1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts about Jimmy butler acquisition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 17, 2019.

1. Asian Sensation

If Harden continues his ISO ball ways Jimmy Butler is nothing more than a glorified expensive AF spot up shooter and that’s definitely not his game.

cheke64 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Harden and Tucker are about as untouchable as it gets. The rest of the roster is fair game.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You people sit here and bring up snt senarios, which are not likely. lol Capela not making the max. Butler a UFA, and hes gonna sign with a team who can lock him up for big dollars for 5 years. so end of thread///

Cstyle42 likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah we need to stop investing our thoughts into unrealistic possibilities.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've said this in a couple other threads - Capela isn't the reason they lost this series.

They lost it because they couldn't contain Curry when it mattered. He's the guy who went bonkers for 33 in the second half of game 6. He and Clay made some crazy tough shots in game 5 to escape with that W.

That is on the guards. That's their responsibility. They didn't get it done - Most specifically Cp3.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Only One Team can give him 5 years. Philly.

Everyone else is limited to 4 years.

JoeBarelyCares and sammy like this.
  7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yup...both things can be true,,,capela played like garbage AND curry went off but curry going off was no surprise

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think we'll look back a few years after Curry , Thompson , Durant and Green retire …. and they'll all be in the HOF.

I HATE Green. But damn , that dude is a hell of a player. I wouldn't hate him if he were wearing Rockets red.

Yep , he gave Capela fits …. but who does he not do that to ? Its a short list.

Triple double tonight by Green as they go up on Portland 3-0 while Durant hasn't played a minute.

Curry scores 36.

JoeBarelyCares and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. bret_parrish

bret_parrish Member

who the frick is Murray? Muthaflippin' Bill Murray?!!!!

10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Genius Morey will probably get Butler...when he's 3 years past his prime like every other star besides Harden that he's acquired. Overhyped as hell. I mean, he's been good at getting the decent role players, but actual talent? Meh. When there's interest in a big name, the Rockets always strike out.

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yep. Truly Historic team of this era by far and it's not even close..kinda like the new england patriots of the NBA currently

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Jimmy Butler would make us the favorite to win a title.

2. Getting Jimmy Butler is going to be incredibly tricky.

13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When did we add Jimmy Butler did I miss something?

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Is just the sales pitch to trick you into buying season tickets.

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Jimmy butler would have been great.... THIS YEAR

but acquiring another 31+ year old is just kicking the can down the road while the rest of the west builds on their younger core. We need to get younger and more athletic. Moving Tucker to the 6th man would be a great move IMO. He needs rest and we need to squeeze as much quality production as we can out of him.

trade capela, trade gordon.. sure.. but don't get another 30+ year old "star"

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Butler, go park your ass in the opposite corner of PJ Tucker!

ksny15 likes this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Butler is NOT coming here. Why would he want to play with Harden? Butler wants to the the MAN. All he will be here is a corner spot up shooter. It's not happening.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

It is POSSIBLE (under the cap) to acquire an opted-in Jimmy Butler for a S&T’d Iman Shumpert, Nene (if he opts in himself) and multiple picks. But I’m not sure Philly would be interested in letting Butler walk - AND paying luxury tax next season on Shumpert’s new (~$12M) deal - just to get a couple of picks. Odds are, it would take Gordon to get the Sixers even moderately interested.

That said, if the Rockets offered up an UNPROTECTED (or perhaps a top-4 protected) 2022 first rounder - the possible “double draft” if the One-and-Done Rule gets abolished - that’d be a very attractive asset. Not sure I’d want the Rockets trading that pick, though.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If he wants to be the man, then he will be on perennially losing teams. His loss.

However, "just a spot-up shooter here"? I shake my head at the More-Ee and Dan Tony system sometimes, but given Jimmy Butler's talents, I don't think that'll happen. Heads would roll in that case.

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Come on now. Butler isn’t leaving Philly