1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

If Brock is so good, why did he get benched for Peyton Manning?
    Are we just going to forget that? I dont care about Manning's career overall, Manning was terrible this season and still replaced Brock as the starter again.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Good lord.. I don't even have a response, really - just: Good lord......

#42 Hey Now!, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  3. Hey Now!

Who is arguing Brock is "so good"? He's looked good; he's looked bad. He's a 25-year old former second round pick selected by the architect of the reigning Super Bowl champions who was mentored by the arguably the greatest QB of all-time.

His appeal is potential; no one believes he's anything beyond that.

By the guy who kept forcing Matt Schaub into the line-up ahead of Case Keenum during a lost 2013 season. Kubiak has a history of preferring over-the-hill veteran QBs.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This will be another qb signing where if will play bad most games then probably have a few good ones but it will take something embarrassing Schaub pick 6's/Hoyer int crazy 30 to nothing game for texans to get rid of Osweiler... at least if they get RG3 he definitely wouldn't get chance after chance if he doesn't get it done within a couple games they'll bench him and he would be cut quick.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously, Manning did not out perform Osweiler. Kubiak just trusted his veteran more.

Bob McNair had to fire Kubiak in order to bench Schaub and play Keenum after Schaub completely collapsed.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Its the game he got benched in . . HE WAS TERRIBLE
    the team was not responding to him . . . . Manning came in and it was a different team

I dunno about this guy

Rocket River

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because Gary Kubiak generally prefers veterans.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10355210&postcount=604

See my post above. I'm not "forgetting" that. I'd love to have specific dialogue about that benching, but no one seems willing to do it. What did he do to "deserve" the benching, and why do you have so much trust in Gary Kubiak?

8. The Cat

What? He threw for 232 yards (over 10 yards/attempt) in ONE HALF. The team had over 300 yards of offense. Everything went just fine, except for an absurd amount of turnovers that Osweiler had NOTHING to do with.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10355210&postcount=604

9. The Cat

This sentence sums up this thread beautifully.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So we've gone from jumping to conclusions not supported by the facts to now reading emotions based off of people's faces who we aren't familiar with?

I got it.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

How? He's in the minority. He's having to defend himself against like five of us.

12. The Cat

He made the thread, that was what I was referring to. :)

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Sign Brock and draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd.

Why does everyone hate this? First wait and see what happened before biitching.

My prediction: sign Brock, release hours, draft a qb while in 2nd or 3rd.

Gives you a chance to groom the draft pick while getting a good look at Brock. If Brock isn't great you have open competition starting year 2 of rookie contract.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Oh ok. I thought you were referring the content of the thread not the title and intent of the OP. I feel bad that I've helped it get to page 3.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And I'd rather mold Tom Savage into Tom Brady.

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

Odds are Brock's gonna stay in Denver unless the Texans pull a crazy stunt like bidding higher which I don't see happening. Honestly, it's probably for the best.

18. The Cat

What specifically is your problem with him? It would seem that a guy who won a decent amount of games in 2015 might be a better option than someone who has genuinely been an awful NFL player for multiple years.

19. Hey Now!

This is WAY overstating what actually happened. Denver trailed 13-7 when Manning entered the game. San Diego had just taken the lead after a Hillman fumble. On the ensuing drive, Manning completed two passes for 20 yards while Hillman/Anderson ran six times for 55 yards; Anderson scores the rushing TD.

On the next scoring drive - a 48-yard FG - Manning was 1/3 for 16 yards, including a failed 3rd down.

Next scoring drive, Manning goes 2/2 for 33 yards; Hillman rips off a 23-yard run; team fails to convert 3rd and 2 and settle for another FG (it's like 2009-2012 all over again!).

Winning score comes on the first play after Denver intercepts Rivers - a 23-yard run by Hillman.

Hillman winds up with 117 yards; Anderson 95. Manning 5/9 for 69 yards; 0/0. Osweiler 14/22, 232 yards; 1/2.

We can argue whether benching Osweiler was a good move; but any narrative that Peyton Manning sparked the Broncos is just empty bull****. He slightly better than Osweiler while being asked to do about a third. The running game turned that game around: 65 in the first half; 147 in the second.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Not trying to pick on you RR, but this is the problem with sports viewership these days. Jumping to lazy conclusions while misinterpreting the facts. He had 232 yards in the first half, and was moving the ball up and down the field. If anybody was TERRIBLE, it was his receivers who continuously dropped balls which led to INTs, and his RBs who fumbled the ball twice. His team wasn't responding, but to imply that had ANYTHING to do with him is disingenuous.

Do I think that he's definitively the answer at QB?? Certainly not. Do I think he's shown potential, and is an intriguing prospect? Absolutely.