1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blow It up!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, May 15, 2018.

?

If houston gets swept this series?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Don't Care

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Sign Aaron Gordon, Trade Ryan Anderson

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

:eek:

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Also Chris Paul is coming down from his peak, i highly would think this over before resigning him to a 5 year max contract when his value and production will be plummeting in 1-2 years. Your talking about 13.1 5 assist per game kinda production, where harden will once again be force to Hero ball every game to win.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m all for making trades to ship some of you fair weather fans out of here. How about we trade you to one of either the Magic or Hawks boards? Maybe then you’d appreciate being a Rockets fan and this board more than you act like.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Such a terrible place to be. One of the final four teams? Just awful. Morey is a horrible GM @Os Trigonum.

Nook, Stormy1234 and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

What if you have a harden injury next season and play the GSW in the 1st round ? Not even guaranteed this year after year anyways.

6. fattz

fattz Member

No as much as his overall skill set. Place a player is the right situation and that player plays better and the team soon finds success. Harden & Capela are both example

7. riko

riko Member

Paul is still averaging 23 points and 8 on insane efficiency in the playoffs which is elite status numbers. Paul is the second best player on the league leading 65 team facing possibly the most talented starting lineup ever assembled in history of the game.

Even if we lose this series Paul has hardly been from a failure and honestly I see him still being a top 3 point for the foreseeable future.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Bruh, that would be amazing.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't got time to play the what-if game scenarios.

I mean, what if Stephen Curry shatters his ankle and suffers a career ending injury? Or Kevin Durant tears his ACL/MCL/PCL/LCL? Or Donkey blows out his knee trying to kick/injure someone?

[​IMG]

#29 J.R., May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

What if the Rockets win the title this year?

What if the Rockets add someone like George or LeBron or another high level player this off season?

What is Durant or Green have a serious injury?

What if Harden continues to get better?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. photojoe

photojoe Member

You're right!

....they are at least a tier below us

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

Seriously. We are so close to being title favorites.

If Curry's MCL injury had been a torn ACL instead- we would be title favorites. Right now.

The series is too freaking far from over. It's been one game.
    I know it sucks that GSW is an all time great team. Any other time period we would probably be the favorites to win the title. We are that good. But even with GSW, we are too close to blow it up. To even think about it

Nook and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Time to rebuild trade harden, trade paul!.

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Struggling mightily against the halpless lottery bound ponies . :confused::(
    How can we give up 70 points in two quarters

I have seen enough that we are still giddy from winning 65 games and one game from reaching the finals.

We have no heart and weakest bench in nba (mchriss,green,mcw,hartstentein, letting someone from the dleague (house) jack up so much shot.
    Its time to tank for Zion Williamson

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lmao, when this title "window" closes, we're gonna be ****ed. Probably looking at least 5 year long rebuild if we don't trade our assets now.

Morey won't get lucky again with another Harden type trade.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

If I was the owner I would be totally fine with tanking and getting Zion (aka pulling a David Robinson).

How does Morey/D'Antoni explain this to Tilman?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Good thing we didn’t trade that first round pick

18. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The way this roster is constructed, it is not one that can be fixed. There is so much salary tied to the top three players. Any trade it is only going to be a Band-aid fix to get knocked out of the first or second round.

Daryl Morey is too good to not rebuild this team on the fly via in 2-3 seasons (just in time for the warriors to stop dominating) via draft and free agency if he liquidators every player on the roster with substantial value. I am sure he would build it in a way with great roster flexibility and a bright future with many picks to continue to get better via trade and draft.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

As much i was upset last series Rockets played hard, and really were the champs. But thing is they didnt win it, is it in there mind they can not beat the warriors, so they have just decided to tank the year? That i do not know., and even the bad start now. You seem like you think this roster could compete, and with the way they are playing its just not working. Rockets are gonna have to find themselves, but you know if they tank this season, and just play .500 ball and dont make the playoffs, you better bet morey will have that button rockin this summer on a paul trade. lol

20. MD_in_Training

Not sure he will have a taker. CP3's trade value is literally tanking by the day.