1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We ain't got enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They lack enough faith

Rocket River

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

***crickets*** but that shouldn't be a surprise

TEXNIFICENT, Reeko, Blurr#7 and 3 others like this.
  3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Really, still don’t see why he get attention. He’s a straight up b****. Trying to go into Xs and Os but don’t know a damn thing about the game.

#143 Blurr#7, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    houston19519 and D-rock like this.
  4. basketballholic

It's one game. A win. Let me enjoy it please before I have to explain to you what is happening and going to happen to us. I'll analyze for you tomorrow. K? This doesn't change anything. But I don't want to go there tonight. I want to go to bed and dream about beating these guys in game 7 with Capela nailing a three-ball from the corner, falling out of bounds on a desperation shot to win it.

K?

I'm not going nowhere.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Eagerly awaiting for the next Rockets loss

lw17, ElDobleK, sammy and 1 other person like this.
  6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The Rockets still havent played there best game

lw17 and D-rock like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Aka waiting for the next loss. We know

lw17, Blurr#7, TEXNIFICENT and 4 others like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are such a b****aholic.

lw17, Blurr#7, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  9. basketballholic

FIFY

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Translation: Well f#@k. I sure didn't see this coming. Now I have to pretend I'm actually happy the Warriors lost, when in fact a sweep would have let me preen around ClutchFans like a peacock for an entire off-season. F#@k, f#@k, f#@k. (Followed by the usual swipe at Capela and topped off with a typically condescending closing).

marky :), lw17, ElDobleK and 5 others like this.
  11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What a miserable fan. Embarrassing

lw17, ElDobleK, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It's hard to respect these posts you make that you are so sure of and then everything falls apart and you just wait around until something goes wrong to come back and make the same broken point months or a year later. You make a lot of good points at times but these obsessions derail many of your positions. Did you actually watch the game? What the Rockets did to the Warriors tonight can be repeated and that was why they were so frustrated at the end of the game. They know the Rockets can beat them. That doesn't mean the Rockets will (the Rockets can show up like Game 1) but this is not the Pelicans and they are not going back home thinking the series is over. Brothers and Foster was a horrible Game 1 draw and the Rockets as usual played right into their hands and let it affect them. I guarantee you from this point forward the Rockets are not getting swept so this series is going to be a problem for the Warriors. If the Rockets had won Game 1 I would tell you the series is over but as of right now the Rockets still have a good chance. The Warriors are definitely the favorites until the Rockets prove they can repeat this. All of the series have been the same so far. The Rockets get serious after they lose. Please do not come back with the stale argument that the Rockets got lucky with a good shooting night or the Warriors will be at home. I can go to TNT or ESPN for that failed analysis. Just like the Rockets changed their offense yet Second Spectrum proves otherwise.

ElDobleK and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  13. Zergling

Zergling Member

The only thing holic has been right about is Capela. We have our own death lineup and it's putting Tucker at center and replacing Capela with Gordon. Tucker at center is the perfect answer to the Warriors death lineup.

We are absolutely good enough to beat them this year. If we don't though, giving Capela a maximum contract does not help us beat the Warriors. He's just not a good fit against them and we need all players to be able to shoot from all parts of the floor. Capela only took 3 shots today and went 1-5 from the FT line. Why would we give a max contract to a player who can't even be part of our death lineup? Clint just isn't a Moreyball type of player, and he sure as hell won't be a cost efficient one starting next year.

BigShasta and mike2k132 like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Worst post of the new year, and that's saying something in a holic thread.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Sorry you can't handle the truth apparently. You saw how Capela played tonight. He's never been a good matchup against them and clearly we can find centers for cheap that matchup better against them.

basketballholic likes this.
  16. PeppermintCandy

This should go without saying, but Capela has been huge for the Rockets this regular season and throughout the playoffs until now.
    Even if he (and Nene) takes a smaller role in this series for matchup reasons, he's been a big part of this team's success and will be going forward.

ElDobleK likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And they don’t know history

lw17 and Rocket River like this.
  18. basketballholic

What I said was,

There's nothing about a sweep here. Doesn't matter whether it's a sweep or a 7-game series loss. There's no trophy for losing in 7 games.

Here's the truth.

Out best player is Harden.
    Second best player is Paul.
    Third best player is one of Gordon, Ariza or Tucker.
    Fourth and fifth best players the same.
    Capela is, at best, our sixth best player.

I'll take Harden, Paul, Gordon, Ariza, Tucker against Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Livingston, and one of either Durant or Green. That's pretty much a toss-up.

But then you've still got one more player unaccounted for. And that is Capela against one of Durant or Green. It's not going to work. Because of the limitations of Capela's game he doesn't match up.

Great game for us last night. But not for Clint. He was very pedestrian. We could have gotten ten rebounds out of a host of bigs when they're the only big on the floor. That's not hate. That's just that facts.

What did happen last night was Harden held the ball much less often. That felt like a turning point to me. It felt like he finally embraced the team concept fully. The ball moved, found open shooters, and we walked away with a huge win. Love it. Love it. Love it.

And I'm hoping for it to continue. But the Warriors defense is going to adjust......again. This is a series of games. They're going to adjust until they corner us in the paint. They'll stay at home on the shooters next game since now the ball is moving and they'll exploit our soft defensive interior some more. They may throw Young out there with the starters instead of Iggy to spread us out a little bit more to get going. And that will ratchet up the pressure on Capela some more. Until we reach the breaking point and the dam bursts against us.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Warriors had a bad game, after having a great game? Plus they got 2 at home coming up, i love how all these homers think the series is gonna be easy now for the rockets get real guys.

basketballholic likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who is saying the series is gonna be easy now?? Not 1 person has said that. You’re the same dude who made this terrible thread after game 1...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/blow-it-up.290692/page-2#post-11755771

fall back, we already know you’re not down to ride with the team and have no faith

lw17, BigShasta and topfive like this.