1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Love Bill Cosby. Nice of him to show how a mature celebrity might choose to handle the situation (cough... spike lee cough...). No race-baiting or mob justice.

1 person likes this.
  2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:411755" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-april-4-2012/racist-time-out">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

Rocket River

5. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

More Voice Experts Heard From

6. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

Ok, so if you are neighborhood watch, your job is to keep an eye out on security. ITs after dark and you notice a very unfamiliar figure coming in on foot, not car(keep in mind, yes at night, and this kid did NOT live there, so he wasn't easily recognizeable rather tan just being black like people try to accuse it about) So he goes and being the night watch wants to inquire more because his idea or at least worst case scenerio is that hei is preventing something badh appening and itll be too late by the time the cops come. Now this kid doesn't like it, turns out and retaliates(he has the right to be offended) but how he goes about putting GASHES in the back of zimmerman's head? So meaning he was on top, in charge of the fight and at that point the aggressor. Keep in mind this kid is 6'3, talks ghetto as well. Zimmerman seems to have a self defense case. I can't say for sure, but the way the media tried to pan it out by showing a kid 5-10 years before he actually looked and making it a race thing, is just not right

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So they aren't saying we can't identify the voice because we can't get a sample from martin? Looks like GZ just committed the perfect crime. Execute the only guy who could produce evidence against you.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was 6-3 160. That is a super skinny kid. If you as 200 plus pound man I just find it hard to believe he was threatened.

9. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Really? If I were going to commit the perfect crime, I wouldn't call 911 before I did it.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If you are getting your ass kicked, take your beating like a man.

Don't pull out a gun and shoot the other guy,

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

About race.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You would if you were going to play the self-defense card.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well you are leaving out key testimony. One of the eye witnesses has stated that Zimmerman was on top. There weren't gashes on the back of Zimmerman's head, but tiny little scratches.

Also if we are going to talk about things that the two people involved did that was wrong, Zimmerman carrying a gun which is against all neighborhood watch protocol, and ignoring the directions of the 911 operator which is also against protocol is definitely much worse than a kid talking ghetto, and also more significant in terms of being related to what happened that night.

What's not right is that you are saying the kid talked ghetto. That has nothing to do with who started the fight, and who was unarmed, and who got killed.

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

It comes down to this week guys

15. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

it comes down to this weak guy.

16. cdeezballz

cdeezballz Member

Why aren't Al Sharpton, JJ, and the rest of the media circus making a hoopla about the black guy that was shot this weekend at the Surfside party?

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Zimmerman will need plastic surgery to continue living publicly. That's semi justice.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe that guy's family didn't invite them to get involved like Martin's family did.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

if Trayvon actually did attack Zimmerman, then i doubt Trayvon was the one saying "help!". i think Zimmerman was shocked he was being attacked when he confronted Trayvon and screamed "help!". i think these voice analysis test results may be bogus or flawed. saying "help!" in distress is different than saying "help" in normal conversation. i wonder if the program is smart enough to tell the difference between a sissy type call for help and regular voice (i doubt it). obviously, the screaming of "help!" was during the physical part of the confrontation but not after the gun was pullled out...as in "help! don't shoot!". Trayvon did attack Zimmerman or Zimmerman attacked himself to make it look like Trayvon attacked him so he could claim he shot him in self defense. i don't think there was enough time for Zimmerman to hurt himself to make it look like he was attacked. i think the self defense argument may hold up even though Zimmerman initiated the confrontation which caused Trayvon to respond with force. the fact is...no confrontation...noone gets hurt. these are just my opinions.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

One was killed by random gun fire. One was ended up killed for wearing a hoodie.