1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which NBA team do you think has the biggest bandwagon

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Feb 2, 2012.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What does this thread have to do with Jeremy Lin?

2. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'd say the heat, nationally but maybe the thunder too. The only difference is that for being a heat bandwagoner you'll get ***** for it but the thunder less do if even at all

3. munco

munco Member

Easily the Heat. I always see ppl at bars rooting for them and when I ask if they're from Miami or have any connection to the city they never do. Frontrunners.

4. LastBasket

LastBasket Member

Heat and spurs.

5. sw847

sw847 Member

yeah i would say the two LA teams

6. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

i honestly cant see anybody saying heat have more than bandwagon fans than the lakers. i just cant. really?

have you been to a heat game when they play the rockets at tc (2 seasons ago aka lebron's first season as a heat)? compare that to going to a game when the rockets play the lakers. there is your answer

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Around here, I'd say the Thunder.

As for the Lakers, they got a lot of love in other cities, but I don't know if I'd say that was all bandwagon love. Just because they don't represent a fan's birthplace or hometown doesn't mean he can't be a genuine fan. Even when the Lakers were mediocre, they have fans in all parts of the country. They might not be as loud as when the Lakers are winning, but they are all over.

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

I follow teams that have players I like. So, I was a Cleveland fan when they had Lebron. Now I pull for the heat. Not because I really want the heat to win because I'm a Miami heat fan, but just because I like to watch Lebron play and if the heat win, then he'll get to play more games.

I actually used to love Shawn Kemp play back in the day, but I was never really a sonics fan. If the sonics weren't playing the Rockets I pulled for them. Liked watching Kemp.

9. VanityHalfBlack

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Definitely the Thunder around here. I went to school near OKC and I would ask all of the "Thunder" fans who their coach was before Scott Brooks... All I got were a bunch of umm's, huh's, what's. And that would be 12-18 months into Brooks' tenure. I cannot stand the Thunder bc I was around all of their bandwagon fans for a few years. I hope the spurs destroy them.

11. pacertom

pacertom Member

^^ new forum feature, on-line truth serum!

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

if you've ever been to a rockets home game vs. the lakers (esp. regular season), you know.

13. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Isn't bandwagonning only liking the team when it wins? Laker fans (and Celtics fans) are about regardless of how the team's doing.

Nobody is a true fan of the Heat. They like Lebron, or Wade...for now...but not the team itself. Bandwagonners.

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

So, you are saying that a franchise that just moved to OKC had a lot of new fans in OKC a year after they moved?. Startling news, bro. Thanks for reporting on the ground of OKC back in 2009.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, and let's not forget that post Katrina they were all about being New Orleans Hornets fans then jumped bandwagons to being Thunder fans only a few years later.

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i've always felt like okc fans will always have two options. maybe when the thunder aren't doing so well, they can go back to being hornets fans.

#56 finalsbound, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  17. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

and maybe the thunder can go back to being the sonics.

(sorry...wrong thread).

18. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I'm just saying that the newly acquainted OKC fans didn't know who the coach was not too long ago. If you are going to follow a team, at least know a little about the history of the team regardless of how long the team has been in the area. And, it's not like they'd be new basketball fans, so you'd think that if they even remotely followed the NBA, they'd know who the coach was when the team got to OKC.

It'd be like a Rockets "fan" not knowing who JVG is (a little bit of an extreme example, but I think it still fits).

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

How can you be bandwagon fans, if that's pretty much the only professional sports team you can latch onto? It's not as if OKC has any other sport to cheer for.

Back to the topic at hand though: Heat when the big 3 was formed, Clippers this year.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Meh. If a new team was moving to my city, the only thing I would care about is the players on the team, currently.

The history of that team in that city has nothing to do with the fans in the new city.