1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Liberals do suck. Not all of them.

But they do suck. A lot of them suffer (especially in my generation) from a witch hunt syndrome where they’re constantly trying to get upset about something.

There’s always something to harp on and complain about. There’s always someone to demonize or shame. It happens way too often and a lot of liberals are way too judgmental.

Moderates suck too, because people like me are too lazy to get off our asses, take part in the democratic process, and do something about this crap.

But overall, republicans are the scourge of this country because they have zero self awareness.

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ok, if you think this sounds like a nutjob, then that makes YOU one:

“Well, as I’ve said before, I believe that us honoring our flag and our anthem is part of what binds us together as a nation,” Obama said during a CNN town hall in September 2016. “But I also always try to remind folks that part of what makes this country special is that we respect people’s rights to have a different opinion. We fight sometimes so that people can do things that we disagree with ... As long as they’re doing it within the law, then we can voice our opinion objecting to it, but it’s also their right.”

″I think that it’s also important for us to recognize that sometimes out of these controversies, we start getting into a conversation, and I want everybody to listen to each other,” Obama continued. “I want Mr. Kaepernick and others who are on a knee, I want them to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat, and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing. But I also want people to think about the pain that he may be expressing about somebody who’s lost a loved one that they think was unfairly shot.”

HakeemOnlyFan and DudeWah like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Makes you wonder about the other 34%...

HakeemOnlyFan and DudeWah like this.
  4. dandorotik

Umm, OK. Grammar 101. When you say "Liberals suck," the word "all" is obviously implied. That's all I'll say.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Idk man. I got 96th percentile on the verbal part of the GRE and 5.5 on the writing part.

I’m in stem btw. I think I’ll skip out on grammar 101. ;)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm really pretty close to the center....which is why I'm not going to fellate Obama and pretend like he wasn't a divisive president that pushed identitarian nonsense that led to the current state of politics. Now that said, I get that fringe left nonsense has become more and more mainstream these days, but that doesn't make it centrist, it just makes it popular.

The problem is that so few people are allowed to have an objective opinion without feeling pressure from one of or both of the two sides that are further apart than at any time I can remember.....and what's worse, both of those sides are completely ridiculous right now.

7. dandorotik

Touche.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Bobby, I know you truly believe that you’re moderate, but you’re not.

Anyone who has as high a posting average as you on the political section of a basketball forum is not anywhere near moderate.

Moderates don’t care enough to do that.

HakeemOnlyFan, Rashmon and el gnomo like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I could not have said it better.

10. dandorotik

The problem is that you say you're in the center and make statements that contradict this. This is basic reading comprehension stuff here.

This is not only applicable to Obama- as I've said, no matter how I disagree with other Republicans, I still respect them and think they are generally intelligent people.

Tell you what- I'll PayPal anyone $50 right now if they can find any statement I made on ClutchFans in which I referred to George W. Bush derogatorily. First person that does so gets $50. Not "I disagreed with Bush," I mean any adjective such as "idiot, stupid, moron, awful, evil, terrible," etc. that I wrote that applies directly to George W. Bush.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Having moderate political beliefs does not mean that you don't care. It's just saying that you aren't extreme in your beliefs.

12. dandorotik

He's not. It's like some of the clients I write resumes for. They describe themselves in the Summary as "team players" and "excellent collaborators," but when you asked them why they left their last 3 jobs, it's always a conflict with the boss, other staff members, etc. Or, they can't give you any concrete examples of team play.

Proof is not stating "I am in the center." Proof is showing it.

MexAmercnMoose, el gnomo and DudeWah like this.
  13. dandorotik

Having moderate political beliefs means that your statements illustrating your beliefs reflect moderation. Saying it and showing it are 2 different things.

HakeemOnlyFan, el gnomo and DudeWah like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I always thought it mean you are mixed left and right. Meaning your views are left leaning in some areas and right and others. AND and as you said "aren't extreme" in some beliefs and somewhere in the middle.

el gnomo likes this.
  15. dandorotik

Excellent post. I honestly didn't have a problem with the type of person W Bush was, just disagreed with certain things. We can't get anything done if we villify every Republican politician, and vice versa. Every time I try to somehow give Trump the benefit of the doubt, he fails me over and over again.

Really, let's call this what it really is. It's a save-face thing for those that voted for and support Trump.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I consider myself a moderate and I question why a president would be fighting with athletes.

Another question is why isn't he calling out the South Park guys? They've attacked him more than any athlete/espn personality has, yet crickets. I don't want to assume its because they're white... but he's making it difficult for me to think differently.

HakeemOnlyFan, el gnomo and DudeWah like this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump is not popular among athletes. He is only popular among sneaky athletes.

HakeemOnlyFan and CCorn like this.
  18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Your beliefs are beyond cemented. I’ve hardly ever seen you lighten your stance on something even when presented with hard evidence that would persuade a rational person to at least consider the contrary.

You think you’re correct about almost everything. No one is changing your opinion on anything. That’s the definition of having extreme viewpoints.

Your political beliefs are not moderate dude. Your beliefs in general on almost any topic are not moderate. They’re very staunch. And that’s fine. A lot of people are like that. Don’t masquerade around as something you aren’t though.

19. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Trump's killing two birds with one stone. Blowing the dog whistle for his base and carrying out his grudge against the NFL. Dude still isn't over NFL burying him and rest of USFL after he unwisely tried to directly compete. Sad!

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member