1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's so great about Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

So y'all r telling me in terms of talent skill set and potential and jus overall who would u rather have on ur team y'all are saying parsons>Morris o please Morris is the far better player jus bcuz parsons is doin good doesn't make him better than Morris

2. ThaShark316_28

That's my small forward. [​IMG]

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think Parsons is better right now. Potential and offensive skill set may be in Morris's favor, but that doesn't make him a better overall basketball player.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Now that is the funny

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Parsons just has IT.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good. But I also think Morris will need more time....and Chandler has impressed the coaching staff and us at CF.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I was talking about the TO reference lol all I'm saying is who would u take on ur team if u could only have one parsons is not better than Morris period

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm not denying the guy can ball and I'm glad he's a rocket in morey we trust for drafting him but I jus don't see him as our starting 3 for the FUTURE

9. durvasa

If Morris turns out to be better than the player I think Parsons will be, then I'll be thrilled. And everything I said is based only on what I've seen in preseason, in the regular games, and in D-League action -- which really isn't a whole lot to go on. So I could easily be wrong.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Why not? What has morris showed you that parsons hasn't? Effort?, rebounding? Defense? Shooting range? Driving to the basket? Tip slams :grin:? Parsons does all of that. Just because he was a second rounder and morris was a first doesn't automatically mean morris will be better. Sure morris has potential and to answer your question, if I would choose one I would pick parsons.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

depends on how you view the Dleague games

He had 2 nice games and 1 so so. and he didn't have the preparation in EuroLeague or European league that Parsons went through

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Kid has Manu written all over him. He is elite at taking it to the rim.

13. durvasa

OK. I think I'm going to shut up with the prognostications and just try to enjoy watching the young players develop. Honestly, I don't have much of a clue what's going to happen. :)

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have good insight but it's too early to say Morris is worse ....he brings other things to the table....maybe Morris is not the right fit on this team..... but we will not know...only after the trades and the personnel Morey will group together how his puzzle pieces fit.

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I'm curious as to see what yall think Morris has the potential to become. I feel like he's a poor man's Carmelo Anthony. Worse scoring of course and the same defensive intensity. Whether or not he turns out to be better than Parsons remains to be seen, but with the way Parsons is playing that would be a tall task, especially since..

Parsons is probably the better rebounder and defender, and he's hitting the 3 ball pretty well.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right now he is a Al Harrington with even worse decisions and D. but he'll get there.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's a smart player and his ability to play smart when going full throttle is what impresses me here. I also noticed that players were deferring to him late in the game. He looked like a leader out there.

I'm truly impressed at the player Parsons is.

I hope the Rockets are looking to trade Budinger. The dude has value, but not on this team anymore. Budinger is good, but Parsons is a more complete player.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

here's what Chad Ford had to say about Parsons during a summer workout with Paul George:

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good report....... We must ask How good will Paul George be?
    Then we can say he is as good or better than him.

20. HombreDeHierro

I think Paul George is going to be better than Granger