1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Team Has the Biggest Bandwagon Fans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 10, 2009.

?

What Team Has the Biggest Bandwagon Fans

1. New York Yankees

45 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. Los Angeles Lakers

69 vote(s)
    43.7%
  3. Dallas Cowboys

34 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. Pittsburgh Steelers

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. University of Southern California Football Team (USC)

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. Florida Gators Football Team

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I know it is a controversial subject around here but in talking about last night's Steelers-Broncos game, I mentioned how I felt that the Steelers are right up there with other franchises in having bandwagon fans. One person, I think it was FlyerFanatic, commented on how there seemed to be so many Steelers fans in Denver and that is what got me thinking about this.

At any rate, I want to hear who you think has the biggest bandwagon fans.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

yankees, cowboys, lakers

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

How do you define "bandwagon fan?"

4. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

I think the "big three" are Lakers/Yankees/Cowboys

5. justtxyank

LOL Manny I notice you didn't put the Red Sox on the list despite their fandom and merchandising more than doubling after 2004.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I was going to say U of H.

7. Manny Ramirez

Someone who acts like they know everything about the team but probably couldn't tell you one player on that team.

Sample imaginary conversation

Me: "So, you're a big Yankees fan?"
    Random Yankees fan: "Yea, that's right - they are my favorite team!"
    Me: "Jeter is a great player - you think he is going to be a first ballot HOFer?"
    Random Yankees fan: "Jeter? Who is that?"

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Lakers followed by Cowboys.

Yankees have alot of loyal fans.

9. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

My first thought was the Longhorns, but maybe I'm thinking t-shirt fans and not bandwagon.

10. Manny Ramirez

Well they have their share of bandwagon fans, I'll admit but you will notice that the teams I put up there are the ones that have won the most championships (for the most part) and/or just won them recently. I could have also included Notre Dame football, North Carolina basketball, Texas football, etc but decided to just concentrate on the ones in my poll.

11. justtxyank

Haha your Yankee hate blinds you!

Anyway, I think no matter who is on the list, the Lakers would win. Being in LA lends itself to bandwagon fans as everything out there is fake. It's all about appearances. Even fans in the team's home city are more bandwagon than anything.

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

lol

Thats my wife when it comes to the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Cowgirls. Shes learning them now that I make fun of her, but she still couldn't name 10 players of the Cowboys or the Cardinals starting lineup/rotation.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I know some people who are Steelers fans for other than geographical purposes, but most of the time it has been a since-childhood thing.

I wouldn't put them anywhere near the unholy trinity of Laker/Yankee/Cowboy.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I worked with a guy once who was a fan of the Steelers, Yankees and Lakers. Those were his freaking teams. The guy was from Cincinnati and had NO geographical ties to any of the aforementioned teams. I mean, come on. That's ridiculous. He wasn't even trying to hide it. I mean, if you really want to bandwagon it up but at least have the appearance of having some sort of geographical allegiance, then be a fan of Boston teams. They've got the Patriots, Red Sox and freaking Celtics and you are still sticking to one area.

16. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

When I saw the thread title, without seeing the options, I went with the Red Sox. To quote Kissing Suzie Kolber, NO ONE DENIES THIS!!!!

Steeler fans were everywhere yesterday. I work in downtown Denver and you couldn't go 5 feet without passing someone wearing black & gold. It was that way most of the weekend. That said, a large percentage of these guys were genuine fans and not bandwagon. As annoying as they were, they were loyal so I have to give them props.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Lakers, not even close. Remember all the stars coming to The Forum during the 80's? They all disappeared when the team sucked again. And now (surprise!) they're back. :rolleyes:

In my experience, Steeler fans are very loyal. They are all over the country and they represent whether the team is any good or not.

As much as I hate Cowboy fans, you have to admit that even when they suck, the fans are still pretty boisterous and proud. They are incredibly myopic, yes, but I wouldn't call them bandwagon.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Laker fans are the worst type of human being.

At the game last week I kept yelling at those ****ing Kobe Jerseys they weren't wearing Nick Van Exel in the mid 90s, they were wearing Jordan's 23.

The worst thing is how arrogant and brash they are.

Had a run-in walking out of the game where a Laker fan told me he was going to run me over with his SUV for wearing a Rockets jersey. Then he started calling me a "f****t" and every other name in the book.

Took a lot of willpower for me to not beat the **** out of him.

God I hate Laker Fans so ****ing much.

19. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

An individual cocky ***hole is bad enough, but surrogate arrogance derived from being the "fan" of a team is inexcusable.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think there are simply a lot of Pittsburgh transplants around the country. I've never viewed their fans as "bandwagon".

Lakers/cowboys/Yankees are by far the leaders in bandwagon fans.