1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. SeabrookMiglla

it was cool to be able to see a chubby no-name player that many saw talent in, become one of the best PG's in the league. his only downfall is that he grew a big head, and with that his decision making skills on the court went down. he is still a great player though. - k-low

i saw him play in phoenix and knew he was a boss, he is one of my favorite players in the NBA. quiet, humble, heart. - dragon

still too early to say anything about him, but i think he will do pretty good here in houston. unique skill set and a ton of potential. - j-lin

2. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

We could've definitely kept Lowry. His relationship w/ Mchale was water under the bridge at the point he was traded. The organization either under valued Lowry/Dragic or overrated Lin. But its painfully obvious Lowry is the better of the 3

3. JeremyLintel

JeremyLintel Member

Too early and misguided

Problem with these comparisons is that it's way too early and it's misguided on a few levels. First is that it's missing the part about who has more upside. It's also way too basic. Points, assists aren't the only things that are important. It's what you actually do on the court to provide cohesion to the team and make the team better. These things don't always show up in points and assists numbers. Lin does a lot of little things that help teams win. This is one of the reasons for his long winning streak during Linsanity and it will be the reason the Rockets will do very well with Lin/Harden duo, because Harden is also another guy who does all the little things that help teams win.

This pendulum swinging to the extreme on the other side for Lin is starting to get ridiculous. I mean, did Lowry/Dragic every go on a long winning streak with a bunch of scrubs? At the end of the day, it's all about the W. Parsons Asik Linharden know how to play to get wins.

4. cbk41

cbk41 Member

The Toronto pick ended up being part of the package we sent out for Harden.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Maybe you are right, but if you are, Lowry couldn't be on this team with Harden.

So still, if you want to lament Lowry being gone you need to ask "Do I prefer Lowry/Martin as a backcourt or Lin/Harden?"

I think Harden is the best player out of the bunch so I want the pairing that has him in it.

6. Gil

Gil Member

You still don't get it do you or are you a troll or something? There's no Harden if Lowry wasn't traded for the Raptors 1st pick.

Dragic is the one you should be comparing Lynn to if you're really going to be a prick about this.

1 person likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Berry Nice.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No graphs and detailed charts?

U are a disappointing failure jcdenton

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

I can't understand without a graph.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

JCDenton trolling a whole new wave of fans, I love it :grin:

11. alethios

alethios Member

There really needs to be a sub-forum for trolls to keep them out of the GARM. If you make more than one troll thread, you should be relegated to that sub-forum and hereby banned from the GARM. That way trolls can hangout together and not bother real fans with their vitriol.

12. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

How better? Please provide some details: shooting, passing, defensive, steals...

I don't care who is better. once we keep winning, we are happy rockets fan.

Dragic did have better stats at the end of last season, but we lose like 6 of 7 games..

13. torocan

torocan Member

Ok, perhaps we should ask THIS question...

Would you rather have a 100% chance of getting Harden and Lin (what we have now), or a completely undetermined and unknowable probability of getting Harden and Lowry?

Keep in mind, there is NO way of knowing whether we could have gotten Harden WITHOUT the Toronto pick to throw into the pile, or what we would have had to give up.

I'll take Harden in the hand over Harden/Lowry in the bush any day of the week...

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lin and Dragic was a choice: The Rockets use the cap room that Dragic didn't take to sign Lin.

However, there is no Lin vs. Lowry choice. Remember, Lowry was traded for the Toronto "guaranteed lotto pick" which was then used as a part of the Harden package. They didn't choose Lin over Lowry. The team chose the Toronto pick over Lowry thinking that the pick had better trade value in a deal for an elite player.

15. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

the worst tread ever

without 1st round pick from Raptors ===> NO HARDEN

Lowry played for 2 seasons with much better players than we have today (less Harden)

Goram 1 season with the same better roster

Sometimes they played TOGETHER

And none playoff...

SMH

16. alethios

alethios Member

So why weren't we willing to give Dragic that 4th year? I forgot the reason, is why I'm asking.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Dragic wanted a player option and Morey doesn't hand those out to just everybody. It hampers cap flexibility. Dragic is a great player but I have maintained for a long time that he has just as many starts under his belt as Lin. To say that one is more proven than the other as a starter I think is silly.

18. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

Because Goran is 26 yo today, and we are rebuilding with youngs?

our older player is Delfino => with ONE year contract

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Morey want to control the cap by the team rather than the players, so the rockets can detemine the team cap during that time, so he never gives a player option on a contract, do not know the Harden case, several posters already asked this question on the Harden's 5th year.

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

here is the thing.... you can compare dragic and lin and that is a fair comparison.. but if you want to compare lowry and lin.. then you have to look at the rockets team as a whole and compare it as being lowry and martin vs lin and harden bc we would not have gotten harden if we had not traded lowry.

And you look at dragic and lin, I personally would have liked dragic bc i love him as a player, but lin is still not 100 percent and even then I would for the team probably take lin (and one less year on the contract) with 5 less points, just bc I think lin brings more media appeal to the team and makes the team more attractive for future FAs

Also if you are going to declare morey a failure or a success after one game, then how about the hall of fame numbers harden put up are we going to use that as reason why harden should be first ballot hall of famer, mvp of this year? no bc that would be ridiculous, just as your comment is

In conclusion, morey got lowry for skip to my lou; dragic for AB... in making both moves he was booed by the morey haters, and now that the are elsewhere, morey is an idiot for letting them go? make up your mind people!!!! you either like them or you dont!