1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady's Visit to Auburndale High School

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jan 4, 2008.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Photos of Tracy McGrady at his Alma Mater, Auburndale High School, to kick off his "Stand Up for Darfur" humanitarian project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Nice leather jacket.

3. Prettyfly

Prettyfly Member

nice comic book.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Was he limping?

5. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

we praise mutumbo for his humanitarian work, so where is the love for tmac's philanthropy

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Certainly a reasonable take......his philanthropy is appreciated.......

But, was he limping?
    ;)

DD

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

he went to Mt. Zion...

let me make this clear first: i totally support what hes doing ALL THE WAY, but if ur trying to raise awareness AND money, wouldnt it be more tactical to talk to adults with money rather than awestruck high school-ers? i think the funniest part here is that there was a 1000$ donation from a city commission... i think that an nba superstar can raise more money and awareness from places other than a city.

8. vince123

vince123 Member

hahhahaha don't even ask man,he doesn't deserve any praise .you know that here t-mac cannot do anything right. just take a look at all the other thread,dude cannot be injured,cannot smile ,he is resisting the play the system,he told yao you'll be iso'ed or whatever it was,dude cannot even not be doing his everyday therapy on the knee because he has to cheer his teammates. .

9. yo

yo Contributing Member

T-Mac could start by trading in his $500,000 Maybach, multimillion dollar house and JET ( :rolleyes: ) for a more modest living - that alone would probably feed a thousand people in Darfur for year. I'm glad he got a wake up call about the dire situation in Darfur but something just doesn't seem right when you live the way he does while proclaiming to care about those in need.

10. Fuse

Fuse Member

So T-mac can walk to charity events, but he can't walk to cheer his teammates on in a game? :confused:

11. tmacformvp07

tmacformvp07 Member

ya how come t-mac never joins the team when he is injured?

I have NEVER seen t-mac on the bench

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

After listening to him on Jim Rome's radio show a few weeks back I am very interested to hear if he has polished his Darfur pitch.

13. pryuen

I am wondering who that 11 NBA players are, and is Big Yao amongst them? :D

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Aware youngsters turn into aware adults. It's not like this conflict will be over with over night.

15. pryuen

According to reports from the Chinese websites, the rest of the Rockets stayed overnight in Boston, after the game with Celtics, before flying to Orlando the next day.

So judging from the timing of the reports/photos on the Chinese websites, TMAC arrived Orlando not together with the team but on his own for this humanitarian project promotional launch at Auburndale High School.

Well, I wonder whether TMAC will care to stay behind in Orlando to rave and support his team mates by the courtside, or he will choose to rush back to Houston for continuous rest and therapy on his injured tendon?

16. lame_chen

lame_chen Member

T-mac is so happy...

i `m so unhappy

17. h-rock1

h-rock1 Member

good to see him walk and stand

18. liangqj

liangqj Member

No.

T-mac is so happy, so I am.
    T-mac is no happy, I am more happy.

19. Suuso

Suuso Member

Those gotta be the ugliest sunglasses i've ever seen.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

T-Mac probably doesn't know or understand the Darfur conflict all that well. I know he went to Chad, but it was probably under the auspices of some aid group who only told him what they wanted to tell him. Luol Deng is a much better candidate to lead this type of charge.