1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ada32

ada32 Member

Watched the Pacers at Raptors game earlier. Lowery did very well with 13 points, 14 assists and two steals. A great game and they took the game from the Pacers!

Unfortunately, 2Pat did not have too much PT!

2. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

R U kidding me? If Morey does it, Both Lowry and Mchale will be really pissed off.

3. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

At this point this comparison seems off because both Dragic and Lowry are in better position to be successful.

At this point I think Lin and Dragic are neck and neck, very similar players. THeir PER 36 stats are very similar. Difference being that Dragic is in a better position to succeed as he has a main role in the offense and gets more shot attempts whereas Lin is probably 4th option behind Dwight/Harden/Parsons at this point.

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

and here most people thought 2012 are fan only of a certain player and are not basketball fans. after seeing the Rap vs Indy game, I already foresaw somebody to bump this thread . . . lol.

5. RexHadrian

RexHadrian Member

awesome

You wanted ball movement, McHale? Well, here ya go! Those guys together would turn the team into a pinball machine.

1 person likes this.
  6. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

hello there new member. happy new year. i repped you for the "pinball". it make me smile... yeah a pinball type of basketball ...:grin:

7. tonman

tonman Member

dragic .485/.341/.80 and .534 2FG% and 1.392 PPS
    34.9 mpg 2.9 rpg 5.9 apg 1.3 spg 2.2 topg 20.1 PER
    starts at SG, leads team in scoring

lin .480/.370/.78 and .541 2FG% and 1.493 PPS
    30.0 mpg 2.6 rpg 4.2 apg 1.1 spg 2.8 topg 16.4 PER
    NOT primary ball handler, 4th in scoring

yep dragic does everything a little better alright...

btw here's lowry

lowry .422/.374/.82 and .471 2FG% and 1.310 PPS
    36.6 mpg 4.0 rpg 7.2 apg 1.7 spg 2.3 topg 19.0 PER
    primary ball handler, 3rd in scoring, plays most minutes

again, apples to oranges.

8. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I know that...I'm saying in general..If they were able to get Lowry back he would fit in very well. This team lacks toughness and they play lazy a lot. Lowry never played lazy.

9. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Lowry is on the market, if Morey wanted to he can get him back. I think Masai's asking price might be a little high (2 1st rounders?). I wish we could move Lin/Asik and bring in Lowry/Deng.

10. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

That would be nice. It would improve our 3 pt shooting, toughness and defense.

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Lowry's been killing it ever since the Rudy Gay trade. I don't think he would be as effective if he had to play the Lin/Bev/AB role on this team. Not to mention the fit he would throw if he had to come back and play for McHale again.

12. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I'd do this in a heartbeat.

13. RexHadrian

RexHadrian Member

I'm Terrance Jones

Thanks for the rep! Pleasantly surprised to see my little grey square turned green today.

And, as for Rocket Pinball basketball, that would be awesome to see. Morey, make it happen!

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If Morey can get McHale and Lowry to be good friends then I hope we can get him

15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

[​IMG]

that friendship...

16. RexHadrian

RexHadrian Member

That is my favorite sports picture of all time.

17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Even if the Rockets had Lowry or Dragic, both would likely be coming off the bench. McHale would start Bev due to his defense.

18. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Wrong. Dragic is a way better defender and off ball player than Lin, and would be great next to Harden. Lowry is slightly better than Lin and could also be good next to Harden too. They would both complement Harden and that's what you need from your PG spot. And if Dragic was here, I would absolutely be pissed if we don't run the offense through Dragic just as much as Harden. That would solve half of our sticky ball situations.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

McHale loved Dragic. No chance of him coming off the bench.

20. bws

bws Member

Dragic tonight had 33 on 13-22, 2-6 3pt, 5-9 FT and I think it is his season high. SG had 10 shots. Dragic ran the show. He had 7 assists and 4 TO.

Conley had 11 points and 6 TOs and was 4-11 so his counterpoint was held in check. And PGs other than Lin get TOs at least some games.

As for Lin, the most he's shot as a Rocket is 21 times and got 38 points. He had 34 in a game and shot it 19 times. Mostly he shoots around 10-12 times a game. In games he scores higher, he shoots in the mid teens.

I don't see a comparable situation. I don't see the point to this thread. Dragic is a vet now who's playing well and I hope Rockets fans feel great for him. He seems to be in a good situation and team where they are competitive and are performing well. So, best of health to Dragic and hope to see his great play continue.