1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WBC: China vs. Slovenia

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by yipengzhao, Aug 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I am going to root for Yao and Vasilis. If Yao didn't play for China and Spanoulis didn't play for greece I would care less about those teams. I am a Rockets fan first a USA team fan second and then root for my Rockets players teams third.

That being said I think Greece has a better shot at making all the way and I have already seen enough to know Yao is back and will continue to be a force. So having Vspan advance and play USA in the semifinals would be nice to see. USA will kill Greece however just like they did CHina.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yao said he want another rematch with team USA in the semi final. :eek:

3. swu

swu Contributing Member

That's cool man. I was asking because somehow I thought you are of Greek origins, thus would have a conflict of interests.. guess not :)

4. qrui

qrui Member

great win! congratulations to the cnt and yao!

anyone wondering why yao only got 2 fouls in this game? mind you he played whole 40 min of it, and he had had more fouls in less playing time in all his previous games even fouled out in the last couple.

i digged a little and found out a chinese article. basically what it said was the cba made a formal complaint to the fiba officiating commitee after the puerto rico game. the fiba official then came out and openly said that they made mistakes in officiating yao in that game. although they couldn't change the result of a game they did expand their regular review meeting (from 1 hour to 2 hours) just to discuss that particular game.

i wish the nab officials can do that. ;)

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He can say whatever he wants but they will have their hands full with Greece. USA is the only team they have played that is better and we all know how well they faired with the others. Yao is the best player in the tournament right now but if they are to beat Greece he will have to have another 36 point 40 minute game. If they do somehow get past Greece the next game gets easier before their semifinal match against USA.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

If you look page 5 and 6 in this thread, the tvkoo crowd erupted like 3 mintues after the live game finished, because tvkoo has like 3 mintue lagging. Then there is one guy probably used tv-no-so-cool erupted 1 hour after the game. :D

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I don't think he really wishes to play team USA again. IIRC Yao has said he knew there wouldn't be much a chance to beat team USA before the group match last week. I think he 'wants' to play team USA again because that will mean China has make it all the way to the semi-final, which will be quite an achievement for them already.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Maybe you don't watch much NBA so let me help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Dude you make us tvkoo crowd feel bad. What super duper program you use that is reliable and has no or little delay? :(

10. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Where can I DL TVku?

11. pirc1

I think other than US. China has at least a shot against just any other team. The sSlovenia team they beat had beaten Greece during Euro championship. They have a fighting chance against just about any team other than the US. The match against Greece is probably 40-60 T in favor of greece.

12. Tauntaun13

Tauntaun13 Member

The game time will probably change because it's 4 am in the morning Greece time which will make it impossible for Greek people to watch the game. So there has been a request to move the game time forward by at least 6 to 10 hours and the journalists say that it will probably be accepted.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When Greece's guards apply full court pressure, I don't think the CNT will handle it very well. Hopefully the game will be competitive.

I want Greece to advance because I want to see as many V-Span games as possible. We already know what Yao can do and he's gotten a good tune up with the five games they've already played. It's good to see him display so much passion on the floor.

14. pirc1

Even if Greece loses, they will still play in the remaining games to decide the placement of 8-16 place.

15. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

where can I sign up? ;)
    the Rockets better do something for the discrimination on Yao in the league :mad:

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Shane Battier-Lite

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

ask google. It's called tvkoo.

18. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

Don't you guys think Yao played too much? He just recovered!

19. SlamIt

SlamIt Member

Where do you guys live? I am in the U.S. and pplive quit working for me long time ago, and I found later that they actually banned all foreign IP's for all sports channels. Is it coming back?

And I can not find cctv5 on ppstream! Please help!

Thanks.

20. littlefish_220

Good one