1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Horry on his Nash foul

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by doublebogey, May 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

How about Dan Patrick or Jim Rome or the nationally syndicated radio programs.

The ONLY one defending Horry are admitted and you in-the-closet Sperslovers.

The ONLY player to throw any sort of blow after the play was Horry. Not Bell, not Nash, not Amare, not anyone else.

Let's just hope the Suns bounce back and take those thugs down. The late 80s Mahorn/Laimbeer Pistons are more likable than Cheap Shot Bob, Bowen, Many Flopanobili and the rest of these Spers.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What an ass.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe that you don't think Nash exaggerated that hit by 542%. :D

SNIPER

4. htownzplaya03

htownzplaya03 Member

nash is a dumbass he shouldnt have "acted"

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It is painfully obvious that many members here did not watch basketball before 2000. That foul was a hard, playoff foul and was considered routine in the playoffs up until the last few years when the rules have been altered to prevent any sort of contact of guards. Nash flopped and that was very easy to see. I agree Horry should have been suspended for the forearm to Bell but the foul on Nash was nothing.

Then again, maybe I just remember what the game was like when men played it.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Uhh......no.

None of the Spurs have anything on Laimbeer/Mahorn.

Today's league is pu$$ified. Spurs look bad because most of the teams today are soft, our Rockets included.

If Laimbeer and Mahorn played today, they would have a hard time staying on court for 1/4 of the games during regular season. I am not even sure they would be able to sniff any court time during playoffs after multiple suspensions by Stu Jackson.

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

That's what Laimbeer/Mahorn would do to Amare everytime:

- bump Amare's knees.
    - kick Amare's Achilles
    - whisper in Amare's ears, "Little p***y, u wont be able to walk tomorrow."

Compare Bowen to Laimbeer/Mahorn for dirty plays? LMAO!!!

Did you really watch Laimbeer/Mahorn play?

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Yes I watched both of them (put Charles Oakley in there too), and the main difference is Bowen is sneakier and aims lower. The intent to hurt is the same, except Bowen goes more for the legs instead of men giving each other gut shots.

And nobody, but nobody has brought the NBA the art of the flagrant flops as Many Flopanobili. Even Valde typically waited until there actually was contract before falling down and flailing. Flopanobili would flail even with opponents like 6 inches away--though I will admit I think he has cut down on those the last 2-3 years.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thanks, I've been working out.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is all a part of his master plan. He can't play Game 5 and 6 and comes back for the Game 7 game winner. Heres to you, Mr. Big Shot Bob.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Robert Horry is a Texas hero up there with the likes of Davy Crockett. Go Spurs!

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Flopping was brought in the league by the Euros

13. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

Well Horry did it again, this time with a foul. Instead of 7 games his team won in 6.

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

not to hijack

but why did it go from Big Shot Bob - to Big Shot Rob??

Big Shot Bob had a much better ring to it.

15. aaaa

aaaa Member

I believe he actually doesn't like to be called Bob and prefer Rob instead.

16. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Ask Mark Price of the Cavs about the deliberate "manly" head concussion the Pistons gave him on one of the last games of the '88-'89 regular season. And, oh yes, just before the playoff series where Cleveland took Chicago to 3-2. Where Price missed the first bunch of games, the Cavs were like this years Rockets and had no other point guard, the Bulls won the series and then lost to the Pistons 4-2 and the Pistons became World cheaters..... uh I mean champions. Detroit did not want to meet the Cavs that year, they were closely matched - so if you can't beat them, then beat them! Who was that ice-skater who had a friend attack another skater and try to break her leg? Gosh sports are so much fun! :rolleyes:

This would make a great beer commercial - NBA Basketball and Kick-boxing combined!!!! Yes!!!

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That's the way I saw it
    Horry trying to cut off the Sideline
    nash with full steam driving to get around
    Horry Late on the cutoff
    Nash's Speed + Horry's bulk and strength = Nash bouncing back
    Add in a little acting/flopping. . . and =nash looking like he hit superman going 100 MPH

Rocket River
    It was a hard foul but not a malicious and dirty foul

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't know if they brought it
    but
    they sure do use it alot

Rocket River