1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Portland vs. (6)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(3)Portland vs. (6)Oklahoma City

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Blazers in 4

1.4%
  2. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blazers in 6

12.9%
  4. Blazers in 7

15.7%
  5. Thunder in 7

12.9%
  6. Thunder in 6

44.3%
  7. Thunder in 5

10.0%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.9%
  1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I remember a game last season in which the Thunder beat the 76ers and Westbrick was beyond obnoxious with waving "bye bye" to Embiid. What Embiid said to the media in response to that was classic...something to the effect of "Well if I got to shoot the ball 45 times or so a game, I would be able to win, too."

Mr. Space City and vlaurelio like this.
  2. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

So, you guys know I'm a Blazers fan. What Dame just did is the stuff of legends, like that other shot that I won't mention here, because I'm not a dick and I know my audience.

Obviously the Blazers and Dame have struggled in the playoffs recently, and if anything this is a great redemption story. It shows a team and players learning from past failures and that is fantastic.

My only gripe though, is the need for some of you to tear a player down to lift another one up in regards to Lillard or Harden. Both have had their own playoff struggles and both have had triumphs. This looks to be the season where Harden also beasts in the playoffs, shedding any doubts people had about his postseason success. Harden is top 3 player in the league. I don't feel like ranking right now, but he is clearly up there with anybody and should win back to back MVPs. Dame has also had a great season and I has solidified himself as a top 10 player in the league, in my opinion. I don't need to tear either of theb down to make the other look better. I just enjoy basketball, and right now, I'm seeing 2 great players doing their thing in their prime. Let's enjoy it while we have it.

3. Manny Ramirez

Of course, I didn't see the game as I was so disgusted with the Thunder's performance in Game 4. However, when I went to bed, I knew that the Thunder were winning and had a little bit of hope that the series would continue. But instead, I get up and all I hear on ESPN's Get Up is Mike Greenberg slobbering on Lillard's nuts along with Chiney whatever her name is. It was beyond hilarious to see Jalen Rose school Greenberg on the fact that anyone who knows basketball knows that Lillard is an elite player. It is only clueless media types like Greenberg and the idiot who wrote the article on CBS that are making this out to be such a big deal.

And I hate to agree with Paul George, but he is right that Lillard took a ridiculous and bad shot. However, you are 1 loss away from going home, you have to get up on him even if you think he has no chance of making that shot. And PG saying that with Westbrick sitting next to him did make for some delicious comedic gold.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Never forget

Vivi and Manny Ramirez like this.
  5. rockets13champs

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

bad shot for many other players. pg 13 is just pure salty. Lillard literally hit that same exact shot in his face to begin the 2nd half. all net

good shot for lillard whose been taking and making that all series long.

8/12 the entire series from 30+ feet. Dame is more than comfortable out there

#966 YOLO, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Two things.

1) I can't believe how scared some Rockets fans were of this Thunder team

2) Paul George is 100% right that shot was bad and you let anybody in the NBA take that 100 times out of 100. Curry and Lillard are not exempted.

Rocket River and hakeem94 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

it may be an issue but I personally don't think a new coach fixes the issues plaguing their roster.

9. Asian Sensation

Nice post. As a Rockets and Harden fan sometimes the homerism and double standard on this site is real. I see our own fans trashing or bringing down other star players (LeBron, Curry, Durant, WB, Dame, etc) on a daily basis to try and make Harden look better.

Of course this is a rockets board but then those same fans say said superstars on other teams don’t get any hate from the rest of the league/other fans and play the victim card when it comes to Harden saying he is the only superstar that’s hated around the league. False. Nobody gets more hate than Bron overall and there are plenty of Curry haters outside of Clutchfans.

BeBreezy likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny thing is lillard hit that same deep shot to begin the 2nd half right on pg13 with no contest.

if you don't respect it, you get burned which is exactly what okc was getting all series long. and off to cancun they go. bye bye

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Totally man. My post was also aimed at that dude here who was constantly tearing down Harden to elevate Dame in this thread. It's not necessary. Enjoy watching the greatness that we have.

Now Westbrook....... I'll hate on him 7 days a week. Hahahaa

Vivi, BeBreezy, naldodiaz and 3 others like this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought this guy went vegan and cut out fried food?

13. Mr. Space City

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

The game winner against the Rockets years ago was arguably better.

Just sayin'

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree. this one had to feel just amazing for him and portland. all the backlash they've gotten for being 1st round exits. w/o their starting big man. definitely all the trash talk okc was giving them.

I definitely rank this one higher than his rockets ones. he didn't need a play ran or any screens/picks. just give him the ball and move the hell out of the way

16. Manny Ramirez

No it wasn't as it was against Chandler Freaking Parsons and wasn't 30 feet away. The shot from last night was way more impressive due to distance, difficulty, and who was guarding (or lack of guarding) him.

Voltik and YOLO like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I never used to like Lillard, but he’s become mine (and most I would imagine) top non-rockets player. There’s just something admirable in putting your nose down and letting your play do the talking. The thunder and wb talked a a lot of ****. It’s also one of the reasons I dislike them/him so much.

Yesterday was a joy to watch. But it seems like from the post game The brick and playofff P don’t seem the least bit humbled

19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

That's what the team should focus on lol.

BeBreezy likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

“Russell Westbrook invited a few people to his home for dinner on Monday night to watch Game 4 of the first-round series between the Utah Jazz and Houston Rockets.

For several minutes, the Oklahoma City Thunder’s star guard sat quietly on his sofa, chowing down on fried catfish, red beans and rice, and broccoli. And then suddenly, he spoke: “I’m getting a triple-double tomorrow.”

#980 LosPollosHermanos, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019