1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you agree to pay yao next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, Mar 10, 2011.

Tags:
?

What would you agree to pay yao next year?

1. 0 - GTFO he's done.. now - go win a championship with Miami or LA

11.7%
  2. 1 million a year

15.7%
  3. 2 -3 million a year

37.5%
  4. 4 - 6 million a year

25.8%
  5. 7-9 million a year

7.7%
  6. 10+ million a year

1.7%
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like yao is going to give it one more go.

I know some people are pissed and over it but I still think 2-3 million a year is worth it.. especially when you look at what players currently make 2-3 a year.

How much do you think Yao is worth?

For now I am assuming that he and everyone else will only go for one year contract.

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

He gives Rockets good marketing.. He won't sign for less than 7 million for sure...

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As an MLE guy, he would be a great risk reward investment, as long as he's a spare part and the team is built without him in the fold.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

depends on what doctors say. if they say he can't play more than 20 minutes or back to backs... well we heard that before and it didn't work well. if they say he's 100% its a different story.

if i had to sign him with that question mark i would say he's not even worth the MLE. i'd give him the LLE for 2 years with a player option after 1. if he can prove he can play a whole season again he can opt out and negotiate for a raise.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

3 yrs 9 million total with an option for a 4th at 3 million more.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Forget the money. I don't know if my nerves can take it with Yao again. I don't wanna be stressed out over Yao.

7. thejav

thejav Member

yeah that sound about right..really would like to see the big fella play again for us..get mandry back in the off season while ur at it..

8. supdudes

supdudes Member

prob gonna get him at around 6 mil...which is fine. If he's healthy, he's still a legit starting C.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

$0 if Yao can't prove he can come back and play. He may miss the whole year and this might be a career ending injury and you guys want to sign him to million dollar multi-year deals????

I would rather sign him like the Knicks did with Jonathan Bender. Let Yao bust his butt, prove he's ready and then sign him to a minimum 1 year deal.

10. thething

thething Contributing Member

Grant Hill signed a a contract worth 2 million per year with a player option for the 2nd year after playing 65 games his last season in Orlando.

I expect Yao to get a similar deal. But if Morey gets his way, it will be a team option, or simply a 1 year deal.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

we don't have enough medical information to properly assess Yao's worth/risk

12. arjun

arjun Member

i care more about the length of the contract than how much we pay him.....we can pay him whatever but if its a 1 yr deal its fine.

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Come oooooooon! No one is saying we owe him any large sum of money. I would say he'd be willing to enhance his reputation by playing for the minimum. He knows what he owes us. In honor dollars.

14. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

36 mil. / 4 years

team option last year

15. worzel gummidge

It'll be determined by the chinese sponsors. Rockets attendance isn't that much better than the T-Wolves. I'd guess they rely more on corporate sales and sponsorship than other franchises. The smart thing would be to offer a 1 year contract.

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Whatever Brad Miller got, he should get.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yao and the Rockets need to sign a two+ year deal that looks like the following.

2011: Whatever the Rockets think he's worth for the duration of the contract. Say $6 mil if that's the amount they have under the cap
    2012: Veteran minimum
    Year 3 and beyond: Veteran minimum.

The idea is that capspace is useless to the Rockets next year, but INCREDIBLY VALUABLE in 2012. So any contract cannot have Yao making more than minimum in 2012.

18. highlander3128

My heart says 2-3 millions, but my head says 1 million. ;)

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

troooooooooll

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

2-3 millions a year for 3 years.