1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

What the hell are wrong with rockets fans? Those 2 are gone and aint coming back. Lowry didn't want you guys and gave you the middle finger. Dragic wanted his money or he will give you his middle finger and he did just that. Knicks fans are sad to see Lin leave as well but are getting over it. They don't put the hate on Felton like you guys do on Lin. Lin is now your floor general and a rocket. Support him and enjoy the ride.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm a big Lowrey fan and I wish he was on this team.

But...

It's not fair to compare Loury to Lin. There was never a way to keep Lowery. He and coach MacHale were never going to be able to coexist going forward and trading him was the only way to get a valuable asset to be used in a trade. There would be no Harden on this team if we still had Lowry.

If you want to evaluate whether it was smart for Maury to trade Lowry, you need to compare Lowery/Martin vs Harden/Lin. I think Harden/Lin wins that one.

Dragic is totally different. It is perfectly fair to compare him against Lin and I think Rocket fans will be doing that for the next few years. I personally am much higher on Dragic, but I think Lin has a chance to be a really good player for us as well.

Now, throw my whole post aside for a minute...

Is anyone really going to try to say "booyah!" after 1 game? I've never heard of a stat head who would try to puff his chest over such a small sample size.

2 people like this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What Lin did last night is irrelevant to my point. I'm fine with what he gave the team and am confident he can and will play much better.

All I am saying is that using a TEAM record as evidence in a debate comparing two players on different teams is completely flawed.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It'll be over soon, baby.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/058B39PBEYk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Jeremy Lin doubters. That's what makes his story so fascinating. :)

6. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Listen, I love Lowry and Gogi as much as the next guy, but just stop. We won and looked impressive doing so.

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Lowry landed us the pick that got us James "The Bearded Beast" Harden. So no complains here about trading Kyle Lowry.

I do however question the organization's decision on signing Lin over Dragic. I get that Lin gives them more flexibility going forward, but to me Dragic was, with out a doubt, the better two way player. Not to mention he would had fit great next to Harden in the back court.

8. Gil

Gil Member

Surely you're aware of how we aquired Harden right?

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Those antsy posters who try to talk sense in this thread obviously don't know OP.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

By the way, I rated this thread 5 stars. Outstanding work OP. Any thread with such detailed statistical research deserves high marks.

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Is there a way to filter out the comments from rookie members with "no reputation", such as "marexx" in this case? Such a waste of time reading through.

12. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Lowry got us Harden. Nuff Said.

13. marexx

marexx Member

sadly no.hater

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Yes Jlin needs to improve , it will happen - he is not bum.

Frankly I am actually understand how the Dragic fans feel. Heck if you go to the Knicks forum now, there are fans there still b****ing and crying over Jeremy Lin still! To the point the players have to come out and say pleeeeeease FORget Jeremy Lin. You know what , tooo fooking BAD . You guys ran him out and you want FANS to forget as though he never existed? These Knicks fans - kids and all went on this magical ride with Jlin after a string of disappointments. It was a moment which was real and it's part of the knicks history now.

In a way it's the same here, but not so bad. No little kids online crying. LOL
    I can imagine that Dragic and Lowry who carried the team with you guys almost to the Playoff offs without any superstars. That has to count for something right? And it's part of the Rockets history.

I think LOF have to be sensitive to Rockets history and the Rockets fans which ran with lowry/dragic.

Anyway as a LOF(actually I would called myself LF) I am grateful that Rockets have welcomed Jlin to a safe nurturing environment without any carmeloDRAMA, on hindsight Thank god that he is here in the Rockets now with Harden, Asik and the rest of the team . Anyway we got cap room apparently for one more star, this could be the key being a REAL contender.

Go rockets!

15. H-Rockets

H-Rockets Member

Yeah a hater would know who's hating

16. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Lowry wanted out.
    Dragic wanted more money and a player option that he knew he was never going to get here.
    Lin chose Houston.

I'd rather go to war with the guy who wanted to be a Rocket than the other guys with a foot out the door. Yeah, Lowry and Dragic are better players at the moment...because they should be. Lin is basically a rookie coming off a knee injury. In three years, this might be a completely different discussion. We are lucky to have Lin as out point guard because for awhile there, we were looking at having Aaron Brooks starting for us.

Aaron. Bleeping. Brooks.

Why is this a thread?! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  17. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

Jermey Lin fans. That's what makes Lin so hated.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Jeremy Lin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dwight Howard

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    What's wrong with Aaron Brooks mang?

Pre-injury stats: 19.6 points, 5.3 assists, and 2.6 rebounds per game

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wins for Dragic and Lowry-0