1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas liberals shamefully protest Perry's measures to safeguard women's health

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jun 23, 2013.

1. bongman

bongman Member

Since we are talking genocide it is pertinent that we use the holocaust as a metric to determine what is or what is not. Numbers is not what decides what a genocide is. I already posted the meaning of it and it has nothing to do with NUMBERS unless you want to somehow redefine it's meaning. It has been proven that there was a SYSTEM in place during the holocaust to exterminate the Jews.

FACTS:
    - The tobacco industry has focused their sales in Asia by having more distribution centers there
    - Asia is where most of cigarettes are consumed.

Based on your logic, we can conclude that there is a genocide happening on Asians. Forget the fact that as a business, it makes sense to allocate more resource and put distribution centers in places where there is more demand - just like having more abortion clinics where there are more participation.

Saying you got a platform based on a conclusion that has nothing to do with FACTS does not make it valid.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Over 70% of the Black kids in this country are being raised in single parent households... So do you and the "Black America" you know believe that number was that high before integration...?

My apologies... I should have said correctional control (which includes prison, jail, probation, parole)... But good conservative point on the growth of the population as reasoning for it. The war on drugs and the government coming down harder on drugs in the Black communities (and Hispanics) than they did the White communities (and handing out more time for crack than cocaine) must be a small liberal group myth.

Well, I guess that makes killing babies okay... You win.

3. Remii

Remii Member

No it isn't... This is the U.S. and you're totally disrespecting the millions of Red and Black people who were killed by the actions of Europeans in this country. So we don't have to bring up Germany, especially when Hitler learned from what he was seeing going on over here.

That's Asia, and I don't view abortion as a business like you do...

I guess this is what Black conservatives mean when they say Black people are just convenient allies for liberals.

2 wings _ same bird...

4. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

So now I understand. If I'm pro-choice it means I hate African-Americans and if I'm pro-life it means I hate women. amirite?

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Abortion Clinics strictly speaking are just doctors making money. I don't think they have an agenda greater than that. PP has an agenda to give people choice and help them plan their lives in ways that will make them more successful.

The aim isn't to stop AA from breeding. It's just to give someone a CHOICE to avoid sexually transmitted diseases, educate on contraception use to avoid an unwanted pregnancy and give them the option of an abortion is they so CHOOSE. No one is encouraging anyone to have an abortion!

The problem in poor areas is that there is a lack of education and safety. Perhaps it is better for people to first focus on improving themselves before creating another human being. That's true whether you or black or white. This allows people to be set up to give their kids the best chance in life possible.

How can that be a bad thing? Where do you get that PP is this organization trying to eradicate blacks? I mean, do you realize much of the staff in these neighborhoods are black?

6. bongman

bongman Member

So when does the meaning of genocide change? Your logic for equivalence is beyond understanding. What you seem to be saying is just because I got caught steeling something in the past, whenever something is missing, it is my fault without requiring the need of proof?

If you don't like Germany for this analogy, lets try Bosnia/Croatia or Armenia/Turkey. Both genocides had a system and documents that PROVE the wanted to eliminate the other party.

All you have is a conspiracy theory with no legs to stand on. For the last time, please provide who is the leader of this genocide, documents which clearly states this is what we need to do with black people - install abortion clinics. I can do that for the germans or any other undisputed genocidal events in history. Can you do the same? Don't answer that, as I know there isn't one. :rolleyes:

7. Remii

Remii Member

I already posted a Margaret Sanger quote and link on page 33 in discussing the origins of PP... And I'm not saying that they don't do any good at all, but abortions isn't the solution to the root of the problem and or at least shouldn't be the first step of action that is taken. And a lot of males don't go to PP which is why education on sexual responsibility should be in the school system (at least in the poor minority school system) because young ladies don't get pregnant on their own.

Agree with the bolded part and a lot of young people in certain communities need help doing that. But maybe all these smart people in this country can't figure out how.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Oh, so you need documentation to prove that people were murdered so American Indians and Black people don't count... Okay... You win.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So how'd Remii manage to turn a thread into a "black people are victims!!!" festival this time?

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think I can field this one. The gist was that planned parenthood is a secret genocidal arm of the government intent on eliminating the black race. The slave days were better because now more blacks are in prison/parole/debt than ever before. The holocaust never happened.

11. bongman

bongman Member

First, murder does not automatically mean genocide. Second, I am asking proof for YOUR claim that there is a systematic elimination of black Americans via abortion clinic.

Your platform is no better than any of the conspiracy theories out there. All bark but no proof. Just more ramblings and strawman arguments. Good luck with that.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting:

Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information. The law enjoyed bipartisan support from liberals who saw contraception access as increasing families' control over their lives, and conservatives who saw it as a way to keep people off welfare. Nixon described Title X funding as based on the premise that "no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition."

They serve over five million clients a year, 26% of which are teenagers under the age of 19. According to Planned Parenthood, 75% of their clients have incomes at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood

13. Major

Major Member

I don't see why that stat defines whether black households are better off today. Fewer black people are lynched today than prior to integration. Why doesn't that matter?

It's conservative to take into account population? :confused: And you shouldn't have said correctional control or prison population. You should have realized the stupidity of your claim and just stopped there. I think it's funny that you think it's better for black society if 3 million out of 3 million black people are slaves rather than 4 million out of 40 million black people on probation (numbers made up, of course).

Great logical argument there. When you can't actually respond in a coherent fashion and instead run away with a strawman, it says quite a bit about your claims.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes she didn't think people with genetic defects should have babies, and she didn't think people who couldn't afford babies should have them as that creates hardship.

I don't see how that shows she was a racist.

Yes education should be in the school and such, but it's not. And having PP is better than having nothing at all.

15. Remii

Remii Member

Because that meant there were more two parent households... And integration has nothing to do with lynching. The government just needed to uphold the law on murdering people and burning down towns and blowing up homes, and give equal opportunities with government programs.

It's still a true claim regardless on if you think it's a stupid claim... And yes... You gave a good ol John McClain conservative answer by pointing to the population increases and ignoring the so called war on drugs that targetes minority communities.

And I never said people were better off being slaves... I said Black people were better off being segregated.

Actually, I just overstand that there's a big group of liberals who are prejudice against other people's opinions they don't agree with which makes them no different than their counterparts on the right... Two sides of the same coin.

I guess that's one way of looking at it... I just don't believe education on sexual responsibility is too much to ask to avoid people having to make a decision on abortions.

Good debate on this topic Sweet Lou.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

@bigtexxx faints. It's all starting to catch up to you buddy.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/texass-failed-experiment-to-replace-pp.299318/

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

They're against expansion of the welfare state; "women's health" is a big part of the welfare state.

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

But don't touch my Social Security programs? Only "women's health"? The Republican hasn't gone that far, but because they are hell bent over backward to defund PP, they don't care that it has a real impact on women's health. The evidences is in TX government defunding PP and reallocating that to other "women health" programs, something that is failing miserably to achieve their stated goal of continuing "women health" but without PP.

Now, perhaps they are truly against welfare and if given the power, they would strip the US of all welfare programs. That's probably a world you and your fellow comrade want to live in, pre-great depression with no social safety net.

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

SS payouts go overwhelmingly to women -- mostly retirees; but also single mothers and their welfare state representatives: https://www.acf.hhs.gov/archive/css...social-security-act-child-support-enforcement

And that's just what we know about. The government is very good at hiding its spending.

Yes, both Repubs and Dems are to blame for the welfare entitlement state.

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

As it should. This is to be applauded.

Yes indeed, for many reasons. We're subsidizing dysfunction for one thing; and oh yeah 180 trillion in spending commitments for the US government as far as the eye can see. None of this is sustainable in a financial or social sense.