1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We ain't got enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 4, 2018.

1. threepointshot3

This guy is to clint to what lin fans do with harden. Wait till he has a bad or average game and then they pour here to troll

D-rock likes this.
  2. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Salute

Beardaholic13 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

We do have enough we just have to play much smarter to beat a team as great as GS.

-Klay can not have open threes. He is not a perpetrator or a passer thats what we should force him to do. And someone has to find him in the transition.

-I thought for the most part Clint was outstanding. some defensive lapses like not protecting the rim when guarding Draymond, btu that should be fixed with some game film. He should play 30+ min, so use your TOs accordingly to keep him fresh.

-MDA i thought was thoroughly outcoached. He has to be better with rotations and in game adjustments. NO to NeNe, this isnt the series for him. More Ryno to give paul and harden more space and another option. But tell Ryno to let it fly FFS.

-JJ IMO would be more useful in this series than GG just because of the extreme difference in basketball IQ,but i wouldnt play either. go with a 7 man rotation including EG and Luc. If luc isnt healthy enough or confident enough to start put JJ in there.

- I love the harden vs steph matchup for us, but i also love making steph work through P&Rs when hes guarding CP. Make them think more on defense. The ISO is a great weapon for us but its also makes everybody elses job on defense too easy.

Series aint over yet play with confidence and play 48 min. Lapses will happen try to limit them and overcome them
    RunAsOne

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a question for y'all who think we don't have enough, or are going to get swept... Are you even going to bother watching the rest of the games?

D-rock likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No team in the NBA current or past has enough to beat this Warriors team

J Sizzle and 1Deep like this.
  6. basketballholic

So we're down 0-2 and playing on the road against the best team ever.......what do you do......coach?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

he didn't even play poorly. theres a list full of guys to look at before even glancing. the hater from day 1 and the post history confirms it clearly

marky :) likes this.
  8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I don't understand why if you recognize this as a longtime basketball fan you are accused of being a "doubter or "fake fan". In my opinion if we beat this team it should go down as one of the biggest upsets in NBA history. I love the Rockets but this team with KD is almost like playing an all-star team.

9. basketballholic

LOL.....

Come on durvasa. You really don't see it?

Look, that video prices my point. Non-factor. Guys driving, he doesn't step up. Gets beat on the defensive glass. Can't hang in transition. I mean. Green rebounds and goes the length of the floor with the dribble bro. I don't know what to say to you. Run that video out to 12 feet and pick up some more action.

I'm not going to sit here and describe each of those plays to you. You shots be able to see NON-FACTOR. He simply isn't a difference-making defender at this level of play. He's not strong enough, not fast enough, not long enough, and not quick enough to be a difference maker on the defensive end against these guys. You can put him out there against teams that are offensively challenged and he's fine, just as fine as one of the Plumlees, Biyombo, or any other mundane centers.

But against the top of the league is where it shows. We have no pick-and-roll we can run so with a guy that is limited offensively to bring a garbage man against the Warriors, he'd better be getting a bunch of stick backs and he'd better be controlling the defensive glass and the defensive paint. He's a non-factor. We could have gotten the exact same performance from Mason Plumlee last game as we got from him.

And this is allegedly our third star??????

Nope, nope, nope, nope.

If you can't help us against the Warriors, if you are a net negative against them....and he is a huge net negative against them....and will continue to be a huge net negative against them....then you can't be our third star. Oh you may be worth $5 million a season as a great backup big. You may be worth $25 million per season if you dominate the defensive paint the way Draymond does. You may be worth $20 million per season if you dominate the paint and boards like DeAndre or Gobert and alter a ton of shots. You might be worth $10 million per season if you're playing alongside a 7+ foot 4 man who is a defensive dynamo and can help you cover the paint by taking the primary paint patrol and letting you roam around the perimeter tagging shooters and helping off on drivers with your length.

But as the defensive anchor by himself with no other size and length around him.........he's a non-factor defensively.

And those plays you just posted show it durvasa. Give.me.a.break.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Why try to hide the actual topic of this thread in the title?

Just go ahead and change it to "Can't Beat GSW with Capela" so no one gets baited into "Capela is the reason we're losing and yall are wrong and i'm always right no matter what the facts are. Also try to watch the games" when they're actually trying to make reasonable points against an unreasonable poster.

HakeemOnlyFan, D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Do you not see it?

It was a transition play. You specifically talked about his lack of rim protection in the half court.

Ignoring that basic fact, the only problem Clint showed in the video was his “respect” for draymond and so he was guarding him too far out.

None the less, the defense hadn’t even gotten set yet. That was James being beat off the dribble 1on1. Gordon was the one out there being lost and causing confusion.

This is beyond cherry picking because it is an absolute misrepresentation of your argument for starters, but nothing in the video shows any substance in backing your claims of bad defense.

Durvasa has asked for video evidence of plays and you just redirected constantly and ignored his requests. You finally counter with a transition play where only about 3-4 players actually recognize and make the rotation early enough and have the athleticism to deter that specific shot.

Durvasa, did you a favor and linked you to the page with capela defending the rim and you just ignore it and go on another long tangent.

Get a grip chief

D-rock and noppeper like this.
  12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

OK, we're playing Goliath. To win, we would have to ascend to a level of excellence we've rarely shown in these playoffs, and sustain it for four of the next six games.

I'll take it. Pass the popcorn.

kubli9 likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No. But we will meet them nonetheless.

[​IMG]

TheresTheDagger and ReignSupreme like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously. I don't get why Trumpholic can't just be honest and make threads labeled "My latest Capela take" instead of these passive aggressive threads where he tries to lead into a "the real problem is Capela" take.

HakeemOnlyFan, D-rock and ElDobleK like this.
  15. basketballholic

He's a zero in pick-and-roll, reduced to a garbage man cluttering the lane, and impeding our spacing.

He's a zero in transition. Cannot get back. (One of the reasons they had 18 fast break points despite the chase down block.)

He's a non-factor in set defense. Won't present in the lane to challenge consistently....because his processor isn't fast enough.

He's a non-factor against the Warriors.

If he cannot shut down the paint for us in the half-court then he's a non-factor. Because he's a negative to both the offense and transition defense.

You should see it.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He was -3, basically the best on the team.

The Rockets had only 1 stretch of 2:40 in the game at the end of the third where Clint was out and they had a positive +/-

D-rock likes this.
  18. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

How bout we all stop crying and believe. It's f*****g game 2 tonight.

[​IMG]

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

A few more made free throws, a few more minutes of non-bogus foul trouble D from Ariza, less Harden injury, a little better D all around, a couple of made Luc shots and we are there.

I still expect a long series and I expect it to be 2-2 after 4.

And Durant can’t keep meeting shady characters at the Crossroads. He doesn’t have that much soul left to continue making those deals.

HakeemOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

posts a vid to support his hater agenda off a curry layup thats not even on Capela, but when members point out his block on curry when he covered him from 1 end of the court to the other, apprently it doesn't apply.

ill just post it to make sure people appreciate an actual big doing this. theres no help here from anyone. this is caepla doing this on his own. what people who actually understand what defense really is. not some 50 year old wannabe coach who thinks he knows what hes talking about

oh curry's attempt to iso capela out on the perimeter and he ends up getting stripped for a TO doesn't apply either. go figure

#140 YOLO, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018