1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Portland vs. (6)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(3)Portland vs. (6)Oklahoma City

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Blazers in 4

1.4%
  2. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blazers in 6

12.9%
  4. Blazers in 7

15.7%
  5. Thunder in 7

12.9%
  6. Thunder in 6

44.3%
  7. Thunder in 5

10.0%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.9%
  1. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

That's the beauty of basketball man. Lots of the greatest shots in basketball history are not considered as "good shots" at all, this one is no exception. But he took it and made it it's one of the greatest shots in playoff history.

vlaurelio and RocketRed4life like this.
  2. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Didn't realize this but the first shot of the series was also a 30+ ft shot from Dame. Killer.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Paul George is so full of ****. Dame has always been comfortable taking long bombs. He was way too far from him and he got burned. He should of been humbled and accept that he forgot who he was guarding and he just played bad D.

macho GRANDE and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm more surprised by his postgame reaction. WB is rubbing off on him big time. Instead of looking all sour and being a sore loser, just acknowledge Dame made a huge play and move on. Instead of being all salty about a shot he hit yet again on you in the same exact game. That you clearly still do not respect. But I guess all that trash they were talking isn't allowing them to do that.

#985 YOLO, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    macho GRANDE, vlaurelio, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

What ????????

It was a great shot but this same guy got swept last year by the pelicans and correct if I am wrong but has dame ever reached the wcf !!!

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Precisely why I said arguably.

From the perspectives you guys alluded to, sure. Defender was weaker, shot was perhaps technically easier.

But, last night's game is not all or nothing. Game was tied; Portland was not trailing. Series was not on the line, they were up 3-1. So the 1st round exit mentality thingy is debatable.

I also don't necessarily agree that the shot is more difficult. Lillard is known to excel this type of shots. He is perhaps as good executing super deep 3s as Curry; in this series he's gone 5 out of 5 (!) on such 3s. Step-back 3s for Harden is not step-back 3s for other guys; the same applies to Lillard. It's his thing.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

nvm the fact that they were down 15 with 3-4 mins left. but hey a 37 fter. to win isn't that impressive I guess

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

They tried to give Westbrick a pass on the jump. Amin wasn't having that.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Over the last 3 years Lillard has shot 30% from 30-34 feet.

And I'm being generous here because counting 35+ (his shot was 37) it drops to 13%.

Stop acting like Lillard is some automagical assassin who can throw it through a doughnut from center court at will.

That shot was dumb and I really hope he keeps doing that if the Rockets play the Blazers.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

so what. hes obviously comfortable taking that shot. there's nothing terrible or dumb about a shot you obviously work on or feel comfortable taking. just stop it. something hes done all series long and all year long all of a sudden becomes a dumb shot. give me a break. There's no acting going on because he actually did it the entire series. There's nothing fake about that. just because you didn't follow this isn't anyone else's problem. that wasn't some 1st time hoist for lillard. he even made the same shot to start the 2nd half. but yeah shot was dumb apparently

harden's shot against GS that beat them was a terrible shot as well. much more worse than this one. are you holding the same logic or because it went in, it was great.

#992 YOLO, Apr 24, 2019
  13. Mr. Space City

Most of kobe’s game winners were bad shots too.

The score was 115-115. If Lillard missed they would have just went to OT.

Better than driving to the rim, getting fouled, and the refs swallow their whistles.

He put the game in his own hands and it worked out for him.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Clutchfans hates their own player more than anyone

Rocket River

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

He has this coming and all of the ridicule he gets. He is a fraud as an MVP and the stupid franchise picked him above two other HOFs. It was no secret why Durant was friends with Harden. When they played together, Harden passed him the ball. I watched so many games where Durant was in witness protection out there with Brodie.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Max Kellerman says James Harden Chokes, the Media are such Hypocrites, Harden always gets passed the 1st Round, while Russell Westbrook can't get passed the 1st Round the last 4 years.

The Media blames Russell not having better players, won MVP over Harden, when Harden had a better record, while Russell steals rebounds for Triple Doubles, gets close to Adams for a pockets Assist, Last Year full blame on Carmelo Anthony, Russell get a pass, Michelle Beadle, Rachel Nichols, Max Kellerman says Russell Westbrook plays hard, give him a pass, Nike fake agenda at it's best.

Russell Westbrook has the worst form of a shooter I've ever seen, worst than Rajon Rondo.

Max says Russell "Plays so Hard" duh every NBA player plays hard running up and down the court.

Russell Westbrook is a Choker, Lowest IQ So called Non Point Guard I've ever seen.

Media ain't attacking Russell Westbrook for his antics or bad plays, because they are all embarrassed they voted for this 30 year old diva for MVP.

#998 rockets1995, Apr 24, 2019
  19. buffalobills!!!

Fool Jalen saying the Splash Brothers better than Paul and Harden o_O

Bearded13 likes this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Seth Curry influence on Damian Lillard, C.J McCollum has been huge. Seth being brothers with Stephen Curry, maybe Seth teaching Damian, CJ how to shoot deeper 3s, how to use moves to get open deep 3s. Dribble moves. Seth learned a lot from Stephen, Klay Thompson, Dad Dell Curry was a great 3 point shooter. A lot 3 Point Shooting Champions.

Damian shooting deep 3 point percentage is off the charts.