1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Battle of Berkeley

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So you're justifying violence on them because you disagree with their views? That's insane.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You appear to be of the mistaken opinion that Make America White Again protestors went to Berkeley to have a peaceful protest and a respectful exchange of ideas with the counter protestors.

That's insane.

3. No Worries

His irrational fear of well hydrated women that forced him into violence is likely not a quality legal defense.

His sorry ass is going to jail.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm well aware that the pro-Trump crowd demonstrated in Berkeley looking for a confrontation with AntiFa. But the pro-Trump demonstrators were still not the first aggressors. AntiFa has a history of rioting and violence, which the city of Berkeley has been complicit with. You'd fit right in with Berkeley as you seem to have no problem with these domestic terrorists.

Please don't stab me for disagreeing with you.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, like I thought, you are incapable of rational thought when it comes to this issue. It's okay, I was probably expecting too much.

That said, to spell out my point for those who are capable of rational thought, she was carrying what would be considered a deadly weapon in the state of California and there were reports of people throwing bottles, fireworks and bricks. She had a stated violent intent when showing up to begin with. All he'd have to prove is that he thought that the woman carrying the deadly weapon had violent intent and this becomes self defense.

To break it down further for people, in the state of California you have to show

1. The evidence of this is the picture of her with the bottle along with testimony of others who say that bottles were being thrown and used as weapons. Really easy to prove.

2. There's photo evidence that she had the bottle already in her hands backed up by testimony of others who say that bottles were being thrown and used as weapons. You can also use evidence from her social media that suggested that she showed up with violent intent giving credibility to his reasonable belief that if he did nothing she would put either him or others in danger. Really easy to prove.

3. As soon as she was not a threat (knocked down with the bottle broken) he left.

If anything the hairy little girl doesn't want a trial because there is likely enough evidence to try her for assault with a deadly weapon because under California law, the assault doesn't have to be successful in order for you to be guilty. It wouldn't be a great case, but it would be more solid than an assault charge against the douchebag that hit her.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Who cares about that chick. when female Trump supporters were being peppered sprayed and harassed by these animals no one even bat an eye.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone willing to commit acts of violence - whether it be the alt-right types or these anarchists - are criminals and the lowest form of life.

The fact that the OP and people like Bigtexxx are the only ones celebrating this "battle" tells you everything you need to know about them.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm trying to think when was the last a brawl like this broke out between two large political group in the United States.

edit: The last Trump rally in Berkeley.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Antifa are the very fascists they claim to oppose. Usually just a bunch of idiots who think they are fighting for something. They do not respect the Constitutional rights of freedom of speech and expression. They are a rebranding of Communism... the same way the alt right is a rebranding of white supremacy. Both groups hide behind other views and latch onto others to try and appear bigger than they are. Both groups have violent members. And both groups are full of idiots who want to control the language, thoughts, actions, and opinions of others.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

how do you know they are large groups? They seem like a very vocal and active minority. Never met an actual member of either of these groups.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

it depends on your definition of large. I would say anything over 300 is large.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

good point. but it still does not seem popular. A group that goes around like this will fail to grow once they are seen as extremists. They may be labeled a terror group based on their actions.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

oh God Joey Salads... he is such a fake. Wish he would keep out of political issues and go make fake pranks.

15. No Worries

So if you were in Punch McPunchFace shoes, wrt your legal strategy, you would lead with "that 97 pound woman with a bottle lead me to believe that I was in imminent danger". The judge might laugh so hard that he would fall out of his chair.

Let's reset. Punch McPunchFace is surrounding by people who do him harm. His threat assessment lead him to believe that the smallest, weakest of the group is his greatest danger, so he defended himself. This is laughable.

Occam razor: In the fighting frenzy, he picked an opponent who was the least dangerous to himself and attacked. He immediately afterwards, acting like the coward that he is, ran away before his real opponents (200 pound guys with or without bottles) noticed what he had done.

Bobster, I know that this does not fit your world narrative. But it is what it is. As you know, in life those that fail to adapt ....

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If you review the facts several people were hit in the eye with a bat or its destructive cousin the club.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, I thought about that and wondered if the tuba player was aware of it as well. Truth be told, Hitler was a huge Wagner fan but most other run-of-the-mill nazis hated him because...well, he was an artist....

Anyway, any time I see or hear "antifa" it make me think of this:

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

These two dipshits are much braver than you p***y internet warriors. LOL at any of you saying you'd "put them down like a mangy dog" or other such nonsense. Go ****ing do it or shut the **** up, big man.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Heck, with them tough chicks, you ain't wanting ta punch em! "Make Love, Not War," know whut I'm sayin? Assaulted girl is HOT to me!

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Many of us have in the past. Red Square club, downtown Houston, mid-1990s. Hit twice in the face. But you shoulda seen the other guy!