1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which NBA team do you think has the biggest bandwagon

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Feb 2, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Alot of people had 1 favorite team and player now ever since the lakers won the championship in 09-10 people started hopping on the lakers bandwagon. when lebron was on the cavs i didn't see that many lebron fans but ever since he went to miami alot of people started jumping on the heat bandwagon same with okc and the clippers. which team do you think has the biggest bandwagon?

2. The Situation

The Situation Member

Right now? Clippers.

3. Mr. Space City

clippers easily.

then the bulls

4. Omer

Omer Member

This year Clippers. Last year Heat.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Clippers. Thunder. Bulls.

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Celtics fans came out of the woodwork when they landed the big 3. Same with Miami, I got a friend who'd been a Heat fan since birth(born in Miami). He gets upset because when he says he's a Heat fan, everyone assumes he's a bandwagonner.:grin:

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lakers in 09-10

They now hopped on the Clippers Wagon

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

yea i have friends who say there heat and laker fans but the funny thing was some of them didn't know what year shaq went to the lakers and what year the heat won the championship. thats what you call being on the bandwagon

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Clippers, Wolves

11. Apps

Apps Member

I don't know how the answer could be anything but the Lakers. They're the only team in the league that will have a substantial amount of fans cheering for them even when they're in Milwaukee. They have fans that have never even been to L.A.

They're the Yankees/Steelers/Canucks of the NBA.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clippers, Heat, Lakers, Thunder

Maybe the Knicks but probably not.

Maybe the Bulls too but they don't get much love or have many bandwagon jumpers here on CF. :p

Last year during their Finals run, the Mavs(Heat may have something to do with that though;))

Here on CF? Clippers, Heat, Thunder, T'Wolves

#12 J.R., Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I lived in SoCal (not too far from LA, would go to LA often) from '05-'09. In 2008, right before Bynum got hurt and the Lakers jumped out to a division lead (this was RIGHT BEFORE they got Pau), Laker fans started appearing out of nowhere (following a period in which there was little-no interest in basketball). You would see flags on cars, the entire city talking about the Lakers. "Lifelong Laker fans" appearing out of nowhere. From what I hear, it is exactly like that for the Clippers.

Honestly, this is why I feel LA does not have a football team. The majority of fans there are just fake and will only support a team when it is winning (and when it comes to the NFL, if a market is not generating revenue/support, they can easily find a market which will).

Sooo yeah, Lakers/Clippers/Heat.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

a toss up between lakers and miami.

clippers is getting there, but still not quite as those two.

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

You're right about the first part, but the Canucks? Are you serious?

The Vancouver Canucks have NEVER won a Stanley Cup. I don't care how crazy their fans are, or how high expectations they have of their team. They are not in the conversation of bandwagon.

You're better off saying Canadiens prior to the 90's, Red Wings since then, and Penguins when if they ever get Crosby healthy again.

16. HOUROCKETS713

HOUROCKETS713 Member

this is a rockets site why you guys keep making threads about other teams? one day the rockets will have the biggest bandwagon

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

This is the NBA Dish

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Miami. Sorry, I don't see people wearing Clippers or Bulls jerseys here in Houston.

19. Apps

Apps Member

Probably should've just stuck with the Wings to avoid this kind of argument. All I know is that Staples Center is always crawling with Canucks fans that come out of NOWHERE whenever Vancouver is in town, and I have a distaste for Canucks fans all over the world. Just reading some of their posts on the internet will show you that they are some pretty obnoxious people.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

This section is for threads about teams that aren't the rockets...