1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The case for keeping Kubiak

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bandwagoner, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Considering the thread itself, do you even think the OP can be reasoned with? Why bother?

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If you watch other games many coaches make similar mistakes. I don't know why but clock management seems to be a commonly fugged up skill in the NFL.

3. Bandwagoner

Don't you have to drink some cranberry juice for your period this week?

4. Disciple of RP

Wow. Your wit simply amazes me. PLEASE, grace us with some more of that BLAZING rhetoric of yours.

:rolleyes:

5. Bandwagoner

McNair has said if their is a disagreement between Smith and Gary, he settles it. Gary does not have the final say.

I have no idea how many games they will win.

I think he will be brought back no matter what the record is. I am hoping Smith and the entire defensive staff is not.

Personally if I could get a surefire better coach, like Cowher, I would fire him no matter what their record is after this year. i don't think that will happen.

6. Disciple of RP

...and uh, "cranberry juice"?? I don't know wtf you're talking about but it's obvious: you know FAR more about female menstrual cycles than I ever will. So I'll just defer to the expert here, I guess. lol

7. Bandwagoner

Yeah, you were probably to busy doing tae bo to ever watch The Departed. On the other hand most females don't like violent movies so I guess you skipped it on purpose.

8. Disciple of RP

Again....I have no idea what you're talking about. But please, keep the gems coming. You're obviously an expert on bleeding vaginas...so again, I'll just defer to the expert here.

Please, keep it coming. HILarious.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

How can anyone justify keeping Kubiak still?

If you want mediocrity and heartbreak, then sure keep this bum.

Kubiak has the team he wants and the coaches and gm he picked, there is no reason for this team to have not made the playoffs after 5 seasons.

Teams such as the Ravens and Jets have hired new coaches in the time we have had Kubiak and made the playoffs, it is time for a change, and time to get a coach that will have his team mentally prepared.

GET RID OF GARY!

10. Disciple of RP

Much less, start an entire thread about it.

???

Watch out though, this chick will come at you with every menstrual cycle joke she's got. Don't cross her!

1 person likes this.
  11. Marteen

Marteen Member

I don't believe in getting rid of Kubiak solving anything. They lost to close winnable games. It could have easily gone the Texans way, and we'd be looking at a 6-4 team. At least the situation with the Texans isn't as bad as the Vikings and Cowboys.

Both of those made the play-offs last year and have had worse sub-par years than the Texans who bared missed the play-offs.

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

The thing is we shoot ourselves in the foot every time we lose. Gary cannot manage this team at all. We have had plenty of opportunities to win games, but he has made the calls on offense that have just killed us.

Shying away from Foster. Throwing 2 times on a 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1.

Not knowing how far Matt had to go for a first down...

I mean he has got to go.

13. Bandwagoner

they were right near the end zone and they ran the ball which eats clock and put it in the hands of their best offensive player who also happens to be leading the NFL with 13 touchdowns.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No realistic play was called that would reach the endzone. All three were designed squat plays to take time and kick a FG. THere was no way they were going for a TD in that situation.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If this is the case why does Kubiak gets a pass
    and Smith gets fired?

This would be the assumption that . . all BAD calls are Smith
    and all GOOD calls are kubiak??

You are drinking the Kubiak Kool-aid something Fierce

Rocket River

16. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

At least a play-action pass with a safe route designed to both give a chance at the TD with the option of throwing it to an outlet back to keep the ball in play. And hey, even if you get sacked, at least you gave it a shot to try and make it impossible for the Jets to beat you in regulation.

17. Bandwagoner

Because all of the good calls have been on the offense and the bad calls on the defense.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The offense doesn't get a pass either. Too many 3 and outs, absent at least a quarter every game, and can't score unless it's the 4th quarter? We should be seeing leads going into halftime every game.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

But unlike in some of the other games, Foster really wasn't gashing the Jets. He was getting 2-3 yards at best with a decent run thrown in the mix. In games like the Colts or Chargers where the yards were getting marked off in 5s instead of 1s then it's a solid strategy.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And what about all the clock mismanagement? Or the refusal to HOLD anybody on the defensive coaching staff responsible for this horrendous season? What exactly are you holding out for here? What has Kubiak done for you to fight so vigilantly for his job?? This offense can be coached successfully by somebody who has more experience. What cannot happen by keeping Kubiak however is changing the culture of this team.