1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

E'Twaun Moore, 6'4'' shooting guard out of Purdue. He just dropped 38 (7-10 3PT) on Ohio State, and is averaging 18 and 5 this season. Slightly undersized, but he compensates with exceptional athleticism and a smooth stroke.

He looks like a certified steal in round 2.

2. stab

stab Member

Tristan Thompson or JD Sullinger

3. MourningWood

I think Thompson returns to Texas for one more year to play with fellow Canuck and good friend Myck Kabongo, and Sullinger's likely a top-5 pick.

4. HOUSTONROCKETS5

If we draft either Terrence Jones or Harrison Barnes, I would call this a successful draft!

5. Possum

Possum Member

Donatas Motiejunas unless there was a way to move up and get Perry.

6. MourningWood

Yeah, I really like what he brings to the table in terms of physical intimidation.

He definitely looks like he could deliver a pounding in the paint... pause.

[​IMG]

7. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

HAAAHAHAHA good stuff. That has to be the least intimidating picture ever ahah

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes, he is one of europe's most intimidating low-post threats.[​IMG]

9. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

What do posters think about Kenneth Faried? Reading his draft profile really intrigues me. High energy, does the dirty work, defensive player is what i got out of it. a mix of carl landry and the chuckwagon. One of the biggest knocks on him is that he plays in a weak conference. nbadraft.net has him in the mid 1st rd so far (19th pick). lets use phoenix's pick to get this guy!

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't know who should we draft,but we need a two way player with some upside who can defend.

11. htowndon2334

htowndon2334 Member

Marshon brooks!!

12. Andre Barrett

Andre Barrett Member

I'm thinking an international player would be good. Those are the types that have steal/bust potential and I'll take my chances with Morey choosing a good one. Besides the 4 main international players (Motiejunas, Valancuinas, Vesely, Kanter), I like C.J. Leslie 6'9 out of NC State. He was an All-American out of high school and has handles, athleticism, and height. He is a Freshman, who may go low first round, but I see him as a potential star. Also Harrison Barnes has an NBA game and if he slips I'd take him in a second.

13. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Me too!

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I am thinking Terrence will stay at UK another year. He's not ready to move to the NBA.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He looks pretty good to me. Likely top ten pick, no?

16. Possum

Possum Member

Tell me who you like so I can post a pic of them when they were 16 and say the same thing. :rolleyes: Why not post until you have something significant to add to the conversation.

11 - Donatas MotiejunasLithuania

Birthday: 9/20/90
    NBA Position: Power Forward
    Class: International
    Ht: 7-0
    Wt: 224
    Team: Benetton Treviso
    NBA Comparison: Andrea Bargnani

Strengths: Versatile lefty bigman with a high ceiling ... Has a lot of potential due to his size, agility and offensive development ... A finesse 4-man with excellent versatility, but shows the toughness to play inside with contact ... Shows a strong ability to run the floor and change directions, start and stop ...

Has great legs (strong) and feet (quick) ... Has inside/outside ability with the ability to defend inside and play with his back to the basket, as well as knock down shots on the perimeter ...

His outside shot has both range and consistency, and he has begun to develop some excellent moves including a jump hook, a turnaround fadeaway as well as fakes to draw opponents off their feet and excellent footwork ... Shows a competitive fire. He has a strong desire to win and improve, he just needs to show that at all times ...

Gets off the floor quickly and has solid explosiveness ... A solid shot blocker ... Comfortable handling the ball when necessary to break the press and has solid vision and passing ability ... Has a very good body and appears that he will be able to add upperbody strength and become a solid rebounder and interior post player at the NBA level ...

Weaknesses: Is extremely talented and he knows it. At times he doesn't keep the pedal to the metal, exhibiting some lapses in focus and intensity (laziness) in practices ... Sometimes appears content to be better than others without dominating them the way he's capable ...

That's the type of thing that he'll need to mature out of, learning to work hard at all times in order to reach the stature of a Gasol or Nowitzki ... Still needs to add polish on his moves on the perimeter but has excellent potential to do so ... Has thin arms and upperbody, although he has solid strength. He'll need to get stronger to contend with NBA bigs ...

Solid length (6-11 wingspan) but nothing extraordinary ... Not as experienced or established as other European talents (such as Gasol or Nowitzki) were when they entered the NBA.

17. Rockets_4_life

Bledsoe and Orton weren't ready to go to the NBA either, but they still left. I think you just want a loaded Kentucky team next year.. :grin:

Unless his indicated in staying, but even that's not secure. Monroe say'd he would stay in Georgetown, but as soon as he saw the contract and sponsor(s)
    money, he was gone. Personally I hope T- Jones comes out, so we can draft him and develop him with our other young guys next year.

18. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I have some serious questions about what kind of motor Perry Jones really has. I'm a big Bears fan, and have watched about 15 or so games from this disappointment of a season. While the kid has the physical tools of an elite NBA prospect, he completely disappears for portions of most games, and for the others, he doesn't show up at all. He should be having a field day against the likes of Wayland Baptist, Tech, Colorado, etc. Instead he puts up average performances at best.

That being said, he's too physically gifted to not draft him if we had the chance. I see him following a similar career path as Lamar Odom, best case scenario.

19. MourningWood

Aw, did I hurt your feelings?

LOL.

Next time you copy and paste a draft analysis from an outside source, be sure to provide a link in order to credit the author.

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

cough* douchebag* cough..

That draft source he posted was from NBADraft.net, under the prospect name of "Donatas Motiejunas" you might want to go and check it out douche... :p