1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What does Kaep have to do with Russell Wilson and cam? Lol give me a break

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Kaepernick deserves to be on a roster, for sure. As a backup.

He can, in no way, hold Wilson's or Newton's jocks.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know you don't know this, but there is an absolutely massive talent gap between guys like Wilson and Newton and a gimmick QB like Kap. Just because Wilson and Newton are black and Kap might have had a black father (no one really knows for sure because his mother is the ONLY person that knows the father's identity and she hasn't ever told anyone who he is) doesn't mean that they are of similar quality.

If Kap was anywhere near as talented as those two, he'd be the starting QB for the Niners this season.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yet names like Cutler and Romo who have not done half as much . . . . .are being throw around
    and given legit conversation
    Manzeil is probably going to have a job this coming season . . . . . . . let that sink in

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Me either. Sounds more like and excuses than anything
    OBie is simply not putting the team in a position to win
    "WELL .. *MY* SYSTEM IS JUST TOO COMPLICATED FOR MERE HUMAN QUARTERBACKS TO RUN . . . IF I HAD A QB GOD!!! YOU'D SEE MAGIC!!" - The OBie System

Rocket River

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, in your mind, the reason Kap is struggling to find a job is due to the fact that he might have a black father? Seriously?

That's quite a hot take.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

When it comes to the bad people in the NFL . . .. Kaep is far down the list.
    It is easier to attack and hate Kaep . . .than to address or hate the situations that cause him to do what he did

People hate Kaep . . but are quite ok with cops senselessly killing black people . . . hell anyone at this point
    People hate Kaep . . . but are quite ok with injustice inequality and general atmosphere of oppression
    Point those out. . . cause people to hate you . . . . period. . . . . . ..

Rocket River

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. ballgame

ballgame Member

People don't go by STATS! They form an OPINION and stick to it.

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

As a starter or backup, he deserves to be on a roster! You can have your opinion but the fact is Cam and Russ has had more roster stability than Kaep has had the past 2, 3 yrs. That's a fact BUT the truth is Kaep has done just a good of a job, as has both of those players in getting to a Super Bowl and Conf Championship

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

OMG dude you've gone nuts. Take your BS to the D&D.

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Bobby

Didn't you say you were going to let this thread die out?? Even though I don't agree, thanks for your input.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of them excite me really. I hate other teams' leftovers as our choice. Manziel isn't the kind of guy I would want to lead my team, simply because of his cocky attitude, allegations of hitting his ex girlfriend, drinking problems, discipline problems, and who knows what else. I'd rather have a respectable type of leader personally. I know lots of people love Manziel, but I'm never a fan of guys like that. The only player who will excite me as quarterback on this team is us finally drafting somebody who turns out to be really special.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not sure what this had to do with what I was talking about. I was commenting on what someone else said, and didn't attack or say I hated Kap. This is the kind of politics that comes from saying you don't like the guy, and that is exactly what I am talking about.

#174 deb4rockets, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  15. omgTHEpotential

JJ Watt is my favorite type of player. Richard Sherman least favorite. Kaepernick I just can't decide on.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Seen it all now, if you don't employ a terrible "black" qb with baggage you're a racist.

Yaosthirdleg and bigtexxx like this.
  17. ballgame

ballgame Member

I agree but a rookie won't cut it this yr and neither will Savage, he's injury prone, just like Romo.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Exactly! There lies the problem. I agree. I'm just not excited about our options for this year. I am excited about who we draft though, and what possibilities may come from that down the road. On the bright side, I don't have to worry about how many interceptions Brock will throw this year.

19. ballgame

ballgame Member

He's no worse than Osweiler was last yr, he's no worse than Hoyer or Mallett the yr before that. He's actually better and his protest was equal to what Duane Brown did, with his fist up! So, if it's no baggage for Brown, why is it baggage for Kaep?

I agreed with both players at the time and still do. Athletes need to use their stage, to help others recognize the injustices that is taking place. I KNOW MOST DON'T AGREE BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You kids were going off the rails so I thought you could do with some adult supervision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.