1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNDISPUTED] Sauces say there is tension between Chris Paul and Rockets over Tillman low-balling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

I understand that value he brings now. But lets dive into the likely scenario where he is injured again next season. He is aging and harden is not a clutch player in the playoffs that can carry his team like lebron or kd can. What good does cp3 at the max do after next season? He will be even older, younger stars wont be interested in playing with an aging oft injured star and harden. Add to that the cap flexibility will be nonexistent. So my main point is, when the rockets strike out this offseason, and they inevitably will, thank you ryan anderson, i think at that point the best move may be to let him walk. You'd have to pull the band aid early unless hed be willing to sign for 3 years.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d give him max money on a 2 or maybe 3 year deal, but 4 or 5 years is just a bad decision, and no one can argue otherwise...Morey probably has no choice tho, CP3 leaving this summer means we’re screwed which is why CP3 isn’t going anywhere

kjayp likes this.
  3. biina

biina Member

I dont see what is so unbelievable about this. In fact, I would be shocked if Tilman, as a businessman, didnt try the low ball offer.

Unless he convinces Lebron to join the rockets this summer, CP3 is not worth the max. Cos the current roster is not going to be good enough to hold an advantage over GSW, who will likely be better prepared to play against the rockets next time. Everyone likes to point to the CP3 injury, but forget that prior to losing Iggy, GSW were up 2-1 with home court. How it would have played out without injuries will never be known

CP3 has always been playoff injury prone and will likely get worse with age and with MDA penchant for short rotations in playoffs.

My thoughts would be one of two paths
    Option #1: If Lebron comes, you go all out to resign the free agents and add depth where possible, to maximize the window and almost guarantee one or more championships.
    Option #2: If Lebron is not coming, blow up the team and aim to acquire star players next summer when Ryan's expiring contract would be easier to move. If possible, you can S&T CP3 to the team Lebron joins to help him with his championship push (e.g. fleece lakers of their talent and can even take Deng)

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

wtf?? 65 win season and a couple of bad calls and hamstring pull from a championship and you'd rather just let the team dwindle in 5th/6th seed territory? bc letting cp3 walk isnt going to suddenly put the rockets into the lottery.. they still have harden on the books for the next 5-6 years.

literally just one major piece or good health from winning the championship and you want to blow it all up... wtfff

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’d be conceding that next season is gonna be a wasted year and hoping to attract another star in 2019 free agency then

Will Harden be happy that u just let CP3 walk out the door, especially after all the work he put in recruiting him here and when he feels that if CP3 were healthy he’d have won a title? Will he be happy having to go back to carrying a bunch of role players by himself?

napalm06 likes this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden needs to find a way to go Kobe mode in the 2nd half of these deep playoff games... care about that more.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If they screw around CP3 No FA will want to come here and I'd be willing to bet Harden books after his contract.

BUT I'm not buying this rumor

D-rock likes this.
  8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

You don't lure a guy of CP's stature and then screw around on him. For two reasons: 1) You'll trash your credit rating with marquee players and agents, which will cost you a lot more down the line, and 2) CP has pull with other players. You want this guy to feel absolutely respected and well treated. You want him helping your coach and your GM.

I can imagine drawing up the contract so the last year or two is severable if both sides agree. That assumes CP is more altruistic than Kobe. But for the first 3 years, you're just telling the community of players and agents that you're a stand-up organization.

DonKnock, Deuce, luckyman76 and 5 others like this.
  9. BackdoorHarden

I was listening to ESPN 710 LA and they just had Stephen A Smith on and he said this,

"My sources tell me Rockets are going to take care of CP3. He is not leaving Houston. The only way he leaves Houston is to join Lebron. If he leaves, it will be because of Lebron, not about money."

There you have it. SAS just called out Mr Multiple Sauces for lying again. How many times can this guy make stuff up and not get fired????

"MULTIPLE SAUCES CHRIS BROUSSAND is trying around, texting people, asking for a job"

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Tilman should sue Broussard. Spreading stories that he's a cheapskate, even with future of hall of famers, can badly damage the Rockets' reputation with free agents.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

The Team’s word. The whole front office. It would turn into the rockets can’t be trusted.

If Morey makes a deal, then is overruled later, Morley can’t be trusted cause is word isn’t the final word.

D-rock likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Broussard getting his Chris Paul and Charles Barkley/Les Alexander story wrong.

Les screwed Barkley with a wink wink contract.

Tilman ain't les.

He's from Houston

chievous minniefield likes this.
  13. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Yah, didnt say i wanted to blow it all up. What i am saying is you need to realistic on what ur window is with this group. Most likely, it is this upcoming season, maybe 1 more if we are lucky. So yes, if we strike out this summer then its a matter of maybe a year or 2 we have left

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Exactly. These journalist losers entire job is to get you to read their story otherwise they are out of a job. Literally, that's the entirety of how their job works. It's pathetic. That's why half of what they write is full of - could this happen? Is it possible...? Are they upset with each other? The sad thing is most readers scan so fast they turn Are they upset with each other? Into They are upset with each other. It's a simple mind trick and they get off the hook because they didn't say anything concrete just through out a hypothetical and everyone gets confused and reacts. I hate journalists, they are literally scum. Worthless. The other thing they get away with is their unnamed "sources". Oh, I can't tell you that. . . They don't want to be named. " Liars. Please don't click on their articles and we won't have these losers anymore.

jb86 likes this.
  15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

My guess is that Broussard knew he was going on Undisputed so he needed some dish. He looked online and saw that Chris Paul sold his Houston home and he remembered he didnt play in Game 7, so BOOM CP3 is unhappy... despite the articles and tweets from other people saying he is as happy as ever.

On the subject of the contract, CP3 might not be worth a 4 or 5 year max deal, but you give it to him without a doubt. Now, I know that is easy for me to say since it's not my millions being spent but a second playmaking star doesnt come around often. Especially not an elite PG that will end up in the Hall of Fame.

When you get those guys... you pay them, no questions asked.

Bids9 likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

you're a fool for this one

luckyman76 and BigM like this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I suspect his sauces are from another team and they are using him as a mouthpiece to help them and hurt the Rox. It helps him cover his ass in that yes it's true what his sauces told him but he's not aware or doesn't mind being fed bullshit and being used like a w****.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is crazy. It’s so obvious.

I’ve been spelling Tilman with two LLs.

Damn

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Steve Nash was good until 37, then dropped off at 38

Most guys see a big drop off at age 35, I think

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Honest truth? Broussard loves hearing himself talk. Him botching the DJ & Cuban reports like that totally destroyed his ego and he disappeared into the darkness for a few months. Now, he's finally getting a bit more comfortable being back in the spotlight, and most people forget his old shenanigans, so he's starting to speak a little more comfortably on his opinion again like it's fact. This is the same person who would straight up LIE about anything involving NBA Gossip.

So I don't believe this for a second.