1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Team Has the Biggest Bandwagon Fans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 10, 2009.

?

What Team Has the Biggest Bandwagon Fans

1. New York Yankees

45 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. Los Angeles Lakers

69 vote(s)
    43.7%
  3. Dallas Cowboys

34 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. Pittsburgh Steelers

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. University of Southern California Football Team (USC)

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. Florida Gators Football Team

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I voted Cowboys, but meant Lakers.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Totally agree, as a matter of fact they are up with the best fans of any team on any level imo. manny's waaaayyy off on this one

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Me too. Lakers followed by Cowgirls.

I really don't think there are that many bandwagoning Yankee fans. They just have alot of loyal fans. But of course all winners have their share of bandwagoners.

I like the Yankees, but don't think I'm a bandwagoner. Though I did buy a Yankee hat after they won. :cool:

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

cowboy fans aren't banwagon fans either, at least the one's hear in tx. I know they can be obnoxious and arrogant, but they aren't bandwagon. they pretty much think the cowboys are gonna compete for the superbowl every freakin year

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Eh, probably so but wouldn't be the first nor the last. ;)

I had to include the Steelers in there to justify this thread. :p

And for the record, I voted for the Lakers. I think it will really be between them and the Cowboys although I think a lot of that has to do with the fact I am asking a bunch of people who live in TX. Geography has a lot to do it but what Raven posted is a good example of it.

And I have heard bandwagon fan levelled at me during my life; however, when I picked the teams I like (and still do to this day), the only one that had won anything was the Miami Hurricanes football team, so to a degree I started out as a bandwagon Miami fan but then again I was in the 4th or 5th grade, so cut me some slack, lol. The Red Sox, Rockets, and Broncos had not won a championship in my lifetime when I started pulling for them in '85.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

****ing Bandwagoner.

7. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Winners attract bandwagons fans, but the holy trinity of bandwagon teams are the Lakers, Yankees, and Cowboys. I'd probably give the edge to the Lakers.

I know the Gators are winning, but they don't belong on this list. They probably have more haters than bandwagon fans at this point because of how the media treats Tebow.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You're probably right but you have to remember I live in TN and I see an awfully lot of Florida license plates and bumper stickers, etc around. Of course, a lot of that has to do with the fact that they have beaten the University of Tennessee in football so many years in a row, but still I can't help but wonder if these people know who Galen Hall is or Kerwin Bell or even that Emmitt Smith went there. :eek:

10. tinman

Supporting Member

and Vernon Maxwell

11. R0ckets03

LOL! No offense, but I hope that is sarcasm?

12. R0ckets03

hehe...in my defense I became a casual fan during the late 90's and early part of this decade when they were winning. i have always been intrigued by the history of the yankees and this group of yankees as well as the last dynasty never had any a-holes on them ala Lakers (Kobe) and Cowboys (Irwin).

i actually can't stand regular season baseball. post season, i'll watch a little bit here and there...especially yankee games.

is one still a bandwagoner if they admit they are not really a hardcore fan, but just a casual one?

13. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

They probably just feel safe enough to pull out their Gator gear in enemy territory for now because of the win streak. You can't really blame them though because nobody likes to hear trash talk from fat hillbillies. I'm just surprised you would put them (and USC) over teams like Notre Dame football or Duke/UNC basketball. Now that I think of it, one of the worst college football bandwagon teams were the Miami Hurricanes. Do you remember how many hats and starter jackets were popping up in all corners of the U.S. when they were winning?

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no its not, what's a bandwagoner fan? a fan who is a fan during the good times. most cowboy fans I know have always been cowboys and obnoxious about their fandom.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes dude, you're pretty much a bandwagoner verbatim.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Lakers and Yankees are by far the best examples, but you know what was the best example of bandwangon fans? what happened to all the bulls fans after Jordan retired?

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes, there is no greater bandwagon jump than the great migration from Jordan to Kobe jerseys.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I would say this defines bandwagon vs. Manny's description. I'm sure you know more about the team than just declaring your loyalty...

Bandwagon fans know their sports, they just cling on to who's winning. sometimes you get a surprise team that people like to latch onto this year.

this is coming from someone who admittedly jumped on the Yankee bandwagon from 99-01 and came to my senses and got off that thing in time for the '04 collapse.

at the same time, people shouldn't have to justify their fandom or tell their life story to give a reason why they like the Steelers or any other team for that matter. The Steelers have a loyal following around the country, there are Steeler themed sports bars lining the East Coast...

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Great example pga!

When I was in DC awhile back when Jordan was playing, this one dude kept telling me why he hates Sam Cassell and the Rockets (this dude was an Aggie too). He specifically hates Cassell. Says he was a Bulls fan and Jordan fan.

So when I asked him a simple question like who' was Jordan's first coach? or name me the others starters on the team, he couldn't answer.

The perfect example of a 'bull' Bulls fan.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My definition of a bandwagon fan is a person that roots/supports a team but can't defend said team during the dark times.

This is true when the Yankees were sucking a few years back. This is especially true with the Cowboys the past few years. They were ready to suck Romo up but when Romo started to f--- up, they act like they didn't know who he was.