1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Team Has the Biggest Bandwagon Fans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 10, 2009.

?

What Team Has the Biggest Bandwagon Fans

1. New York Yankees

45 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. Los Angeles Lakers

69 vote(s)
    43.7%
  3. Dallas Cowboys

34 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. Pittsburgh Steelers

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. University of Southern California Football Team (USC)

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. Florida Gators Football Team

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I wouldn't call Yankee fans bandwagon fans. Do they expected championships EVERY YEAR? YES. Are they pissed at anything less than a championship? YES. Does that make them bandwagon fans? NO.

Laker fans on the other hand...

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Its the Lakers, hands down.

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I'd say the Yankees. I am so f'in tired of all those damned multi-colored NY hats. Ugh!!

4. surrender

surrender Member

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Ha. Everyone I know at UH still could care less about the Cougars.

It's between the Yankees and Lakers.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lakers no question

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think ts between the Yankees and the Lakers.

but like some people has said, the bulls with jordan, had the most bandwagon fans.

the steelers maybe has more than before, because they won the last superbowl, and some people just root for the previous champion, if that team is popular.

for me a bandwagon fan, is that you root for them while they are winning, but in the bad times, you switch to other team that is winning at the moment.

and kate hudson only went to the world series because she is dating a-rod, so she went to support him, not like a true fan

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I just find it hard to believe that people would bandwagon behind the steelers, we're an offense first culture.

Now you could say the steelers are an a balanced team, but most casual fans would equate steelers to defense. That's why its cowboys before ravens, lakers over spurs.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Call me biased all you want, anybody that votes for the Steelers doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Pick a major city around the US and i'll find you a Steelers bar inside it. How many other sports teams can you say that about? It's only natural for some people to start following a team once they win a championship or two. Hell, that's the reason I started following the Rockets whenever I was in fricken 4th grade.

P.S. I don't care how long Sumo Jack has been a Lakers and Yankees fan. I detest both teams so whenever I see that tub of lard MF'ing referees and what not it makes my blood boil. The only thing missing is him showing up at Notre Dame football and Dallas Cowboy games to make him a complete scumbag as a sports fan. How long before he starts liking UNC hoops? Over/under, anyone?

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I voted cowboys, but my answer is red sox. (hilarious omission by the OP.)

other options I'd include: Texas, ND, and where oh where have all the Nebraska and Miami fans gone?

I went down to Houston in 05 when the steelers were in town. There were steeler fans EVERYWHERE. As we were leaving the game after crushing the texans some yokel made a joke about all the black and gold, saying the bandwagon was filling up back there (pointed to the street by the stadium)

This was before they won the first of their 2 latest super bowls and were already getting 'bandwagon fan' slurs.

my steeler fandom defense:

parents were from towns around pittsburgh, i grew up in oklahoma... if the steelers were playing, the tv was on and my dad was watching. who else would I cheer for?

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Same way. Entire fam is from Pittsburgh, I've been a Steelers fan longer than a Rockets fan or Texans fan... And I've been cheering for the Rockets since elementary school.

I think you forgot the Cubs too. They may not have as many bandwagon fans as the Yankees, but boy do they have alot.