1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady's Visit to Auburndale High School

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bbjai

bbjai Member

Actually if you have seen McGrady's other photos you will notice his sick of aviator sunnys. And you'll also see that he loves black with a white tee underneath. Its just his normal casual attire.

2. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

he's earned all of that money, so of course he's going to enjoy it. i think he has enough money to both donate generously to causes he supports and live a lifestyle that he enjoys. his lifestyle and his concern for others aren't at all in contradiction of each other, they're totally separate

3. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Nice work. It's good to know that people that play for the Rockets like Yao, Deke, and TMac are about more than just the NBA lifestyle and all it's trappings. We're lucky that we have players that are stand-up guys for the most part, rather than being stuck with a bunch of narcissistic, women-beating, thugs like alot of teams have these days. Count your blessings. :)

Oh, and thanks for the comments about his clothes. I didn't know you guys worked for GQ. :rolleyes:

4. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Bet he got'em from Juwon.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It's an important cause and it's great that McGrady is being proactive. I don't want to crap on his effort either, but I have to admit the sunglasses are a bit over the top. It's like handing out turkeys on Thanksgiving to the needy while wearing a fur coat. I don't doubt Tmac's sincerity or think he intended to come off like that. But a publicist or his wife could've given him some fashion tips to dress a little more appropriately for this event.

In any case, I hope to see his documentary and it gets aired on a major network. Hopefully ESPN steps up and will show it, it seems like a perfect union for this project.

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

My grandmother disagrees.

7. rocketshopeful

i was thinking the same, but that should still not detract from a great cause that he is participating in.

Great cause and glad t-mac is involved.

8. Fuse

Fuse Member

Its just merely an observation. He did a very noble thing. It just surprises me that he looks ok, but continues to be absent from the bench.

9. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

exactly!!....why can't he sit on the bench and cheer teammates too?

10. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Deng would be much better to lead the Rockets charge to the playoffs :)

11. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

lmao a person gives charity and you're bashing the guy just cause you don't think he knows what goes on?

Both ignorant and pretentious.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Mt Zion's a basketball prep school in NC that TMac went to his last couple years, as is common among high school bball prospects. Auburndale is the one in Florida whose gym he decked out with a big picture of himself on the wall.

13. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

When the segment first came on I thought it was a clip from Eddie Murphy RAW.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Tmac is a joke and whoever is giving him advice needs to be shot. Let's truly step out like Mutumbo and go to the big spot light. He always melts under the bright lights.

15. vmac

vmac Member

Yeah. Tell me about it.. :(

16. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

yea i seriously don't get why people are bashing him when he is doing something similar to Mutombo and i for one respect him about taking action and being a goodrole model