1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you agree to pay yao next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, Mar 10, 2011.

Tags:
?

What would you agree to pay yao next year?

1. 0 - GTFO he's done.. now - go win a championship with Miami or LA

11.7%
  2. 1 million a year

15.7%
  3. 2 -3 million a year

37.5%
  4. 4 - 6 million a year

25.8%
  5. 7-9 million a year

7.7%
  6. 10+ million a year

1.7%
  1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The right answer isnt in the poll - Here's what I'd do if I were Morey knowing I'd be handcuffed by Les in this deal. Les isnt going to let his big ticket marketing item walk ....

Vet minimum deal heavily incentive based and no more than three years with a buyout option for the team after each season. Anything else is asking for trouble.

2. rocketsmetalspd

Sign the big fella for cheap and only play him sub. minutes. He should only be used as a backup. This will insure him not over doing it wanting to play starters minutes in his first season back from injury and if he does well then extend his minutes.

3. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

I hope Yao does make a comeback, but we should only sign him for the veteran's minimum for one year. Let's see how he does in limited minutes first.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We can't sign anyone else because we don't have their bird rights. We have an MLE coming this off season. Thats the most we can spend unless we have the player's bird rights. We have Yao's bird rights. The reason we were in the Melo discussion was we a couple of expirings in Jefferies and Battier. They are gone and we don't have them anymore. The closest thing we have to an expiring is Thabeets 5 mill contract.

5. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Then you trade for expirings. You don't overpay someone just to get an expiring. That's silly.

6. RocketMania1991

Can I pay him to stay away from the Rockets?

Sorry but the Yao/Mcgrady era needs to come to a complete halt. We need a new face of the franchise and need to put our injury rattled 1st round stuck team in the past.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

2 years 10 million is the max I'd offer him.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Trade what for expirings?

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Some Pop Rocks and a case of soda.

Seriously? What is this guy worth if he wont ever see the court again? He is almost worth less than a veterans minimum. He cannot get anywhere near the max from us in any situation. Nowhere near the mid level max either. He is injured project player now. Where is we get anything out of him? It would be considered a bonus. So maybe something of mid level worth at best.

10. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

You don't overpay someone just to get an expiring. That's silly. You need to stop being silly.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

umm nope can't do. that makes far too much sense to be right.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yaos agents have made copies of themselves everywhere on the grid, the internet, the matrix.

The oracle was right all along.
    [​IMG]

13. moreyball

moreyball Member

100...billion dollars

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

If we want to see some true "loyalty", he'll sign for the vet minimum with some incentives. Any team willing to pay him anymore than that is taking a huge gamble. He is likely done being the number one guy. He is now a sixth man at best.

That said, I really hope he does resign with Houston. But I would have no hard feelings if left for Miami, NY, Boston, or any other team on the heels of a championship not in Texas or the Lakers. He's arguably in the hall of fame already just because of what he was meant to the NBA not the mention how good he was when he actually played. A championship or two would certainly seal the deal, but unless something miraculous happens its not going to be a legit possibility in Houston for at least two-three years.

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I honestly think Yao is better off as the Rockets assistant coach.

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You have to assume Yao will have a season-ending injury sometime during the season. You don't pay someone with that handicap anything but the minimum. Of course if Les just wants to make money and not have the best chance to win a championship then he'll match whatever any other team will offer.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

$10 per minute.

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I agree with this...we overpaid for Miller, but nonetheless paying Yao less than Miller is disgraceful. If he doesn't play up to his contract, let him coach Thabeet.

19. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

IMHO, his sentences make more sense than yours English-wise. Unlike you, at least he has a verb in every complete sentence.

#79 RocketForever, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011