Clips
    NO
    Mem

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they might be a smaller postseason monster but their regular season record might not be better than ours.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If their youngsters can take the next step.....

Tier 2.5 Wolves (former Pups)

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

If I recall correctly we had a lot of close games and we just couldn’t close some of them. Like last minute of the games we would go cold and jack up 3s or make lots of turn overs. Or whenever harden didn’t show those games were easy L for us. With Cp3 that won’t happen or at least half those games we will win.

OTMax likes this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol the Thunder are not better than us

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The only team did not win Championship in 5 best record over the last 10 years.

swyyyguy likes this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Stop cheating yourself.
    Its not hard to admit OKC is better.

swyyyguy likes this.
  14. blackistan

blackistan Member

If anyone says that we have a better squad than OKC after this trade then their just delusional

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Key word is better "team." Now okc does have one more bigger name.

16. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Cmon man, Eric Gordon is ranked higher than Carmelo according to ESPN

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

Last time Westbrook had another star he was in the WCF

Last time he had 2 stars he was in the finals vs the heat

People in here so dumb for saying "three ball hogs will never work"

swyyyguy likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You talking bout KD, Ibaka plus really good role players then you talking bout KD, Harden and Ibaka with really good role players. These teams could lock down the paint on defense and KD along with Westbrook can attack and dish. These teams covered all areas of the game. Now Melo, George and Westbrook is a scary trio but after that they need help covering up some other weak areas. No Kanter or Ibaka leaves Adams in a worse place in terms of having to do all the dirty work. Patterson has to really step up. The really good teams will expose weaknesses.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

OKC does miss Ibaka, Kanter is a good rebounder and scorer, but he is a terrible defender.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Okc needs to address that and just overall depth otherwise GS will be tied with them at halftime but win the game by 20 plus.