1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Half this post is spot on about Bobby, but I do recall him playing both sides prior to the election. I'd say he's def a moderate leaning person who likes to win arguments. To be fair.

2. tmacfor35

Yeah, I can see that.

3. Buck Turgidson

He tried to buy the Buffalo Bills a few years ago, the NFL wanted nothing to do with him personally and his shady finances.

el gnomo likes this.
  4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

How many years do we have until they stop playing the national anthem all together due to it being offensive to some people?

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I tried to seriously debate Bobby for years and he's the only person I've had to put on ignore in however many years on CF because he just doesn't give anything and is relentless in pursuing his side. I finally had to pull the plug.

He does what most do here and says "I didn't vote for Trump" but all his positions are heavily extreme Anti left anything to the point where he aligns with the Trumpiest Trump fan on nearly every issue.

It's kind of a cop out IMO that many have here of giving a cover of objectivity and then blasting on level 10 with their hard right view points. In my years debating Bobby though I've never once run into an issue where he is not far far right on that issue. Might be just out of spite for me, but either way....he's one hell of a Trump fan that happens to say he didn't vote for Trump.

el gnomo and Yung-T like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Getting conflicting reports, but one report I heard is entire Jacksonville team, including owner, took knee during National Anthem. If correct, significant response to Trump tweet.

el gnomo likes this.
  7. tmacfor35

There is no hiding it that Bobby has a problem with other people's opinion. Probably a personality trait that he needs to tone down to have better relationships with those in his life. He's a good poster If you can tolerate his "great" persona.

el gnomo likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Trump's a uniter.

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The best thing for other countries is a strong US economy, as it boosts the global economy. Our stock markets are hitting record highs under Trump. Hillary's policies of higher taxes would have set us down the wrong path. Don't be fooled by all these "war of words" - they don't matter. The Norks won't use their bomb even if they get it - that's pure media hysteria to capture ratings. Obama was personally OK with wiretapping Angela Merkel's cell phone - yet he got a pass because he was half black and a politically correct speaker. His ineptitude in the Middle East resulted in your European migrant crisis, including all the rapes and terrorism. The media seeks to divide you - don't be duped into taking their bait. You're not getting a complete picture from the European media, in particular.

10. tmacfor35

Using fire to fight fire. This is about to blow up.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

End result - the NFL will lose fans. They're fighting a battle they can't win. Owners have no choice, however, since being accused of being a racist by anybody will result in their downfall - see the Clippers former guy. They're pinned in.

12. tmacfor35

Yeah you are right about that.

Now that owner has set the bar for others to do the same. Going to be an interesting few days.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What a disgusting image to witness. I feel like my moniker This morning. This will absolutely affect the NFL and it's bottom line.

I say bring it on!

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Which is why I found him and BHollic so frustrating. They have a lot to offer a conversation but just can't get over their out of control combative nature. To this day neither of them will even be able to admit that Terrence Jones was at one point a contributing member of the Houston Rockets. Here on the DD there is a slew of Terrence Jones like issues where there is no backing down.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Funny you're assuming how I consume media or what I believe, when I haven't said a word about any of the things you mentioned. And you seem to be the last person that sees a complete picture, defending every bs Republicans do, no matter how embarassing or poisonous.

PS: Funny how you turned this into a Obama debate again, like you always do.This is about Trump.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Isn't that exactly what Trump does and why you voted for him? :oops:
    Should've taken your own advice.

HakeemOnlyFan, Rashmon and el gnomo like this.
  17. conquistador#11

The only reason the Jaguars owner took a knee with the players is because he is MEXICAN. We're trying to build a beautiful yet firm wall around Mexico.
    #Makeamerica1860 again.

18. Buck Turgidson

He's Pakistani and lives in Florida, but I bet all brown people look alike to you ;)

19. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Guy's (Watson) an idiot. The athletes (the "privileged multi-millionaires" are not protesting for themselves. They are protesting for their communities, where there have historically been and where there still are major problems in the criminal justice system that disproportionately affects people of color. Problems like mass incarceration and unarmed people being gunned down.
    And anybody who doesn't see the role of race here is, to put it kindly, underinformed, and seemingly incapable of even trying to understand why athletes are protesting.

20. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

The more Trump tears us apart the better it is for him. It's a sad state we are in.

#240 Chilly_Pete, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017