1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Battle of Berkeley

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Apr 15, 2017.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

She was a larger threat that you are making her out to be. Size does not matter when weapons are involved. She had a glass bottle and was about to lob one at people.... and she likely had more in her backpack.

#161 dachuda86, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

They almost ruined Hayden's "Emperor's Hymn" as well with the "Deutschland über alles" stanza which is banned in Germany now. One of my favorite hymns being a cradle Episcopalian:

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This girl reminds me of one of those kids who tells you story, and keeps adding "and then" "and then" "and then"

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know that you don't understand things like the law, but that's not how it works. The state of California classifies a bottle as a deadly weapon when it is being used as a weapon. With the reports of people throwing bottles and using them as a club, there is reason to suspect that she was in possession of that bottle as a weapon and had the intent to use it. That makes it no different from being a knife or club in the eyes of the law. It's no different than cases of women grabbing screwdrivers and attempting to stab people with them being charged with assault with a deadly weapon.....even if they are 97 pounds.

The rest of your babble doesn't dispute any of that and just further shows your ignorance and how divorced from reality your world perspective is.

You can argue all day that the guy was a scumbag and no one will disagree with you.....he is a scumbag. That doesn't mean that his actions weren't legally justifiable. If you can't separate "morally or socially correct action" from "legal action" then you shouldn't be attempting to have this conversation.

If you want to hold on to that opinion, don't accidentally click a link to p*rn she's done. b**** looks like Chewbacca and that's so VERY unacceptable.

dachuda86 likes this.
  5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He was there just to defend others from bottles...no other reasons at all!

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So anarchists are often times violent at their protests? Wow, I had no idea.

Another EARTH-SHATTERING revelation provided by a YouTube video.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I watched a couple of videos of the riot, one from the perspective of a dude handing out pepsi soda cans to everyone which was quite hilarious.

Here's the thing. Both sides were throwing all sorts of junk at each other... BOTH the antifa and right wing groups. By that logic, everyone had a right to deck everyone in the face. Him decking her prevented 1 glass bottle out of thousands of random hard objects being thrown around by both sides. He didn't prevent ****. That dude along with her were both there to start ****. It's that simple. Both are cunts.

If that dude genuinely cared for the safety of others than he would be decking a lot more people and not just on one side. Any rational person would understand that punch came from a motivation of hate rather than self defense. I think that's an easy conclusion to make from a guy who pointed a loaded firearm at a cab driver because he looked Iraqi.

Could the punch be seen as self-defense? I guess... Maybe. It really doesn't matter either way because the last time this dude faced prison time he turned into a white-supremacist. Prison ain't going to help this **** head.

#167 fchowd0311, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you - it was a brawl - anything goes. Self-defense is thrown out. They weren't looking to disarm one another, they were looking to harm one another. Both of them should be thrown in jail and charged.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Project much?

I heartily encourage you to punch the next 97 pound woman holding a bottle that you see, and see what that gets you (a criminal record is what I suspect).

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Project? No, I was trying to explain the law to you because you've been struggling quite a bit with it. Anyway, it's okay, I get that these conversations aren't for everyone and you seem to get confused really easily so let's just drop it.

If you don't realize that someone punching a person using an empty bottle as a weapon wouldn't lead to a criminal record.....well you are just a special kind of special.

11. wouldabeen23

How's about we end this $hit-show thread? No ones changing their minds over anything that anyone has said within....oh wait, that's the entire D&D, never mind.

generalthade_03 and dachuda86 like this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Who wears these costumes better? Liberals or ISIS

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, it's worse than even the standard D&D thread.

I hope we all agree this event was full of idiots. So then the thread becomes which idiots do you dislike more. Not a good recipe for useful discussion of anything. And there's nothing to change your mind about, really, unless you decide, kind of like I guess I did before it even happened, that I disliked them all about the same.

1. Trump supporters who have nothing better to do than seek a physical confrontation with angry nihilists intentionally chose the perfect spot for such and drove there with full intention of provoking idiots they consider "liberal."
    2. Antifa (sounds like a generic laxative, doesn't it?) shows up, as if on speed dial, with stupid outfits, ready to fight for justice (sic).
    3. Berkeley police decide to just see how things work out (??? WTF ???)
    4. Violence -- the least surprising, most uninspiring, most depressing violence since Rocky VI -- ensues.
    [​IMG]
    5. Youtube and BBS threads celebrate with footage. The only good one being the Pepsi offering video, and thank god for it.

15. wouldabeen23

LOL, I like the cut of your jib, sir.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

WUT?

KingCheetah likes this.
  18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Wow, that video is disturbing.

Seriously, **** Antifa and anyone who defends them.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Scumbag is an Ethics professor at SFSU