1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Me too but it's the texans...

2. buffalobills!!!

Kevin Kolb situation?

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

RG3 won't happen.

It's Osweiler or Draft.

1 person likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So if we sign him, do you guys promise to never watch another Texans game ever again?

Or post in this forum?

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Big games like when Osweiler went up against the 12-0 Patriots on SNF, or when he went up against the 10-4 Bengals on MNF with the No. 1 seed on the line?

6. The Cat

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Patriots in Regular Season is entirely different than Patriots in Playoffs. TJ Yates beat the Bengals at their house also.

8. The Cat

You said he will crumble in "big games". I provided you evidence of two games that most people would consider big. (By the way, Osweiler threw for 299 yards and a QB rating over 100 against the Bengals, while Yates completed 5-of-11 passes for 69 yards. Not exactly the same thing.) Would you like to revise your statement to say he will crumble in "playoff games"?

And if so, what specifically have you seen in Osweiler to indicate that he will not play well in playoff games? He's an unknown, sure -- the same way any rookie or prospect QB would be.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've actually always liked Osweiler. I think I've been mentioning him for several years. But I've been silent since this news emerged because of the money I imagine would be involved.

I'm not going to argue whether he may be good or bad, I'm simply going to say I do not think he plays anything like Matt Schaub.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So I think that Brock, at worst, is better than Hoyer. But anyone else make the connection that: Pats win the Superbowl, we sign their back up. Denver wins the super bowl..........

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Wasn't Mallett the third string QB that didn't play? While Osweiler was the QB that did play and kept the Broncos season alive by winning five of seven games as the starter?

12. ima_drummer2k

Yeah, well.....besides that, it's EXACTLY the same.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Qbs get paid. Even if all you have is a few good games you get paid. Every kid needs to play QB. F being a running back. If my kid got was put in as a RB I would take my kid out of football.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You know... I honestly thought, after three years of absolutely mediocre QB play, that fans might finally look back at Schaub's tenure with greater appreciation. Nope; fans remain with the heads collectively buried in the sand.

If the Texans' next QB posts a 93.3 QB rating with a 7.9 YPA and a 2:1 TD/INT ratio over his first six years, this Texan team, with this coaching staff, is going to win *a lot* of football games.

#34 Hey Now!, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A lot of fans think we haven't actually gotten any worse than Schaub.

Lets not forget that most people here thought Schaub was "average at best" when he was in his PRIME.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Matt Scahub was never good enough to win a title, even in his prime. Even his peak, when he got hurt against the Bucs, would not have been good enough.

17. Hey Now!

I know... all these "Brock = Schaub 2.0" - am I the only one that watched Fitzpatrick/Mallett/Keenum/Hoyer/Mallett/Hoyer/Yates/Weeden/Hoyer the last two years?

18. ima_drummer2k

Some of us are just tired of arguing about him either way.

19. Hey Now!

Was Peyton Manning good enough to win a title last year?

You have a nonsensical standard for QBs. You need a good one, yes - but that 2011 Texan team was a MF'ing beast and they were 100% good enough to win the Super Bowl with a healthy Matt Schaub.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He apparently was. He had to be put in because Osweiler couldn't get the job done. You could see it in Osweiler's eyes that he didn't have the mental fortitude to get it done.