1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Horry on his Nash foul

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by doublebogey, May 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Was Stackhouse flopping too last year when Horry clearly BIT him?

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Nash flopped?

you've got to be kidding me, he was thrown against the marketing ads!

the only thing that looked like flopping was him laying and acting akwardly

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Horry is a sucka.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Bell was going at him. Horry did not search him out to go hit him. You are being ridiculous. He didn't check on Nash because he saw the COMPLETE ACTING JOB. He knew there was nothing to check on. "Check on Nash", "Apologize" for a foul... This is the NBA playoffs, not Sesame Street.

5. MR. MEOWGI

It was mostly a flop. You are just buying it.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You don't get hipchecked by someone that much bigger than you and not end up on the ground.

You want to see a flop, Raja Bell flopped last night after a Manu elbow to the chest. Or see Manu just about any time he drives.

Tell you what, I have a friend that is Robert Horry's height. How about we all get together and remake the play with you playing the role of Nash. Let's see how much you flop.

I hope your new Spurs jockeys give you a rash.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there was some good contact, but nash over exaggerated it. i really didnt see anything horry did was that wrong.

nba is becoming like soccer with all the floppers

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Same deal for you. I'll even bring the beer. I can't believe that some of you can't understand that getting hip-checked by a guy seven-eight inches taller and nearly 50 lbs heavier would make you ****ing fall to the floor.

9. MR. MEOWGI

You are going nuts. :D What would make you possibly think that I care about the Spurs? I don't care about the Spurs. But I don't care about the Suns either. But it is such an acting job that I can't stand it. Watch it in slow motion. Nash is comical.

None of the TNT guys talk much about the hit itself. Besides Shaq saying "he didn't hit him that hard did he?" (laughter) and then Smith commenting "Nash went into it a little bit extra".

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oUbAiclbijA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oUbAiclbijA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

im not complaining about falling. its the flailing like a little girl. Its the fake hurt when he landed to only jump up and then get into horrys face. If nash wanted to avoid the contact he could have. nash was running to a 6 inch space between horry and the sideline...did he not think contact would be made?

give me a break. there was some showmanship going on there and it sucks b/c when people do that weak stuff it just makes others do it more. that whole series has been one big flop, try to draw a foul, contest. its not basketball...its acting.

11. Fuse

Fuse Member

He was hipchecked... but if you look towards the end fo the fall, Nash was making a meal out of it with the delayed arms thrown up and all. Pretty bad acting if you ask me, but no doubt it was a foul.

12. MR. MEOWGI

Players fall down in the NBA all the time. So what. The flopping is not the complete faking of falling. It is the act of making it look worse than it really is.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's a lot of words for this:

[​IMG]

14. rennaisnz24

rennaisnz24 Member

just the look on ginobili's face makes me wanna kick his ass.

15. MR. MEOWGI

Im sure the guy could make me fall. But I'm also sure that I could really "sell it".

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He flailed his arms for like two seconds after he was on the ground. I'm sure that's the only reason Horry was suspended. Stupid Spurs fans.

There was nothing to sell. It was an unecessary hard foul.

17. MR. MEOWGI

I never said it wasn't a foul. It was a hard foul. A one game suspension would have been correct if Nash would have fallen like a man. But because of all the acting involved it got turned into a circus.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It didn't start with that hit. It started with dirty plays by other Spurs that were ignored by the league. If the league does something about Bowen before that game, we're not even having this discussion.

But go on believing that this whole thing was started by Nash "flailing" his arms for those very long two seconds. :rolleyes:

19. MR. MEOWGI

I'm going by the thread title.

20. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

- Horry was obviously tried to brace his arms in front to set a position to take a charge.
    - Nash brought the ball upcourt and saw Horry and changed direction in full speed to pass from Horry's left.
    - Horry was not fast enough to move laterally into position to take a charge and resulted in a hip check.
    - the foul was expected and those arms and the 5 secs on the floor movements was obviously an act job.
    - the foul only looks bad becasue Nash hit those commercial banners and bouce to floor.
    - If the foul happens in the middle of the court, without any actings, it will be just a flagrant 1 foul at most, no suspensions.
    - with a little extra actings & Bell, the Suns have nobody to blame but themselves.
    - If u call the Spurs dirty and Bowen dirty, then u should stop watching NBA. U dont know what "dirty" WAS.
    - Amare is a p***y. If he plays in late 80s and 90s, he would get roughen up and disappear like a little girl.