1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNDISPUTED] Sauces say there is tension between Chris Paul and Rockets over Tillman low-balling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Almost like a rumor lodged by a team who would want to poach a FA Houston is also interested in... Hmm...

2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets would low ball the President of the player's union, and I'm surprised this thread is 5 pages long.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ultimately money talks, and I doubt an agent is going to sway his client away from Houston because some rando hack reporter comes out with an unsubstantiated rumor. Now, it may come to pass that the Rockets DON'T offer Chris the contract that he wants, and he might have resentment towards them for that. THAT would be significantly more damaging than a rumor propagated by a guy who, in the past, has had no problems lying to fans.

Scarface281 and StraightG like this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Loooooool, man this is funny on so many levels

So morey would be like cp I tried man but we have this new owner man he wasn't part of the plan and he aint willing to pay, what am supposed to do bruh !!!!!

:D:D:D

D-rock likes this.
  5. vick

vick Member

I am doing my part to help pay CP3s salary. I go once a month to Tillman's Golden Nugget. I lose money almost every time I go.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

He likes his contracts just as he likes his teammates - thicc

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lowballing? If Chris really thinks he is still a 30+ million dollar player he’s out of his mind.

Little Bit likes this.
  8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Nobody is giving CP3 the max...

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seems like there's a negative story coming out about the Rockets chances at just about everything this off-season.......dare I say it's a.....

MEDIA CONSPIRACY??

@Os Trigonum

DonKnock, heypartner and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Chris Paul was the difference in us winning a championship this year. Definitely worth the max on this team, not to mention everything else he brings off the court.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course he's that type of player. thinking otherwise is dumb.

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don’t see why the lakers would waste a max salary on a PG when the only foundational piece they have right now is Lonzo... sure if Lebron says he is only coming to LA if they trade Zo he will be gone but Zo is literally the only think the Lakers have to pitch to LBJ.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He’s 33 years old... coming off an injury and has never proven an ability to stay on the court for a full playoff run. Whoever give CP3 a max offer will regret it faster than the clippers regretted paying Blake.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

so what. with all that said hes still an elite impact player who fit on this team perfectly to raise the ceiling to become championship caliber and no, its not comparable to BG. just stop making bs up

House Rockets likes this.
  15. 523744

523744 Member

This is all part of "The Plan" guys.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cuban driving through downtown Dallas/downtown Houston searching for DeAndre LOLOLOL

[​IMG]

17. brosef

brosef Member

Says the Kyle Lowry guy :rolleyes:

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

broussard is an idiot to begin with... so I place no creedence in what he has to say...

That said... I've wondered from the beginning about any wink wink deal that was struck by Les and if Tillman would honor it...

Let's be honest... CP3 is not worth max money to a contender - period.
    Age and injury history does not allow a team to wrap up max money in him and fill out a championship caliber roster - (or in our case grossly overspending on the luxury tax...)

Are there teams that would give him the max? Sure... but basically it would be so they could turn to their fans and say "Look we acquired Chris Paul - we're trying to rise into a contender - spend money to come to the games and buy merch!"

But if Clutch's assessment of Ryan Anderson's contract costing the Rox 100M next year... whats the cost on a max or near max deal for CP3? 150M?

People that keep thinking cost doesnt matter and its all about winning a championship - dont understand business. Tillman is a businessman. He bought the Rox as a financial investment... he aint about to be all stupid about it...

PS: I also said over a month ago that LA was the smart move for LBJ... and everybody said "No, he wants to win more championships - and Houston is his best chance..." again... Bron is a businessman... got his rings, looking at a few more years of ballin - then his post playing career = LA...

People need to look at these things as business decisions - not through the irrational views and expectations of a fan...

Little Bit, Shark44 and BigggReddd like this.
  19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

That's not why I'm buying it. I'm not buying it because he would not be recruiting James to Houston if he felt that Houston wasn't take care of him. Has nothing to do with it "not benefiting us" or a bandwagon.

D-rock and rocketseagles07 like this.
  20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I can't get the same deal as in Houston, look at Kawhi Leonard. If he doesn't sign directly with the Spurs he's leaving about 70 million dollars on the table. But I agree though, I don't buy it either. It wouldn't surprise me if Houston and Paul leaked that to offset potential tampering/illegal handshake agreement. It also allows Paul to float around for awhile while the Rockets go after players.