1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets tie the NBA record for most 3's in a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Was it a punk move by the Warriors to foul on every possession to deny the new record?

1. Yes

333 vote(s)
    79.1%
  2. No

88 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm in minority but hey I don't fault Jackson for fouling. Rox were unconscious most of the night and were breaking/tying records left and right. Gotta have some pride and not be the team to have all time record broken against you.

2. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Who cares if another team did this to us? Intentionally fouling is a weak, little man move. The benchwarmers were in and the game was irrelevant. Jackson is a delusional moron.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Some of our bench players are stupid man....crowds were chanting to shoot 3 and they chose to drive to the basket. There is a time Motiej had a brief open look for 3, why not shoot it? And Greg Smith doing post up?? C'mon man.....we need a 3. Oh well.

4. jocar

jocar Member

I'd be happy if we barely squeezed in the playoffs in 8th spot-- with the Warriors in 9th :D

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A shooting chart that @<a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">HoustonRockets</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">dmorey</a> would be proud of-- a 3-point barrage <a href="http://t.co/YVKRxGm4" title="http://yfrog.com/fvbfq3j" org_href="http://yfrog.com/fvbfq3j">yfrog.com/fvbfq3j</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/298998302580563968" data-datetime="2013-02-05T21:35:25+00:00">February 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    [​IMG]

6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

When they tried to defend our 3, Beverley dunked it on them. Both ways they were going to get raped lol.

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

It's called being good at basketball.

1 person likes this.
  8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Everyone was booing when Beverly Dmo was jacking up those two point shots. Every one was saying one more 3.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Mark Jackson is one of the biggest punks in the league.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

They have every right to foul on every play just as we have every right
    shoot a three in every play.
    The crowd at Toyota Center actually had
    more to do with the late game antics than anything else. The Warriors
    had nothing to play for except stopping the three.

11. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

You were wrong with the Rockets winning streak you farce!! :mad:

12. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

In all honesty it's based on perspective. Let's flip the script and the Warriors are beating us by 30 pts and they just tied the NBA record for most threes. At this point I WOULD NOT want them to break the record on us. At this point, I'm probably feeling awful about this game. So, I understand why Mark would do what he did. Plus, I think we'd do the same thing as well.

That said, I'm a Rockets fan so I don't give a s**t about the other team.

13. LivinLikeLarry

Honesty with McHale being as classy as he is, he would have at least let Golden State get threes off without fouling if the script of tonight was reversed.
    And the flagrant was taking it too far...

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I have no problem with it.. that's why NBA records are hard to beat. It's easier when everyone goes off vs. a superstar or two.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Totally agree. That's what Jackson's team would never do. When you're up 30 and it's late game, milk the clock, get a decent 2-point shot.

Shooting threes is effectively trying to run up the score. Do not like.

16. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

I wish the thread title said "broke" instead of "tie"

Mark Jackson = sore loser

17. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

Looked to me like Jackson spent more time coaching his team how to avoid records than he spent coaching them how to play defense. He should embarrassed.

18. art

art Member

the crowd reaction and beverly celebration was what caused the intentional fouling

19. trock

trock Member

I can understand his not wanting to give up the record, but just admit what it is--petty. He's standing up there in front of the media talking about how they're not going to lay down like it's some pride things and he's winning something by not letting the Rockets and their fans enjoy an NBA record. Instead they're going to intentionally foul, stop the clock, and put the opponents on the line so they can run up the score that way. What a victory.

20. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

It's was a punk move, especially since the Rockets were probably just going to dribble out the clock before the last foul. I'll take the 140, though. I really like the 140 pts :)