1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

exactly, i'm so thin-skinned that's why the world known expression "never discuss religion and politics" exists. clearly i'm the only one who doesn't like those two topics spilling out into other areas of life you facking moron.

not only a moron but apparently illiterate too!! i said FACK ANYONE who brings politics into sports. that's straight up condemnation b**** what more do you want?!?

look another moron who doesn't listen to people's words and substitutes his own so as to support his insignificant opinion and make him feel good about himself.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No reason to spin it.

It’s entirely a fact. It is 100% because he was black. And 50 years from now, everyone will be in agreeance on this.

Anyone with a rationally functioning brain that isn’t deluded by dogmatic political and social bias embedded into them from youth realizes this already.

You can wait and see. :)

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. MexAmercnMoose

holy $h!*....all this over a flag/anthem?? a piece of cloth and a song?? LOLOLOLOLOL

ipaman likes this.
  4. ipaman

Finally someone who spits truth!!! Someone who tells it like it is without needing to make up bullshit in the process! Much respect to Shady McCoy!!

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL I guess I had to expect that kind of opinion from the fringe left, but for the sake of the country, I hope everyone else learns the lesson of the last 8 years that led us to having Donald Trump as the president and the Democrats not having control of anything. Trying to demonize those who disagree with you as being some kind of bigots only kills credibility and pushes people away....you know, another way of saying being divisive.

At some point hopefully you crazy kids come to the realization that Obama was a divisive president because he is a divisive person that embraces divisive politics....till then, well, you guys will be good for a laugh.

6. Major

Major Member

Well, at least Trump managed to unite NFL owners and players on this issue, finally. Well done.

el gnomo likes this.
  7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, come on, Bobby The ?, you're going to sit there with a straight face and call Obama a nutjob? Really? I mean, you do realize that you are composing in English and that we can all read it, right?

8. Buck Turgidson

And the NBA, and now the Oakland A's and MLB. He really is a uniter, not a divider.

9. dandorotik

I simply said you're thin-skinned because you're being... thin-skinned. If you're going to call me a moron and illiterate, then I feel very sorry for you.

Now, you're throwing b**** in there? OK.

#169 dandorotik, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    HakeemOnlyFan and ipaman like this.
  10. ipaman

and you're hard to please when you pretend to disagree with someone

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He absolutely was. The current state of politics is a direct result of his 8 years and the divisive brand of politics he pushed. I mean, sure now Trump is the gold standard for awful presidents, but before Trump, it was Obama.

Then again, with how tribal things are these days, I'm sure many people won't be able to see that due to them perceiving Obama as being on their "side". It is what it is I guess.

12. dandorotik

Boo hoo. I've been to 19 Astros games this year, and I always stand, remove my hat, and put my hand over my heart when they play the national anthem. And while I'm doing this, I hear fans talking on their cell phone, I see some sitting down, I see MANY looking at their phones, I see many who do not remove their caps, etc.

But I'm supposed to worry if a player or players kneel to a national anthem which shouldn't even be played at city/state vs. city/state sporting events, and for which the verse that is played from this anthem is posed as a question ( and maybe CK was simply responding to the question), and which is not played before concerts, movies, home exposition shows, author lectures and book signings, etc.?

OK.

(BTW, although I disagree with you, ipaman, I do respect your right to state your opinion).

#172 dandorotik, Sep 23, 2017
    ipaman likes this.
  13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

People who don't believe that there were those who didn't like Obama because he was Black are kidding themselves.

#173 Chilly_Pete, Sep 23, 2017
  14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

If they boycott baseball, they'll only have NASCAR left! :D

HakeemOnlyFan and Rashmon like this.
  15. dandorotik

Or, maybe what it is is intelligent people who have the ability to listen and read determining that Obama is the furthest thing from a "nutjob" as one could find. You might call him other things, but really? I mean, at this point, it has to be trolling, Bobby. I can't explain your posts any other way.

And before you whip out the "you're obsessed with Obama" card, wrong. I was fine with George W. Bush. I thought George H.W. Bush was fine. I respected Ronald Reagan, and Bob Dole, and John McCain, and Mitt Romney. Matter of fact, even though I disagree politically with Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Mike Pence, and Lindsay Graham, I would say that they are all very intelligent and worthy of respect. Matter of fact, I wrote a letter to Lindsay Graham thanking him yet disagreeing with him on an issue.

I have no problem with most Republicans, and most are intelligent. Most understand the importance of using diplomacy, professionalism, respect, and dignity in their day-to-day interactions.

This does not include Trump.

Very sad, BTG. I mean, I wish it were that I was the one who was deluded by Obama. But it's not. You have some really twisted logic for trying to equate Obama with Trump, and it's unfortunate. No explanation except for obvious trolling.

HakeemOnlyFan and peleincubus like this.
  16. dandorotik

I am 100% fine with this as a die-hard baseball fan. When I'm saluting the flag and listening to the anthem, I'm either looking at the flag or looking down, occasionally thinking about my uncle who was a Vietnam vet and saw his best friend blow up in front of him, or my dad who was in the US Navy, or any one of 100+ vets I've worked with in my job (a few with PTSD), or just thinking about whatever.

I'm definitely not looking to see what players do. I feel compelled to stand. I don't feel compelled to tell athletes to do the same.

And I'm certainly not going to stop going to games over it. The only thing that would keep me away from going to Minute Maid Park would be for someone to pry my cellphone (that's where I keep the tickets on the MLB app) from my dead hands.

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Fringe left?

I’m a moderate. I couldn’t care less about the left or right. My posting history reflects that.

Not a fan of SJW/BLM/when minorities cry about unfair treatment when they don’t even try to gain education.

Similarly not a fan of the intense hypocrisy on the right, their appeal to the racial prejudice inherent in most people, and especially their disdain for academic evidence.

The issue is that you’re on the fringe right while masquerading as a moderate. Your viewpoints are deluded and convoluted. The moderates of this country aren’t you. They’re people like me tired of you guys just blaming the other side.

Liberals really suck. Sadly, the Republican Party (not conservatives) and a significant contingent of their supporters (people who say they aren’t Republican but parrot every one of their viewpoints) are even worse.

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  18. dandorotik

Well, way to ruin a post. You did a great job on everything until you stated "liberals suck." That would be the equivalent of saying, "All moderates suck."

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are weird. I'm American but I don't see how people are so naive to believe that every other American is somehow on their "team". They are not. We are one country when we fight a critical war but outside of Al Qaeda/ISIS, that hasn't really happened since WWII. Rich Americans don't give a rat's ass about most of you all. Hack most people don't given a rat's ass about anyone they don't know. They care about people like themselves. White people care about white people for the most part, and black people care about black people for the most part. And all this kneeling controversy is really about race.

Face it, if a football player kneeled during the national anthem to protest gun laws, conservatives would be calling him a hero and liberals would be disgusted. But because it's about blacks the conservatives are up in arms and liberals are supportive.

This has nothing to do with nationalism. nothing.

Obama was a great president especially compared to the one before and after him. First president that the opposition couldn't attack for anything but being black and having a Muslim name. Black president inspires the hate and Trump seizes the opportunity. Trumpsters are idiots.

pahiyas, HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.