1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Video] Horry on his Nash foul

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by doublebogey, May 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's exactly what it looked like. But he should have walked over to Nash and made sure he was ok, just to dispel the idea that he was purposely trying to hurt him. I can understand why he didn't do that (frustrated with the loss, Nash's "acting").

3. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

A teammate of Ginobili complaining about the "flops" of others around the league?

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What an ass.

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nash's acting was obvious. It looked kind of hard when they collided, but then you can see Nash flail his arms in the air and lean into the table on purpose.

A flopper, just got flopped. :D

7. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

didn't someone say that horry hit bell with an elbow afterwards?

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Are you kidding? It's more like Bell ran into Horry's elbow. Horry would never do such a thing.. he's too nice and clean :rolleyes:

9. william847

william847 Member

He said that Nash was the focal point in the NBA and the NBA is trying to protect him. Also he said that if it was not Nash then it would not be such a big deal.

Finnally someone with the balls to say this. I am sick of the NBA treating the 'stars' in the league.

10. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

It looked like he knocked the crap out of him to me. It was like football with no pads.

I loved Bob until this - not so much now.

By the same token, I think Bowen needs to be clipped.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Kinda like one of the stars getting suspended for one game? :rolleyes:

Horry's a dumb ****. I live about a mile from his house, maybe I'll go egg it.

12. Fuse

Fuse Member

Nash did flop, but Horry set himself up. So its all fair game.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

What he really wanted to say was that Nash is a WHITE focal point...

14. MR. MEOWGI

What Horry said is 100% true. He is dead on.

15. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I think what affected Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3 has taken over Robert Horry, as well.

It's the black uniform.

16. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Exactly, Bell swung that throat of his right into Horry's forearm. Adam's apples are hard, might have bruised that forearm of Horry's.

I seriously hope Horry never hits another big shot in his life and goes down as Cheap Shot Bob. Nash showed a lot more class and respect to Horry ("it happened, he isn't a bag guy, just one of those heat of the moment things") than visa versa.

If you watch the whole series from the hit on Nash to Horry's forearm to Bell after the play there is no doubt Horry lost his cool, acted out of frustrated in losing and acted aggressively completely outside of basketball, and deserved his suspension. He should have owned up, apologized, and moved on. Be a man Rob.

17. MR. MEOWGI

What are you talking about? He said he gave him a good bump. He doesn't have to apologize for a hard foul in the playoffs. He said Nash gave it some acting. Nash did. There is no doubt about that. He said he didn't want the Suns to get suspended. He said Nash is a great player "MVP" and a good person. He said there are hard fouls and picks all the time in the game. That is also true. This is the biggest to do about nothing ever (thanks to Nash's acting).

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

horry came off with some PC Will Smith stuff on that interview.
    the Suns lost last night. Spurs fans can thank Horry for saving them again.

I still want the Suns to win. No Utah vs Spurs!

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

You have to be blind if you say all of Horry's acts were in the context of a normal hard foul. He freaken went right at Bell with a foreaarm in the throat right after the play (instead of say, checking on Nash). Horry lost it, had an overly aggressive posture/instigator throughout the whole situation, and it wasn't hard nosed basketball what he was doing. The fact Nash embellished the very tail end of the play (and only the very tail end of the play) is irrelevant and Horry is disingenous for not taking responsibility in the hit on Nash, the hit on Bell, and the aftermath (suspensions).

"Cheap Shot Bob" is what he is to a lot of people now. Even Juwan Howard had a whole lot more contrition on the Anderson play a few years ago and that play was more in the flow and wasn't as cheap (though the consequence was worse as DA blew out a knee I believe).

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Only the irrational Spur haters.