1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Okay so Dragic has been moved off the ball quite a lot with the addition and emergence of Eric Bledsoe and well, he has thrived and gotten even better. Very impressive indeed. I have always been a little curious as to what kind of effect being taken off the ball would have had on him had he been resigned and eventually paired with Harden. I hate to say it, but they'd be in contention for best starting backcourt in the league.

2. bws

bws Member

But he didn't, and you won't know. And you just can't judge it by what he's doing in Pheonix with another bunch of players in a different system under a different head coach.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Cool, then we can never mention Linsanity ever again because that was with another bunch of players in a different system under a different head coach.

1 person likes this.
  4. allaroundplayer

He hasn't moved off the ball at all. I watched Suns vs. Clippers last night & he had the ball in his hands (playing PG) the whole time he played & was the best player on the floor in that game tallying 26 points, 8 assists & 5 steals in 3 quarters. The Suns were up by 30 so he didn't even play in the 4th quarter. Gerald Green also played a great game scoring 21 points.

5. psingh34

psingh34 Member

BAAAM! haha and the crowd goes wild... great point, but ofcourse lohs will disagree

6. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lin has sucked lately FG% wise. Other than that, he plays decent D and comes up big in the 4th except VS Thunder.

I'd say we come back to this discussion when the season ends. That will give us a clear picture of what's going on.

7. vator

Sure he has in the sense that we are talking about. Don't sit up here and say he played PG the whole time. I watched the game too and Eric Bledsoe brings the ball up quite a bit and initiates the offense. They share that responsibility. Dragic brings the ball up too sometimes, but doesn't Lin? People around here say that Harden moves Lin off the ball. If that is the case, Bledsoe moves Dragic off the ball just as much.

I went back and watched the 1st quarter AGAIN just now just to make sure. Dragic does in fact play off guard...a lot. And he guards the SG on the other team on top of that.

8. vator

I wholeheartedly disagree. I can make a judgment based on the fact that he has shown the ability to play with another ball dominant player and still be aggressive and effective. He is sliding from PG to SG and back seamlessly over the course of the game. Last year I argued in this very thread in favor of Lin because I thought it was hard to compare them because Lin was at a disadvantage of playing with another ball dominant player while Dragic was dominating the ball the entire game in PHX and only putting up slightly better stats. Things have changed.

#1688 vator, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  9. bws

bws Member

Yup. Because players go through up and down stretches. Hope, Lin, Lowry and Dragic all stay healthy.

10. bws

bws Member

Look, it's great that Dragic is playing well. He's older, he's more experienced, he's got a different background and expectations. Right now Lin has to play for McHale, Dragic no longer. Lin plays with Howard and Harden and I just haven't watched Pheonix enough to know the chemistry with Bledsoe and Dragic. When Lin plays with Bev it is a totally different chemistry than with Harden and it isn't always the same with Harden. When he plays without Harden, he thrives. Lin played terrifically in most of November and had an injury filled December. I'd like to see Lin play more months and get back to game speed and physically close to where he was and see where his game is. But still, Lin has played far fewer games and has significantly less experience than Dragic and we don't know what Lin's plateau will be while Dragic may be closer to his.

11. JBar

JBar Rookie

All three of them are good players, but clearly Dragic is having the best year.

12. allaroundplayer

Dragic will make the All-Star team, in all probability, if the Suns keeps winning although the picks are sometimes wrong so you can't leave any doubt.

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The hatred continues!!!!!!!!!!The Devil seems to have his way with so many of us! Hope for better things in 2014 as the New Year starts a few moments ago in the UK. Happy New Year ! Y:p

14. vator

Hey, I realize that you and others will defend Lin tooth and nail to the bitter end and that is fine, but right now today, Dragic is a better player no doubt about it. As long as Lin is a Rocket, I hope he can bridge that gap and eventually surpass him. I really do.

Honestly, I find this topic to be almost as useless as the Harden vs. Paul George one. Only difference is we actually had the chance to retain Dragic had he been offered that extra year on his contract. Seems like he would have opted out of it anyways if he sustained his level of play and not sustained any serious injuries. Lowry doesn't matter. He was traded for a pick that was traded for Harden so he is completely irrelevant in this comparison for me. There was no option for a Harden/Lowry pairing, but the Harden/Dragic backcourt could have happened.

We have Harden and Lin...who we wish we had is pretty much irrelevant at the end of the day. It's like listening to love songs and thinking about that girl that you loved that you let get away and now she is with somebody else. You Facebook stalkers!

15. Neped

Neped Member

And Hornesek is pg friendly.

16. Neped

Neped Member

*Hornacek

17. vator

Lowry and Dragic enjoyed the best seasons of their careers at the time playing for Kevin McHale. I would say that is PG friendly.

18. Neped

Neped Member

Lin has to share Pg position with Harden. That's why Dragic numbers are better.

19. Memento

Memento Member

Like Dragic is not playing with another PG, actuly dragic is playing more SG because Bledsoe can't. You obviusly didn't watch any of suns games.

20. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Lin's been up for the last year. Now Dragic is up. Next month Lin will probably be up again.

Who cares and what does it matter except to Dragic and Lin only fans.

Lin is on the Rox for now. Go Rox!