1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White House Exploring Genius New Economic Plan: More Stimulus...by cashing in your Social Security

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, May 11, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

jiggyfly, Invisible Fan, Nook and 3 others like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, put some clothes on

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Post of the year.

Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A new way to raid the Social Security
    They have tried every other way . .. . now this

Rocket River

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is no legal requirement for the President and his personal medical team to accurately report on all his mental and physical health condition. None. Previous presidents have gotten away with hiding mental and physical health issues and I'm confident Trump is above the obesity line unlike his former doctor publicly stated.

You don't have to pretend that a well reasoned person cannot be a decent judge of whether another human is of sound moral character and whether he is full of himself. I know you know people in your personal life you assume are colloquially narcissistic with it having nothing to do with some sort of tribal political bias.

Trump colloquially is a narcissist by the average human's definition. If you know a person who says stuff like this on regular:

I bet my left nut you would consider that person an egomaniac narcissist. But gasp you didn't medically diagnose that person. How dare you.

6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He probably is clinically narcissist, but I think it's dangerous to use medical diagnoses colloquially. It's like calling someone who is moody bipolar.

7. fchowd0311

So explain the negative consequences of people calling Donald Trump a narcissist.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Trump and Seagal have a lot in common when it comes to being experts at everything.

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

I never specifically said there was something wrong with calling him a narcissist, and now we are going down a completely different rabbit hole, but I think in general assigning medical diagnoses (esp. mental health ones) creates a false narrative about mental health and further clouds the general public's opinion of it. People already have a very narrowed and warped view of individuals with mental health issues (which includes a significant portion of the population).

I think of it in the same way society looks at calling someone you don't like a "r****d."

10. fchowd0311

You are when you follow that up with

I understand not calling someone autistic or r****ded as that gives a negative connotation to those terms that harms the perception of innocent people with those mental conditions.

But how does that apply to labeling Trump a narcissist? How does that "harm" people who are "clinically" diagnosed as one?

It just seems like concern trolling here to defend Trump. I'm not sure you would have interjected if someone called Hillary a narcissist. J wouldn't either because she probably is a narcissist.

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well you have it, the conservatives are ******** all over their base. They are encouraging older voters to die or vote Democratic.

12. STR8Thugg

Look you aren't going to change my opinion. You are trying to turn this into a defend Trump argument which is something I'm not making. I don't care to argue about whether the current president is or is not a true narcissist. I've stated many times before that he probably is, but since neither of us are physicians I think it makes more sense to call him an arrogant, self-absorbed, prick.

It may seem like I'm splitting hairs, but in reality you are. This whole "argument" has nothing to do with my original post and my original point, and I don't really care to die on this sword.

13. STR8Thugg

As usual you missed my point. I'm not freaking out specifically over people calling Donald Trump a narcissist. It's more the general premise I care about. You are acting like I'm "getting triggered" just because it's Donald Trump...which is not the case.

14. fchowd0311

Ya I think you are. I don't think you would be concerned about this issue or at the very least not comment on it here if someone called Hillary or Obama a narcissist. Hence concern trolling due to tribal political leanings.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Signed,

George Armstrong Custer

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

KingCheetah and RayRay10 like this.
  17. STR8Thugg

Well this is not true once again, but now I'm in a situation where I am defending myself for no reason.

Look man, you are definitely entitled to your own stupid ass opinions. You don't know me despite your obvious, conceited thought-processing that makes you think you can stereotype me. Is this a skill you think you learned in the Marines?

Every time you post it's like pulling teeth. Just agree to disagree and jump off my tip kindly now. I'm done with your clown show.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Nope. Trump did this to himself and it has been documented over and over again.

He has been utterly incompetent on this issue from giving businesses huge tax cuts but then disbanding his pandemic response team because he suddenly claimed he couldn’t afford it. To sending millions of supplies to China weeks before the pandemic hit us.... to not listening to his experts or his own cabinet members and doing zero preparation before it hit our shores.... to claiming the pandemic was not a problem, to claiming it was under control... to failing to act in a definitive way or bringing the people together... to lying at his press briefing, to failing to practice social distancing or wearing a mask... to giving unrealistic opening dates (Easter) to claiming he supports his scientists to tweeting the opposite later the same day... causing chaos. His handling of PPE has been shameful.

He has been a horrendous failure and a textbook case on how not to lead. The only credit he gets is for locking down the country for a period of time like every single educated person said to do.

Rashmon, fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has been reported on widely - ER's are ghost towns because of two reasons

1) covid patients are encouraged not to go to an ER
    2) People are afraid to go to ER's and hospitals in general for fear of Covid

There's a big problem with people not going to ER's for serious problems. This isn't what was intended.

STR8Thugg and RayRay10 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

I highly doubt you would have cared if someone called Hillary Clinton a narcissist.