1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts about Jimmy butler acquisition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 17, 2019.

1. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Butler would be a very good fit. Excellent on defence, very good iso player as well. Only problem is he isn’t a lights out shooter but his production doesn’t depend on it he can finish inside.

But this is a no brainer if we can get him via opt in and trade. We would have to lose EG tho Sixers wouldn’t be interested in Capela cause they have Embiid. They need shooters and I’m sure they would accept EG + filler contract.

Only thing is Jimmy would have to give up a lot of money for this and it doesn’t seem likely to me.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Everything is possible. Who thought Demarcus Cousins go to Warriors?!?!?!? Who thought Lebron's team was out of the playoff 1.5 month before season over?!?!?!? Most importantly, I'm guessing a overwhelming majority didn't think Zion would land with the Pelicans.

Jimmeh over EGO any day of the week. Jimmeh is a good passer and a good rebounder. If lettuce head has a bad offensive night, he does it defensively. Can you say the same thing about EGO?!?!?!?!?

rhee likes this.
  3. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Lettuce head??

4. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Not that I think JB ends up in Houston, I don’t, but the Rockets would need to run a different offense to maximize his strengths. He shot only 33% from beyond the arc this year and is a career 34% shooter. Personally, I’d rather see the Rockets sign s guy like Darius Miller and try to trade for Randle to replace Capela.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think Houston need to Trade Clint to Charlotte for Bizmack and the #12. Take #12 and pack it with Eric Gordon in a sign and trade for Jimmy Butler.
    Philly will lose Butler, might as well get this package for him. Throw in some future 1sts too!.
    Done! I bet Bizmack could be come the next lobber for Harden, and only 1 or so left on his fat contract.

- Sign Trevor Ariza to Vets for backup.
    - Sign Dewayne Dedmon to good contract go over that tax threshold.
    - Resign Faried on contracts.
    - Bojan Bogdanovic is needed here. Highly skilled 3pt/2pt shooter.
    - Buy a 2nd round pick and get a backup point guard for paul to groom.

Paul/ Rookie
    Harden/ Bojan
    J.Butler/ D. House Jr
    Tucker/Ariza/
    Dedmon/Faried/Bizmack/Hartenstein