1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets tie the NBA record for most 3's in a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Was it a punk move by the Warriors to foul on every possession to deny the new record?

1. Yes

333 vote(s)
    79.1%
  2. No

88 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. proudfoot

proudfoot Member

If the three is the best shot, we take it.

These bench players might not be on a team next year. They need every point scored.

2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Classless? These are grown freaking men. Wouldn't blame the opposition if we were wearing their shoes.

On top of that, these are non-starters trying to earn minutes. Go get yours, son.

3. bgrice

bgrice Member

congrats team...we shoulda broke it but mark jackson had other plans

4. platypus

platypus Member

So it's our fault that Jackson's team couldn't defend from the perimeter? That kind of thinking is what separates good teams from teams like the texans who go into turtle mode after a victory has been assured.

Rockets are just playing the game, last time I checked shooting threes is what our team does. Now intentionally fouling so the other team doesn't get the record then taunting the fans near the bench is classless.

5. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Fk Mark Jackson ... so butthurt. This game is about entertainment, why not let the fans have a chance to experience the Rockets possibly breaking the NBA record. Just guard the 3 pt line ... no need to foul lol.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

This is the NBA. Not little girl's basketball game where the parents get mad if your little girl gets to play or not.

If you're Golden State, you do not allow us to even get close to the record. Man up and play defense throughout the game and we wouldn't be trying to get the last three.

1 person likes this.
  7. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

If a home team is up 20 with minimum time left, but the home fans get free tacos for a certain point total, you dont think the team has a right to send the fans home with something like that?

I can totally understand being upset about someone running up a score but not this time.... the fans wanted to see a record instead of getting free tacos. I dont get the difference and the Warriors acted like a bunch of classless sore losers.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A team that is getting blown out has every right to do whatever they can that's within the rules of the game to minimize the embarrassment.

If the Toyota Center crowd wasn't chanting "One More Three" during the final 2 minutes of the game, my guess is the Warriors wouldn't have done that. Ironically, I think that chant worked against the Rockets.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

:rolleyes:
    False

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

We earned that record but oh well I understand why he did it. He would rather extend the blow out on the box score then let the record hang on him..

11. art

art Member

that's their offense, to penetrate and dish out to the 3
    w's gotta play defense regardless. it's like what do you want the rockets to do?

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

that awkward moment when you realize if this would be happening to us, you would all be calling the other team classless.

gotta love homerism!

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

**** that noise. The least you can do for yourself, your team, and your fans is to lose with some damn dignity. Play some real defense and you won't come close to giving up that record to begin with.

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Which is more embarrassing:
    1. Not wanting 3pt record dealt on your own team OR
    2. Foul to save faces :)

Either way, both are pretty embarrassing to me if you think about it lol. So the record wasn't broken but we KNOW WHY lol...and that in ITSELF is embarrassing LOL.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If you want to gear your defense to deny the three and give up the paint, then fine, way to suck so bad you can't do both. But to intentionally foul? That's as limp-dick as it gets.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It would annoy me, for sure, but I would not be happy with the Rockets taking such a stupid way out. And I'd be MORE frustrated with the fact that they played the sorry ass defense that let them even get close to the record.

17. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

GSW is a great team , but that was some foul ****. Never seen nothing like this before MJackass thanks bro.

18. Arthurprescott2

No, because if the same thing was happening to HOU, I would be furious with McHale for not intentionally fouling.

19. munco

munco Member

pretty cheap considering it's not like we were jacking up 3s. the last shot we took before they became bad sports was a two by Greg Smith. If they didn't want us to break the record they should've just played good D versus being cheap and not even giving us a chance at the record.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Who cares if we WERE running up the score? Especially at home with such a monumental record on the line? This league is exists entirely and completely for the fans.

If the w****-iors can't understand why they were being such giant babies, maybe they need to rethink their career paths.