1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

OR, all that talent made him look good, and it going away exposed him.

Yaosthirdleg and Bobbythegreat like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They won't cause . .. he is 'troublesome'
    He doesn't have the 'look'

hell Manzeil is getting some run and probably be on a roster before Kaep
    That tells you all you need to know about the Blacklisting

Rocket River

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kaepernick brings ugly political drama to the spirit of enjoying a football game. If the 49ers prefer Hoyer over Kap, then I think that says a lot.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  4. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Klan is strong in this thread.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm prior military, so I didn't like his attitude.

6. ballgame

ballgame Member

I use to think we were past this BUT you're right! He didn't kill, rob or hurt anyone, only disagreed.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Ballgame - are you the next "Harden2Capela"/"SkyrimOwnsAll" figure who is a "black QB-only" supporter? (or half-black in Kaep's case)?

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

Nope just a person who believe everybody deserves a 2nd chance, I think Manziel deserves a 2nd chance too BUT in Kaep's case, I still don't know what he did wrong other than take a stance against something HE and millions of others thought was right!

BTW, Texan's own Duane Brown raised his fist during the Anthem and nobody said a word.....So, I ask again and again, WHY NOT KAEPERNICK??

Fulgore likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I really don't think his skin color has anything to do with "most" people not wanting him, or those same people wouldn't be wanting other quarterbacks who aren't "white" picked up in the draft. Calling those people Klan is like calling people Black Panthers who didn't like Schaub, Keenum, Osweiller, Hoyer, Savage, and Mallet. Sure, some people don't want the politics and drama Kap stirred up, but those included many military members and ordinary people of all race. Many were for it and many weren't. There will never be a unanimous opinion on politics and football. All I know is why not just put our money towards someone who is mediocre in the game of football? Haven't we tried that already?

#149 deb4rockets, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  10. ballgame

ballgame Member

All I'm saying is, if one of our own protested without any draw back, why Kaep? He's more healthy than Romo, been further in the playoffs, yet we are clammering for a beatup, older QB who may give us at best 1/2 of a season.

The smart thing to do would be to bring in a Kaep on a 1yr make good deal, draft a QB, hopefully Mahomes, in round 1, best available OT round 2 and a RB in round 4.

Make the Offense simple, similar to what they did for Brock. The Texans don't need alot, they just need a playmaker at the QB POSITION and a good backup RB to spell Miller.

Besides, if Romo hasn't taken Dallas to the Super Bowl ehen he was younger, what makes anyone think he's going to do it now?

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Romo and Brown are both miles better than Kaepernick, which makes either of their respective "issues" nonissues.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

To this day I never understood what is so complicated about the offensive system we ran. It looked so simple and repetitive, with the little run, run, short pass up the middle to the tight end, or short slant route to the receivers 99% of the time. It just baffles me.

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

I agree Romo is a better pocket QB than Kaep BUT HE CAN'T STAY HEALTHY! It's like having a Bentley that's always broke....what good is it?

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Where in the world did you see Manziel possibly getting on the Texans roster?

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Truer words were never spoken. In football terms Kapernick is not necessarily a "bad" QB only one with a skill set that dictates you run a specific offense (read-option) in order to take full advantage of his skills. Since the Texans (and everyone else) don't run this system, Kapernick isn't a viable option. Case closed.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

What attitude was that? I'm curious how someone who put on the uniform to defend our rights could turn around and penalize someone who chose to exercise those rights in a peaceful manner - which is what Kapernick chose to do. I, myself, consider his "protest" to be ill-advised and somewhat pointless (protesting injustice in the current political climate is a waste of time). I do find it illuminating that Kapernick gets black-balled for expressing personal views peacefully in public while others who commit drug offenses and sexual assaults are given chance after chance in the league.

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You can't be both terrible at football AND a bad person/distraction. Ray Rice never played after his crime, hardy is out of the league, tebow is out, etc.

and Greg Hardy is obviously miles and miles better then Kap and is unsigned cause he's a horrible person

Yaosthirdleg and Bobbythegreat like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While it's true that vets put on the uniform to defend the right for douchebag 1%ers to disrespect the flag, it doesn't mean that they'll like it.

What it really comes down to is talent. If he had more of it, he'd have a job already. Like you said above, the only way he can have any success at all is in a very specific type of offense that isn't having success in the NFL anymore now that defenses have adjusted to it. Since he's not a proper QB there's not much room for him in the league even without the distraction factor.

A legit example of a good player getting black-balled was Ray Rice. By any measure he was a very productive RB but after the domestic violence issue, no one would touch him.

Kap was always a fringe NFL talent at QB due to the gimmick factor of how he played.

Yaosthirdleg and deb4rockets like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I didn't penalize him for exercising rights in a peaceful manner, just because I said I didn't like his attitude. I don't fire or hire players. I also don't like the attitudes of many other players, for a variety of reasons. Some players I respect, and some I don't. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yes, the people who serve our country serve to protect our rights and freedom. That doesn't mean we agree with how everyone chooses to exercise their rights. I don't believe in what hate groups stand for, and have never understood how anyone could enslave another human being. I treat my dogs better than some people treat their children. I also don't like when people who claim to be religious stand around with signs at funerals saying the person deserved to die because they were gay. All they are doing is hurting the people there to mourn their loved ones, and promoting hate.

I think black-balled, and putting him in the same category as a Ray Rice or a Michael Vick, or anyone else who commits physical abuse, sexual abuse, or animal abuse is an entirely different type of person. I would never put him in that type of category, and don't think of him that way at all. Abuse is an entirely different story, and those types of people are dangerous to others. As for the ones who commit drug offenses, cheat the system in some way, and break the rules, I certainly don't think anyone puts him in that category either. I don't like those kind of men on our team either, but some NFL teams do. If those kinds of guys don't get black-balled, then maybe Kap didn't get grabbed up right away because there are others who are just as talented they could find who feel can be team players better.

20. ballgame

ballgame Member

Most of us seemed to be on the same page that Kaep deserves to be on a roster but where? Does his talents still translate?

I say yes! If Russell Wilson and Cam Newton can still play, so can Kaep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.