1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. dahobo

dahobo New Member

Dragic and lowry are both very good players but I wouldn't definitively say they are better than Lin or they would do better in the current rockets team than Lin. Lowry has looked so much better recently being allowed to run the offence without Rudy Gay taking up all the shots. Dragic has been put in system that suits him this year and he's looked much better for it. All three are very good players but every player needs to be put in a system that suits them to get the best out of them. Don't think anyone will argue that Houston as it is, is not the best system for Lin. You only have to look at the games where Lin has been allowed to have the ball and run the team as the 1st option, ie at the knicks without Melo and rockets without Harden.

To date he has played 16 games without Melo or Harden. 8 with the Knicks (better known as Linsanity) and 8 with rockets spread out over the last 2 seasons.

He went 7-1 with the Knicks averaging 25 points 9.5 assists and 3.63 rebounds. (I included the Jazz game because Melo played 5 minutes)

He's gone 4-4 with the Rockets averaging 21.63 points 6.13 assists and 3 rebounds. (I discounted the Hawks game since he played 4 minutes)

Total averages would be 16 games averaging 23.31 points 7.81 assists and 3.31 rebounds. He has also never scored below double figures in any of these games.

Given this evidence you can't even say he is only effective in a D'Antoni offense.

So his win record while playing his natural role is 11 wins and 5 losses. In those losses those teams have never been blown out the biggest loss was to the clippers on 13/2/13 against the clippers in a 10 point loss. The average margin of loss over those 5 games is 7 points and there have been 2 overtime games and three of them were against winning teams.

I'm not saying lin should be made the Rockets superstar or they should take the ball out of harden's hands but there is definitely a strong case that suggests he is capable of far more than what he is asked.