1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's so great about Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Ryan Bowen with a jumper.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really like Parsons. I think that tonight was a good reflection of his offensive capability. He seemed nervous in the other games. His length and impressive athletic ability allow him to be an effective defender, rebounder and hustle guy. On the fast break tonight there was a time where he just accelerated through two guys with the ball. Very impressive. I have seen enough athletic potential over the last couple games to let him start at SF the rest of the season.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Please don't insult Parsons like that.

4. lean

lean Member

5. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

The vets like playing with him, D'd their asses up.

6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

6'9 shooting guard, plays D and has a jumper and can run the break and finish.
    High bball IQ. What is not to like about him. I thought he did a great Job on KD. I do like him much more than Bud.

7. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

As a gator fan who watched him develop over the years I believed in him...he led all sf in rebounds per and assists per...very excited that McHale is coach because RA never would've givin him a chance! By the way he avg more rebounds than our 1st pick Marcus Morris...
    Now parsons has 3 games this season that he led team in rebounds and one game he led team in points!

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

Something about Parsons reminds me of Carl Landry. That fiery mentality to take it to the other team, live or die.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

The first time I saw this guy on the court as a Rocket I remember saying to my self, "holy cow he crashes the boards like a man possessed".

Parsons would get minutes based on the defensive end of the court alone, and his jumpshot is freakin sweet.

10. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

People like Budinger, Parsons, Luther Head, theyll look nice as rookies, but these guys never really get better. They never take the next step. To a further degree same for Brooks and Landry, they become nice players but they arent going to put you over the top.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

For a second rounder, a nice player is pretty good.

12. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Nice players keep you mediocre, we either need to be great or be terrible. If you aint first your last.

Don't get me wrong I like having a decent piece out of the 2nd round but we need more to get excited about.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

He appears to have "it" that indefinable quality of court presence, desire, and skill. He could be something special. But remember, Bud was unreal in the summer league and has shown flashes of brilliance only to fade from time to time. You never know until a consistent pattern develops.

1 person likes this.
  14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I think Chandler is a great parson.

1 person likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good post.... I think Landry ran around blocks when he got shot makes him tougher

Chandler is right there because he can rebound and shoot

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

The difference between the players you mentioned is that Parsons plays defense, rebounds, and hustles, all these skills are transferable to any level of play. Parsons doesn't need to take the "next step". He's got all the tools needed for a winner ;)

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

rich man's version of Bowen.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

he is our Tebow

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2012/01/09/ZOOM0004MOV-1959694/index.html

can't find the embed option

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Brooks and Landry had obvious deficiencies as soon as they entered the league.

Brooks was a 6'0 PG who got abused on D, and Landry was an undersized PF who had suspect D and rebounding. However they looked great offense so noone really payed attention to their defense.

With Parsons we see the defense and rebounding first, and his offense has been the pleasant surprise. As of right now I can't see a deficiency about Parsons. His shooting so far has been excellent.

1 person likes this.
  20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I honestly think that we should only evaluate players based on a stretch of 5-7 games. If they consistently perform well, then I think you can depend on them to make big plays.

It's frustrating to see talent that breaks out, but never stays. Budinger exploded his rookie season, and did well last year, but has he been significant this year? I'm not so sure. I think the same can be said for Parsons.

PPat jumped out last year, as well, but is his impact still felt? I can't conclude after 9 games.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you can't be so sure about any of these players making a significant impact in the long run, because 1) it's too early and 2) it's a new system that may take a while to kick off

I really hope these players find their niche, and are able to be comfortable to play NBA basketball, because after today's showing, it's hard to be so sure about this team.